Touge Union
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport's Touge Community

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

tuning an AE86

Go down 
+12
Clutch927
galeforce97
lBrawnyemperoRl
Obelisk
ZeroFoxGiven
bukkaz
Koolaid
MiNd
Ialyrn
KraZe
StrawberryGL
mitch_wolf
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

tuning an AE86 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: tuning an AE86   tuning an AE86 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2014 9:32 am

KraZe wrote:
Obelisk wrote:
Either way, this makes less sense than a 260 HP SUV touching the 8 minute barrier on the Ring.

Holy forced analogy Batman
Holy obscure joke, Batman!
Back to top Go down
Koolaid
Touge Veteran
Koolaid

PostSubject: Re: tuning an AE86   tuning an AE86 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2014 10:16 am

I'm going to be completely blunt here.
This is coming from the kid who comes up with every excuse as to why he is loosing grip other than the fact he is just is a bad driver.
Trust me we've tried helping, tested his crappy tunes while still running under 4.40's, gave him several tunes that have been proven to hit 4.33s-4.35s and yet he still complains that its the car.
I've lost all faith in him and I absolutely can not take him seriously when he screams "OMG, my tires"
I wouldn't call "suddenly losing traction and hitting the guardrail" a good run btw.
Back to top Go down
ZeroFoxGiven
Water Spiller
ZeroFoxGiven

PostSubject: Re: tuning an AE86   tuning an AE86 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2014 10:22 am

I see where you're coming from Koolaid, I race with him often.
I use the term "good run" loosely lol.
Back to top Go down
mitch_wolf
Tofu Delivery Driver
mitch_wolf

PostSubject: Re: tuning an AE86   tuning an AE86 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2014 11:00 am

You know i can see what you guys are saying -___-;;
Back to top Go down
http://furaffinity.net
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: tuning an AE86   tuning an AE86 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2014 11:04 am

We are all fully aware of it. You have things to learn, and the first lesson is to quit blaming the car for your driving incompetence.
Back to top Go down
mitch_wolf
Tofu Delivery Driver
mitch_wolf

PostSubject: Re: tuning an AE86   tuning an AE86 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2014 11:41 am

You know my autism has caused a learning disability but you guys just don't seem to give a fucking damn well do you know what? Whatever I'll go on my own then
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: tuning an AE86   tuning an AE86 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2014 11:43 am

Autism isn't an excuse to blame incompetence on the car.
Back to top Go down
mitch_wolf
Tofu Delivery Driver
mitch_wolf

PostSubject: Re: tuning an AE86   tuning an AE86 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2014 11:50 am

Yeah well no one will teach me the proper driving technique they keep saying it took them years and we'll guess how long it will take me it'd take a decade cause i cant learn like all you guys can I have to have special help in school itself and have to attend a damn Christian school which is really annoying as well :/
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: tuning an AE86   tuning an AE86 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2014 11:52 am

I've been at touge for about 2-3 years now and I'm still barely scraping at the edge of the top drivers in GT6.
Back to top Go down
mitch_wolf
Tofu Delivery Driver
mitch_wolf

PostSubject: Re: tuning an AE86   tuning an AE86 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2014 11:56 am

Uh huh and how do you think it would take me to learn everything I need to know to be faster on forza 4? A fucking decade cause of my autism i hate it i hate it alot!
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: tuning an AE86   tuning an AE86 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2014 11:58 am

Just keep driving. You'll get something eventually. But until you can admit it's your own fault for driving poorly and you actually step up and try to learn faster lines, we can't even begin to help.
Back to top Go down
mitch_wolf
Tofu Delivery Driver
mitch_wolf

PostSubject: Re: tuning an AE86   tuning an AE86 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2014 12:12 pm

Wasn't it clear that if I asked you guys to help or teach me that I'm admitting I'm doing something wrong! No I guess not...
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: tuning an AE86   tuning an AE86 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2014 12:14 pm

mitch_wolf wrote:
Yeah well no one will teach me the proper driving technique

This is me being completely honest here, at this point no one CAN help you get faster because 90% of being fast is all on the driver. And you're faster than you give yourself credit for since you can run 4:42s which is easily within the average here.

Two pieces of advice, and this applies to everyone:
1) Always blame yourself for slow times (having a slow car is also a driver's responsibility since you're supposed to tune your own car and learn to drive it at the limit).
2) If you wanna get faster, PRACTICE. No one can be good at something with no practice and NO it doesn't take years to be fast (Konasumi went from being average to being the #1 fastest time on Fujimi NDH in a little under 6 months.

If you don't want to do this then just forget about improving, it WON'T happen.

Also there's over 200 members on this forum (although not all active) and we are all different people so it's hard to adjust ourselves for ONE person especially someone with your situation. We don't really need to get along with you, but if you want to be a part of this forum, YOU are going to have to get along with US. All previous members that failed to do this were either ostracized or banned. You yourself left this forum once already and whatever reason it was I can assure you it's not any different now.
Back to top Go down
mitch_wolf
Tofu Delivery Driver
mitch_wolf

PostSubject: Re: tuning an AE86   tuning an AE86 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2014 12:20 pm

I've tried to get along with people but alot keeps happening outside my life that involves arguments between my parents to other types of dramas and now im limited to when I can play games cause now during school days except Friday I can only be on from 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm eastern time and it pisses me off even more cause now im limited on time for when I can practice which is really upsetting and don't ask why my parents did this to me
Back to top Go down
mitch_wolf
Tofu Delivery Driver
mitch_wolf

PostSubject: Re: tuning an AE86   tuning an AE86 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2014 12:22 pm

Basically all I'm saying is with all the stuff that's been happening in my outside life it's bundling up and angers me and I guess I can't control my anger sometimes and im trying to get along with everybody here and I know i need to practice but im limited on time and also my damn xbox has been giving me a headache i can barely get the games to run on it anymore i need to have it taken in or have to get a new one
Back to top Go down
mitch_wolf
Tofu Delivery Driver
mitch_wolf

PostSubject: Re: tuning an AE86   tuning an AE86 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2014 12:26 pm

oh and before I forget I want to apologize to everybody I know your all trying to help me and I get I need to practice and your right its my fault that I keep losing grip in the rear tires when exiting corners at times but I cant be able to practice everyday also I have a comic series im gonna work that I also have to think about so my brain is going all over the place in my head @w@
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: tuning an AE86   tuning an AE86 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2014 12:33 pm

Look, I don't know what you're going through, but we're all here to play a game and have fun with our hobby which is cars and Initial D. Your real life problems sound more like a priority than getting better at this game but you know what? You don't HAVE to be the fastest, you just need to have fun, that's all that really matters.
Back to top Go down
mitch_wolf
Tofu Delivery Driver
mitch_wolf

PostSubject: Re: tuning an AE86   tuning an AE86 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2014 12:41 pm

yeah but I want to be able to compete and I know you told me I should ignore the guy but I have unfinished business with a driver and well the team hes with too as I was driving with them once and they all smacked me around when I was ahead of them and I got left behind that's also why im trying to be faster so I can beat them and move on and show what I can really do and again I apologize to everyone in this community and kraze not only am I trying to be faster to beat the team that knocked the crap out of my car but I want to be faster so I can compete with others like you, bukkaz and any other driver whos above the average time
Back to top Go down
lBrawnyemperoRl
Touge Elite

PostSubject: Re: tuning an AE86   tuning an AE86 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2014 1:11 pm

Maybe you should target smaller achievements and nit the big final one. You wont get better with too much pressure. You need to stay calm while practicing. analyze what went wrong and try to correct it.

You got to a 42 time way quicker than i did. but i never even tripped about it. Fun is priority like KraZe said. Everything else will come as a side effect
Back to top Go down
mitch_wolf
Tofu Delivery Driver
mitch_wolf

PostSubject: Re: tuning an AE86   tuning an AE86 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2014 1:22 pm

I see and yeah I get it I would have actually got a better time but there is this turn where its a highspeed corner before it turns into two hairpins and well at last hairpin before the turns where you can drive straight through before the left bend well my car slipped and I lost control and ran into a guardrail which made me lose time
Back to top Go down
galeforce97
Water Spiller

PostSubject: Re: tuning an AE86   tuning an AE86 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2014 1:24 pm

you say you want to compete. maybe you should challenge someone else. go race other people see what you learn from those battle and then after a few battles when you have picked up on a few of the areas you make mistakes then challenge Camaro. racing the same person over and over expecting a different result when you dont learn from your mistakes is pointless

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Albert Einstein

Unless you adjust your style to make up for where you lose time or learn how to avoid the mistakes you're making you WILL lose to Camaro and will continue to until you change

dont respond straight away. go away think about it and then come back
Back to top Go down
mitch_wolf
Tofu Delivery Driver
mitch_wolf

PostSubject: Re: tuning an AE86   tuning an AE86 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2014 1:26 pm

thing is not many are active so theres not really many to challenge at the moment so pretty much I can only race my damn ghost
Back to top Go down
lBrawnyemperoRl
Touge Elite

PostSubject: Re: tuning an AE86   tuning an AE86 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2014 1:47 pm

Which is what most people here do actually. Or at least did at one point. Chasing your ghost makes mistakes more obvious as you can observe all you want.

I for one did that A LOT back in the days
Back to top Go down
mitch_wolf
Tofu Delivery Driver
mitch_wolf

PostSubject: Re: tuning an AE86   tuning an AE86 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2014 1:52 pm

For me I just try to out run it and make up for my mistakes by not making them again if I'm not out running my ghost then I know I'm doing something wrong and I try again
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: tuning an AE86   tuning an AE86 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2014 2:05 pm

mitch_wolf wrote:
For me I just try to out run it and make up for my mistakes by not making them again if I'm not out running my ghost then I know I'm doing something wrong and I try again

GOOD.  That is how you learn to be faster.
1) Try to beat your time
2) Fail
3) Repeat

You can do this an indefinite amount of times and each time you WILL get better, even if only slightly.

And if you pass your ghost, try to understand WHY you passed it, same goes for if your ghost leaves you behind, always try to figure out WHY.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: tuning an AE86   tuning an AE86 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

tuning an AE86
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next