Touge Union
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport's Touge Community

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Forza 5 - Bathurst!

Go down 
+17
Mulchy
Koolaid
Ace Doriftar
Mark Rafa P
bukkaz
Ialyrn
Obelisk
lBrawnyemperoRl
jusputitonmytab
WagoDan
King914
SaintedPlacebo4
StrawberryGL
CRA Erebus
KraZe
betadood
MiNd
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
MiNd
Founder
MiNd

Forza 5 - Bathurst! Empty
PostSubject: Forza 5 - Bathurst!   Forza 5 - Bathurst! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 12:44 am

http://forzamotorsport.net/en-US/news/Bathurst_Announcement

What is bathurst?

This....

Back to top Go down
betadood
Touge Enthusiast
betadood

PostSubject: Re: Forza 5 - Bathurst!   Forza 5 - Bathurst! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 12:55 am

Looks great, hopefully fujimi kaido is revealed soon as well.
Back to top Go down
http://forzastats.com/Player/Betadood
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Forza 5 - Bathurst!   Forza 5 - Bathurst! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 1:34 am

Forza 5 - Bathurst! Tumblr_mjy299fLGG1qii6tmo1_400
Back to top Go down
CRA Erebus
Wakaba
CRA Erebus

PostSubject: Re: Forza 5 - Bathurst!   Forza 5 - Bathurst! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 2:53 am

i'll triple that
so excited for it, FINALLY have a home race for series at TORA (etc)
can race just about anything there, not just the V8s or 12 hours cars
Back to top Go down
http://craracing.freeforums.org/?sid=3560db6d43a8335512e287cbc94
StrawberryGL
Touge Veteran
StrawberryGL

PostSubject: Re: Forza 5 - Bathurst!   Forza 5 - Bathurst! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 5:30 am

Forza 5 - Bathurst! UcPqbjQ
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TEHROFLKINFE?feature=mhee
SaintedPlacebo4
Touge Enthusiast
SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Forza 5 - Bathurst!   Forza 5 - Bathurst! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 6:12 am

that last lap is what racing stands for... Very Happy

Im also excited for bathhurst. In my area i was at a gamestop yesterday and they pointed out that they wont have any xboxs for sale until february at least because all of them hav ebeen pre ordered and reserved. thats crazy haha. I never get stuff on release, too many bugs, and too much craziness. So it looks like im waiting an extra 4 months to enjoy this cute track.
Back to top Go down
http://drakeinternationalracing.webs.com/
King914
Touge Enthusiast
King914

PostSubject: Re: Forza 5 - Bathurst!   Forza 5 - Bathurst! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 10:54 am

OMFG cant wait!!!!
Back to top Go down
WagoDan
Wakaba

PostSubject: Re: Forza 5 - Bathurst!   Forza 5 - Bathurst! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 11:02 am

Sweet! All I can think of is that video of darrel waltrip riding along for a lap
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Forza 5 - Bathurst!   Forza 5 - Bathurst! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 11:35 am

WagoDan wrote:
Sweet! All I can think of is that video of darrel waltrip riding along for a lap
LOL that video was gold
Back to top Go down
jusputitonmytab
Mountain Pass Master
jusputitonmytab

PostSubject: Re: Forza 5 - Bathurst!   Forza 5 - Bathurst! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 11:38 am

Going to be so awesome! I've already got my Xbox one and forza 5 paid for so ill be on it day one! Can't wait.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/JUSPUTITONMYTAB
SaintedPlacebo4
Touge Enthusiast
SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Forza 5 - Bathurst!   Forza 5 - Bathurst! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 2:07 pm

My favorite quote "oh god we left the ground 'ahgee-an'" Its very true what he said in the interview though, NASCAR drivers beat up on the road course guys on the oval til they go to Glen or Senoma and then they get a whooping like they aint ever seen.
Back to top Go down
http://drakeinternationalracing.webs.com/
lBrawnyemperoRl
Touge Elite

PostSubject: Re: Forza 5 - Bathurst!   Forza 5 - Bathurst! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 2:34 pm

man those were some great news seeing this track in forza. its quite awesome Smile

now wasnt there a special edition of the FD named after this track? would be sweet to have that in FM5 too to match the package
Back to top Go down
CRA Erebus
Wakaba
CRA Erebus

PostSubject: Re: Forza 5 - Bathurst!   Forza 5 - Bathurst! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 11:07 pm

SaintedPlacebo4 wrote:
My favorite quote "oh god we left the ground 'ahgee-an'" Its very true what he said in the interview though, NASCAR drivers beat up on the road course guys on the oval til they go to Glen or Senoma and then they get a whooping like they aint ever seen.
i'll second that, after being round it numerous times, even at 60-100km/h it's pretty full on! it's so much thinner than it looks and even steeper than it looks. will be curious to see how well that is mirrored in game, but being laser scanned it should be ok
Back to top Go down
http://craracing.freeforums.org/?sid=3560db6d43a8335512e287cbc94
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Forza 5 - Bathurst!   Forza 5 - Bathurst! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 2:23 pm

Track looks cool. I wanna see an expansion on the point to point mode especially with more mountain passes, or more courses added to Fujimi Kaido.
Back to top Go down
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Forza 5 - Bathurst!   Forza 5 - Bathurst! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 12:45 pm

Just wanted to say, the Toyota AE-86 is confirmed by T10 for FM5 (check their news section on the official site). Now I just want to know that Fujimi is still in there.

Back to top Go down
bukkaz
Fujiwara
bukkaz

PostSubject: Re: Forza 5 - Bathurst!   Forza 5 - Bathurst! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 1:02 pm

Im glad the ae86 is still in Smile I want the 86 coupe in it though
Back to top Go down
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Forza 5 - Bathurst!   Forza 5 - Bathurst! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 1:03 pm

Would be a nice addition to the game, but atleast we still have the Tofu Shop 86 Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
lBrawnyemperoRl
Touge Elite

PostSubject: Re: Forza 5 - Bathurst!   Forza 5 - Bathurst! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 1:19 pm

i wonder if its still on the same 3d-model from forza 2 xD
Back to top Go down
bukkaz
Fujiwara
bukkaz

PostSubject: Re: Forza 5 - Bathurst!   Forza 5 - Bathurst! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 1:20 pm

Thats true Smile lol we should race our 86's again sometime Wink
Back to top Go down
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Forza 5 - Bathurst!   Forza 5 - Bathurst! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 1:21 pm

From what I understand, any model that T10 felt wasn't "AAA" they either cut it fully from the game or remodeled it to the new standard.
Back to top Go down
lBrawnyemperoRl
Touge Elite

PostSubject: Re: Forza 5 - Bathurst!   Forza 5 - Bathurst! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 1:23 pm

i tried to touge on forza again today and its like im back at square 1 back when i started running fujimi seriously xD im so slow and insecure by now its hideous

@lalyrn that would be so sweet having nice fresh modelled jdm cars so they now dont look awkward yet close to the original
Back to top Go down
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Forza 5 - Bathurst!   Forza 5 - Bathurst! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 5:09 pm

Im really looking forward to FM5, it looks epic at the moment. I also cant wait to race around Bathurst, the new Silverstone, and the now laser scanned Laguna.

Tell you what though, some of the people on the forza forums need a good hard smack upside their heads. Every thread you look at in the FM5 section, is filled with complaints and threats of boycotts.

The confirmed car thread, its all "These cars where in older forza's, show us new cars or im not buying FM5"

or

"I spent £1000 for a steering wheel rig for my 360, Microsoft are knobs for not letting them work on the X1 so im going to PS4/PC"

Don't get me wrong, I can understand why people are a bit sore over that one. Seriously though, it was a wheel bought for a now 8 year old console; made with 100% out of date technology when it was new!
Most of the changes MS have made, have been with good reason. Better wireless connectivity for wireless controllers, better audio clarity through the headsets, better force feedback programming on whatever interface they have decided to use. It just seems most people would much rather have no innovation and changes at all, and to stick with technology from the dark ages. We might as well just been given an Atari 2600 with a copy of "Night Driver".
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Forza 5 - Bathurst!   Forza 5 - Bathurst! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 7:08 pm

Ialyrn wrote:
"I spent £1000 for a steering wheel rig for my 360, Microsoft are knobs for not letting them work on the X1 so im going to PS4/PC"
That's the boat I am on right now.  Even if I bought an XB1 for FM5, my Fanatec CSR would be incompatible and I would have no way of enjoying Forza (I've used wheels since FM3 came out and I just can't enjoy driving with a controller, let alone being fast with one). Sad
Back to top Go down
betadood
Touge Enthusiast
betadood

PostSubject: Re: Forza 5 - Bathurst!   Forza 5 - Bathurst! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 7:32 pm

I can understand why both of those reasons would prevent someone from buying forza 5. If my favorite car was not in any of the forza series yet then I would be really excited to see if it gets put in. But since they aren't showing off too many new cars then we don't really get a chance to see if our favorites are in or not. I have no doubt that most of the cars in forza 4 will be returning, but to people looking for new content in forza 5 then there just isn't enough yet. Some of the forza 4 cars might get cut like they did in horizon as well. And then there is the price for the whole package, 500$ for the xbox one, 50$ for xbox live 1 year card, 60$ for forza 5, and a optional 500$-600$ for a good set of wheels, pedals, and shifter. That totals out to around 610$ just to get forza 5, and an additional 500$ for the wheel would be 1100$ just to get what you want out of forza 5. And at those prices you could buy a really nice pc with a wheel and still have saved more money. To sum it all up...

Forza 5

Pros
+Open wheel cars
+New tracks
+New cars
+New physic
+Cloud AI (because we all play single player sooo much.)

Cons
-No night racing
-No weather racing
-No auction house (never really cared for it, but why would you take content out?)
-Some cars are not confirmed
-Some track are not confirmed
-Price (610$ just to get forza 5, and around 1100$ to get a wheel with it.)

It's not that we don't want to play forza 5, but for some of us it either lacks content or is just to expensive. And that's not even getting into the xbox one and PS4 argument but I will just leave it at that.
Back to top Go down
http://forzastats.com/Player/Betadood
Mark Rafa P
Wakaba

PostSubject: Re: Forza 5 - Bathurst!   Forza 5 - Bathurst! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 1:40 am

@Betadood: Prices are pretty hefty but I would say wait on the wheel until fanatec comes up with a wheel for the new-gen console or for the prices to go down. All i've seen released for Xbox One is a crappy Madcatz wheel not even advertised with pedals for around $547 just for the wheel. Hopefully Thrustmaster or Fanatec make something soon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forza 5 - Bathurst!   Forza 5 - Bathurst! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Forza 5 - Bathurst!
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next