Touge Union
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport's Touge Community

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

AE86 downhill tuning help

Go down 
+4
KraZe
Edward40Hands
StrawberryGL
PANDAxxJAMAICAN
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
PANDAxxJAMAICAN
Wakaba

AE86 downhill tuning help Empty
PostSubject: AE86 downhill tuning help   AE86 downhill tuning help Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 1:55 am

Hey guys, I've been trying to tune my AE86 for the downhill. I've tried changing the tire pressure, roll bar stiffness, the ride height, the spring settings, and nothing is really coming together for me. I was wondering if anyone was willing to help me tune it. One thing i really wanted to try to eliminate is on Fujimi Kaido Stage D when I exit the first 2 hairpins on the slight curve that leads into the left hand turn, the 86 slides around everywhere down there. If anyone can help that would be great afro 
Back to top Go down
StrawberryGL
Touge Veteran
StrawberryGL

PostSubject: Re: AE86 downhill tuning help   AE86 downhill tuning help Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 2:24 am

Stop over-tuning it, choose sport suspension, you aren't being delicate enough with it. The more you drive the better you'll be.

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TEHROFLKINFE?feature=mhee
Edward40Hands
Kaido Aficionado
Edward40Hands

PostSubject: Re: AE86 downhill tuning help   AE86 downhill tuning help Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 3:11 am

Some more helpful advice: set your differential up to about 10 to 12 accel 30 to 35 decel. It should make the car easier to control.
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: AE86 downhill tuning help   AE86 downhill tuning help Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 3:19 am

I use:
Sport springs
15.50 - 17.50 front anti-rollbar / 3.00 rear anti-rollbar
6 accel / 28 decel
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4
Touge Enthusiast
SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: AE86 downhill tuning help   AE86 downhill tuning help Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 3:36 am

Hmmm i never heard of anyone running their accel lower than their decel. Ill have to try it. As for the sport set up i have tried it and for me it depends on the car. i generally can get more out of a car when i get the suspension very well tuned for each track, in this case the touge of course. No one kill me here but i have never done anything other than drift an 86 down ndh. but now im curious.
Back to top Go down
http://drakeinternationalracing.webs.com/
Clutch927
Touge Veteran
Clutch927

PostSubject: Re: AE86 downhill tuning help   AE86 downhill tuning help Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 10:05 am

Edward40Hands wrote:
Some more helpful advice: set your differential up to about 10 to 12 accel 30 to 35 decel. It should make the car easier to control.

Would the same settings work for a supra?
Back to top Go down
betadood
Touge Enthusiast
betadood

PostSubject: Re: AE86 downhill tuning help   AE86 downhill tuning help Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 10:21 am

Personally I don't run more decel than accel because the 86 has more lift of oversteer than other cars. I would try something like 15% accel and 10% decel for starters. For roll bars and springs I would just use sport as they work better than race parts in my opinion. At the end of the day though it is all about practice, you can't just set a fast time overnight just because you have a good tune. Especially not in a car like this.
Back to top Go down
http://forzastats.com/Player/Betadood
Edward40Hands
Kaido Aficionado
Edward40Hands

PostSubject: Re: AE86 downhill tuning help   AE86 downhill tuning help Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 12:41 pm

You do realize more decel helps with lift off oversteer?
Back to top Go down
Hybrid Comet
Touge Veteran
Hybrid Comet

PostSubject: Re: AE86 downhill tuning help   AE86 downhill tuning help Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 2:05 pm

^^ Right, he said it.
Back to top Go down
PANDAxxJAMAICAN
Wakaba

PostSubject: Re: AE86 downhill tuning help   AE86 downhill tuning help Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 2:20 pm

Alright I'll try your guys setups and see if they work.
Back to top Go down
betadood
Touge Enthusiast
betadood

PostSubject: Re: AE86 downhill tuning help   AE86 downhill tuning help Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 2:44 pm

Straight from forza: On front and rear differentials, decreasing the Decel setting can reduce lift-throttle oversteer in rear- and all-wheel-drive cars.
The key word being can, as tuning in forza is so different from person to person it's kind of hard to know what is best on paper. Just try out all the settings and go with what you like!
Back to top Go down
Edward40Hands
Kaido Aficionado
Edward40Hands

PostSubject: Re: AE86 downhill tuning help   AE86 downhill tuning help Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 3:30 pm

I am aware thats what forza says on the tuning page, but you know as well as I do its far from that cut and dry. It says decrease, but from what? Will 50% lock have less lift off problems than 90%? Hell yes. But with your logic you might as well run open decel, right? You need to have as much decel % as you can without hurting the handling, or else you wont get any traction from the LSD. 10% is really low.
Back to top Go down
betadood
Touge Enthusiast
betadood

PostSubject: Re: AE86 downhill tuning help   AE86 downhill tuning help Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 5:22 pm

betadood wrote:
Straight from forza: On front and rear differentials, decreasing the Decel setting can reduce lift-throttle oversteer in rear- and all-wheel-drive cars.
The key word being can, as tuning in forza is so different from person to person it's kind of hard to know what is best on paper. Just try out all the settings and go with what you like!
We all have our own ways of tuning, it's just preference at the end of the day.
Back to top Go down
StrawberryGL
Touge Veteran
StrawberryGL

PostSubject: Re: AE86 downhill tuning help   AE86 downhill tuning help Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 6:01 pm

Edward40Hands wrote:

I'm tired of repeating myself, we have an 86 thread every week, that's all. If he wants he can search around and find a lot of stuff we've already said. The 86 is probably the most well documented and discussed car on the site.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Edward40Hands
Kaido Aficionado
Edward40Hands

PostSubject: Re: AE86 downhill tuning help   AE86 downhill tuning help Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 6:12 pm

Uh by more helpful advice, I ment "additional" rather than "better". So lets not get upset because I said it. You really need to stop being such a petty individual.

Back to top Go down
PANDAxxJAMAICAN
Wakaba

PostSubject: Re: AE86 downhill tuning help   AE86 downhill tuning help Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 6:12 pm

StrawberryGL wrote:
Edward40Hands wrote:

I'm tired of repeating myself, we have an 86 thread every week, that's all. If he wants he can search around and find a lot of stuff we've already said. The 86 is probably the most well documented and discussed car on the site.

Spoiler:
No need to be hostile man it's just a question.
Back to top Go down
PANDAxxJAMAICAN
Wakaba

PostSubject: Re: AE86 downhill tuning help   AE86 downhill tuning help Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 6:17 pm

Anyways, I've tried the suggestions. The 15% accel and 10% decel didn't really work with me, so I went with Edward40Hands's suggestion about the 10 to 12 accel 30 to 35 decel and that's working for me, KraZe's suggestion for sport springs, and the rollbar stiffness is working as well, i just need to work on figuring out how to keep it stable rather than it sliding after I exit the first couple of hairpins on Stage D
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: AE86 downhill tuning help   AE86 downhill tuning help Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 6:22 pm

There's only so much that tuning can do, once the limit is met, good 'ol fashion throttle control is the key.
Back to top Go down
StrawberryGL
Touge Veteran
StrawberryGL

PostSubject: Re: AE86 downhill tuning help   AE86 downhill tuning help Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 7:14 pm

Edward40Hands wrote:
Uh by more helpful advice, I ment "additional" rather than "better". So lets not get upset because I said it. You really need to stop being such a petty individual.

Oh, I think i'm fine the way I am mister master tuner, thanks anyway.
Back to top Go down
Edward40Hands
Kaido Aficionado
Edward40Hands

PostSubject: Re: AE86 downhill tuning help   AE86 downhill tuning help Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 7:52 pm

KraZe wrote:
There's only so much that tuning can do, once the limit is met, good 'ol fashion throttle control is the key.

Kraze is right on, unless you want to get in over your head with a race suspension.

If you can adjust your alignment settings, try this to start...

-1.4 f
-1.0 r for camber

Zero toe f & r

Caster around 4.7

IMO this should be good enough to start out
Back to top Go down
PANDAxxJAMAICAN
Wakaba

PostSubject: Re: AE86 downhill tuning help   AE86 downhill tuning help Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 10:08 pm

Edward40Hands wrote:
KraZe wrote:

Kraze is right on, unless you want to get in over your head with a race suspension.

If you can adjust your alignment settings, try this to start...

-1.4 f
-1.0 r for camber

Zero toe f & r

Caster around 4.7

IMO this should be good enough to start out
Alright man thanks for the help afro 
Back to top Go down
Edward40Hands
Kaido Aficionado
Edward40Hands

PostSubject: Re: AE86 downhill tuning help   AE86 downhill tuning help Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 10:26 pm

No prob
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4
Touge Enthusiast
SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: AE86 downhill tuning help   AE86 downhill tuning help Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 1:46 am

I dont want to get my head chopped off for throwing my 2 cents into this. To be honest you guys are the only ones that say that any suspension other than race is the fastest. Which is very interesting. Most of what you guys discuss on here flip everything i have ever learned from myself and other tuners. In forza there are tons of ways to tune a car but i find it hard to believe that a stock or sport suspension works better than a suspension tuned by someone that knows what they are doing (not saying you dont, but you get what im saying?). I just feel like you could get the same feel if thats what you like but with more tire contact with a race suspension. But what do i know, im not as experienced on kaido as i am on every other track on the game.
Back to top Go down
Edward40Hands
Kaido Aficionado
Edward40Hands

PostSubject: Re: AE86 downhill tuning help   AE86 downhill tuning help Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 2:51 am

I agree fully and only use race suspension myself...but you cant argue with results, like speedhunters 433 fd in b class...or krazes stock(?) Suspension hillclimb evo 6 running 435
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4
Touge Enthusiast
SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: AE86 downhill tuning help   AE86 downhill tuning help Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 3:00 am

No disrespect to them but is it possible they would be faster with a very well tuned racing suspension? or does the PI saved and added elsewhere make up for the lack of a race suspension?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AE86 downhill tuning help   AE86 downhill tuning help Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

AE86 downhill tuning help
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next