Touge Union
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport's Touge Community

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

fwd tuning tips

Go down 
+4
King914
kirk707
KraZe
bukkaz
8 posters
AuthorMessage
bukkaz
Fujiwara
bukkaz

fwd tuning tips Empty
PostSubject: fwd tuning tips   fwd tuning tips Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 7:45 pm

Ive been looking around the internet for tuning fwd cars on forza but all of them are based for the circuit and I looked at the tuning thread and it looks like ike its aimed at rwd cars, is there any tips anyone could give me for tuning my ek9
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

fwd tuning tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: fwd tuning tips   fwd tuning tips Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 8:21 pm

There's been lots of threads like this before I bet you can find one somewhere. All my FFs are tuned the same as my FRs except for the tire pressures and the diff (I invert the accel/decel settings, work fine).
Back to top Go down
bukkaz
Fujiwara
bukkaz

fwd tuning tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: fwd tuning tips   fwd tuning tips Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 8:44 pm

Cant find much on fwd tuning
Back to top Go down
kirk707
Tofu Delivery Driver

fwd tuning tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: fwd tuning tips   fwd tuning tips Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 8:54 pm

It's tuning to be able to dive into corners as fast as possible while keeping a good line. It's tricky tho, it's all about how you tune the weight distribution. The front end is the weakness of FWD cars, you need to tune the car so the front end won't hold you back; I.e. Making it turn in best as possible with least amount of braking
Back to top Go down
bukkaz
Fujiwara
bukkaz

fwd tuning tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: fwd tuning tips   fwd tuning tips Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 10:38 pm

Yeah im getting used to druving it its just getting a good tuning setup on it, just basic tips on how to tune the suspension and the damping ect, do I make the front end softer or what?
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

fwd tuning tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: fwd tuning tips   fwd tuning tips Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 10:39 pm

Slap on a sport suspension, save yourself the trouble imo.
Back to top Go down
kirk707
Tofu Delivery Driver

fwd tuning tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: fwd tuning tips   fwd tuning tips Icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 6:56 pm

Sport suspension can work but if you want to tune it:

Softer front end lets you turn in sooner but exits the corner with understeer, this is what I do because the understeer gives better grip to put down the power. The opposite however can also work perfectly fine. Damping can be even on front and rear but, of anything rear should be stiffer. Swings the back end around easier. Just as well, adjusting brake bias can also add another dimension to all this weight distribution tuning so fiddle with that too
Back to top Go down
King914
Touge Enthusiast
King914

fwd tuning tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: fwd tuning tips   fwd tuning tips Icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 9:08 pm

that's funny i feel like my front end is my strong point to the eg just bc it will go where ever you want with light brake application i was thinking the rear of the car is my weakpoint i would be able to turn in faster if i had slightly longer wheel base but i resort to my e brake which slows me down a bit i usually set my ff like i do my MR cars
Back to top Go down
kirk707
Tofu Delivery Driver

fwd tuning tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: fwd tuning tips   fwd tuning tips Icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 4:37 pm

The front end on any fwd car is its greatest ally and it's greatest enemy. With the way the game plays out, at least on fujimi, that "light" brake application isn't good. Other rwd cars dont need that and so the eg is at a disadvantage for faster times. The ek however, seems to ignore this issue more than the eg
Back to top Go down
bukkaz
Fujiwara
bukkaz

fwd tuning tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: fwd tuning tips   fwd tuning tips Icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 4:50 pm

Ive been tuning the ek9 and the dc2 and I managed a low 38 in the dc2 lastnight, the tune feels ok but its missing something but dont know what
Back to top Go down
StrawberryGL
Touge Veteran
StrawberryGL

fwd tuning tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: fwd tuning tips   fwd tuning tips Icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 6:18 pm

kirk707 wrote:
The front end on any fwd car is its greatest ally and it's greatest enemy. With the way the game plays out, at least on fujimi, that "light" brake application isn't good. Other rwd cars dont need that and so the eg is at a disadvantage for faster times. The ek however, seems to ignore this issue more than the eg

The EG6 is at a disadvantage for faster times, and the EK9 isn't? Why don't you drive the EK9 then?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TEHROFLKINFE?feature=mhee
Konasumi
Touge Veteran
Konasumi

fwd tuning tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: fwd tuning tips   fwd tuning tips Icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 6:21 pm

I believe I got a 32 or 33 with the EK9 before, and it's so much easier to drive than the EG6.
Back to top Go down
bukkaz
Fujiwara
bukkaz

fwd tuning tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: fwd tuning tips   fwd tuning tips Icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 6:45 pm

What the hell kona! How is that possible! Lol I need a good tune
Back to top Go down
Konasumi
Touge Veteran
Konasumi

fwd tuning tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: fwd tuning tips   fwd tuning tips Icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 6:52 pm

The EK9 is such a balanced machine. The best part is no oversteer, so I can just rip the handbrake and go full throttle though the corners.

I use the handbrake to create oversteer so I can have an equal balance of oversteer and understeer through the bends. It allows for much cleaner and tighter lines, while only sacrificing a little speed.

The EK9 and the Superlight are similar. The Superlight has been tuned to be prone to understeer, so I can tap the handbrake and create a little oversteer, thus keeping the car perfect through the corners. The EK9 does have a little less HP than my Superlight though, so that's a disadvantage.

The EK9 is the same way, just with more understeer, allowing for more oversteer to be created. It's all about balance. It's not about which wheels drive the car. It's about keeping those wheels at maximum grip.

That's how I did it.
Back to top Go down
bukkaz
Fujiwara
bukkaz

fwd tuning tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: fwd tuning tips   fwd tuning tips Icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 6:59 pm

Makes sense, im guna give it a go and probably fail lol
Back to top Go down
bukkaz
Fujiwara
bukkaz

fwd tuning tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: fwd tuning tips   fwd tuning tips Icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 7:31 pm

Yep I failed
Back to top Go down
Konasumi
Touge Veteran
Konasumi

fwd tuning tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: fwd tuning tips   fwd tuning tips Icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 8:39 pm

I would think 'failed' is a pretty harsh word for this type of situation.

Keep trying. Nobody is going to perfect a technique overnight. It took me a year to get that 30 in the roadster.
Back to top Go down
bukkaz
Fujiwara
bukkaz

fwd tuning tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: fwd tuning tips   fwd tuning tips Icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 9:24 pm

Fwd is so weird though, Ive tried different ways to corner it but it understeers everytime
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

fwd tuning tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: fwd tuning tips   fwd tuning tips Icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 9:39 pm

It only torque-steers if you jam on the throttle at every corner. Be more gentle, also use a bit of gas to accelerate INTO the corner. Your diff settings can change on/off throttle behavior drastically.
Back to top Go down
bukkaz
Fujiwara
bukkaz

fwd tuning tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: fwd tuning tips   fwd tuning tips Icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 10:09 pm

Thats what ive been doing, my diff settings are 50% accel and 10% decel
Back to top Go down
kirk707
Tofu Delivery Driver

fwd tuning tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: fwd tuning tips   fwd tuning tips Icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 1:30 pm

It's aactually this exact reason why I dont tune anything except gearing or aero, its frustrating. Just run the stock tune an fiddle with gearing, over time youll learn how the car wants to balance
Back to top Go down
hoguedudeyo
Wakaba
hoguedudeyo

fwd tuning tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: fwd tuning tips   fwd tuning tips Icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 3:57 am

toe out under 0.5 and like 1.6+ front camber? amidoinitrite?
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

fwd tuning tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: fwd tuning tips   fwd tuning tips Icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 5:02 am

hoguedudeyo wrote:
toe out under 0.5 and like 1.6+ front camber? amidoinitrite?

The toe out is pretty much a personal preference but the +positive camber is not. Try using -negative camber instead it should help.
Back to top Go down
lBrawnyemperoRl
Touge Elite

fwd tuning tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: fwd tuning tips   fwd tuning tips Icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 6:01 am

Yeah some more negative camber makes the car more agile and nimble. Too much will make it nervous tho. But in an ff youll need excessive camber for that to happen
Back to top Go down
hoguedudeyo
Wakaba
hoguedudeyo

fwd tuning tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: fwd tuning tips   fwd tuning tips Icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 3:44 pm

ah yes, sorry I did intend to reference negative camber. 1.6 or greater negative camber, or i guess less.... Oh integers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

fwd tuning tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: fwd tuning tips   fwd tuning tips Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

fwd tuning tips
Page 1 of 1