Touge Union
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport's Touge Community

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Touge Tune Database

Go down 
+25
GoverningNick
that slime kb
AFR1CAN SL1D3R
Mulchy
SladeZer0
V19Triumph68V
Avanti
vicnitro
ducky9r
Yaksack69
sR Je Six
CheekyChips
Steinkrunk
SaintedPlacebo4
LEVINx86
Wilson
Konasumi
bukkaz
KraZe
Calsonic
MiNd
StrawberryGL
Rotary
Ryosuke Takahashi
Smooth92
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
StrawberryGL
Touge Veteran
StrawberryGL

Touge Tune Database - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Touge Tune Database   Touge Tune Database - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 11:04 pm

If you don't mind my saying, I think you're a little to fixated on tuning the problems from your car. I see a lot of questions similar to yours asked about the AE86, so i'll try my best to explain what I know about driving it in as much detail is possible. I hope that this helps all the 86 fans understand the car a little better.

Cornering in the 86 is different from other cars. It will never truly corner well. It's aging and cheap design make sure of that. It's strength lies in it's abnormal acceleration, so the best theory to apply in this situation is to get around a corner as smoothly as possible so you can get on the gas quicker. The only problem is that the car's cornering is anything but smooth, it needs you, the driver, to guide it around corners to it can fly. You can think of it as balancing on a thin rope. It's hard at first, and you fall almost every time. If you keep at it for a week, you stop falling so much, but you have to walk slowly, and after a month you can make it all the way across, and at a faster pace. You have to balance it and guide it through the corner without oversteering or over-correcting. Some drivers like Wilson pick this up quickly and naturally because they're experienced and skilled, but it's normally a slow process if you're used to cars that you can thrash around corners. You need to learn how to "balance" the car through corners and have delicate throttle control to maximize speed.

If you need a motivational story, I can give you a little history on everybody's favorite AE86 fanatic. Once upon a time, I was much faster than him. We were both on 99GT, but he was so slow it was pathetic. He was probably slower than you are right now in the 86. He wasn't even considered a racer, he was just on the team because he was my brother. He drove the 86 day after day, regardless of how slow he was. This went on for months, we all improved while he plucked along in the 86, at least 3 seconds behind everyone. He drove it like he was possessed, he wouldn't even consider picking another car. He learned more about driving, and slowly tuned his car, bit by bit. Out of nowhere he started to improve, he quickly caught up to the team and promptly passed first me, and then 90% of GTxS. Even then there were still people who could beat him in the 86, but he just kept driving it...and the rest is history. I truly believe that he can push the 86 the farthest at this point, because I've yet to meet anyone with such fanatical devotion to a car, Even though Wilson currently holds the title of fastest AE86.

So keep at it! Even if you aren't the fastest, or if you have a bad tune, learn your car, you've got the drive.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TEHROFLKINFE?feature=mhee
bukkaz
Fujiwara
bukkaz

PostSubject: Re: Touge Tune Database   Touge Tune Database - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 2:17 am

Thanks for the inspirational message man im guna stop posting asking how to tune it and accept that its me the driver that needs work. Not the car so im going online now to get some well needed practice Smile
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Touge Tune Database   Touge Tune Database - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 4:31 am

To Strawberry...
Touge Tune Database - Page 5 Well_done_sir
Back to top Go down
bukkaz
Fujiwara
bukkaz

PostSubject: Re: Touge Tune Database   Touge Tune Database - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 5:07 am

Agreed kraze. Just ran with betadod in our 86's and I got owned Laughing
Back to top Go down
Wilson
Founder
Wilson

PostSubject: Re: Touge Tune Database   Touge Tune Database - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 6:25 am

StrawberryGL wrote:
Some drivers like Wilson pick this up quickly and naturally because they're experienced and skilled.
Tank you for the compliment but i dont want ppl thinking im some unbeatable tukumi or something this was very hard for me also

I did a few things to make it a little easier on my self while learning the car

I made it feel like my other cars so that i could feel its strength and weaknesses easier which at the time meant putting Stock springs and no anti roll bars.

I found cars that where much harder to drive and drove them before running a time in it.(eg 1000 HP Silvia this helps with the human traction control as i have come to call it).

When i started trying to tune it properly naturally i put race springs and anti roll bars in it straight away,this fucked me up big time i got all the problems that every one complains about. (drifting drifting wheel spin over rotation and some more drifting).

Every now and then i would come back to the car and try a different tune and build until i finally got it to a point where i was happy with it even tho every person that saw me drive it thought i was about to fall over.

All tho i have set the fastest recorded time in the car (Alphadood) this does not mean i am the fastest betadood is still faster then me right up until the 3rd last turn.

Since there has been so much talk about tuning on this car im thinking about releasing my tune so evey one can try it.
Back to top Go down
StrawberryGL
Touge Veteran
StrawberryGL

PostSubject: Re: Touge Tune Database   Touge Tune Database - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 7:03 am

I wasn't trying to undermine you or make you look unbeatable. I'm sure you didn't just snap your fingers and get good in the 86, but from my point of view you mastered it ridiculously quickly, that's all I was trying to say. The more skill and experience you have, the less of a problem the 86 is learn.

I said you were the fastest 86 because you do have a faster recorded time than him. It would be arrogant of me to write off anyone that beats him just because he's my brother, so I thought i'd give credit where it's due. It is nice of you to say otherwise though, you two are so close it's scary anyway.

I'm interested to see if anyone can handle your 86 anyway, it feels so strange to me.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TEHROFLKINFE?feature=mhee
bukkaz
Fujiwara
bukkaz

PostSubject: Re: Touge Tune Database   Touge Tune Database - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 7:14 am

You have another 86 tune besides the one in your storefront wilson?
Back to top Go down
Wilson
Founder
Wilson

PostSubject: Re: Touge Tune Database   Touge Tune Database - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 7:19 am

The one on my store front was from a while ago i know i made a few small changes when i shipped the tune and build to the other acc so i will have to go on there and get the info and write it down
Back to top Go down
bukkaz
Fujiwara
bukkaz

PostSubject: Re: Touge Tune Database   Touge Tune Database - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 7:57 am

Well not if you do bring out the other tune for sale then I look forward to running driving it
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4
Touge Enthusiast
SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Touge Tune Database   Touge Tune Database - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 8:43 am

Just to point out something, the whole "use its strengths thing. Think of it this way. when me and you to random runs in pub lobbies together you ever notice that if i get out front after the long straight i can get a tiny gap through the tight sections even tho your best (posted) time is 44(?) and my best (dirty) is a 46. And that during our battle you literally won the battle on that straight? You accelerated clean, and with that ungodly pull it blew past me without worrying about passing in a corner.

Im not sure about the in game stats on the 86, but the MA61 has 4.2(or was it 4.7?) speed and 6.2 handling. The turn in on the tune i have on it now (completely different than the one submitted for the tune battle thing xD) grips in the front ridiculously, but the rear almost wants to step out. Its quite a difference in cars.
Back to top Go down
http://drakeinternationalracing.webs.com/
bukkaz
Fujiwara
bukkaz

PostSubject: Re: Touge Tune Database   Touge Tune Database - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 9:28 am

Yeah the 86's main strength is its acceleration the stats are acceleration: 7.4 speed: 4.6 168hp and 1, 869lbs weight. Thats how I blew past you on the straight but just upgraded the engine to 175hp now Smile yeah the back wants to step out alot its so hard to keep it stable
Back to top Go down
MiNd
Founder
MiNd

PostSubject: Re: Touge Tune Database   Touge Tune Database - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 9:42 am

Advice for using wilsons tunes, it will take some time to get used to, his tunes are usually unorthodox and quite different from the standard touge tune, likewise they are something you will have to drive a bit to get used to.

Also another tip, some people always say "I only drive my own tunes", well....I wouldn't say thats the best way to approach it. Using a variety of different cars and different tunes is a great help. When I say different tunes, I mean from different tuners because everyone tunes are different.

I think I have become pretty adaptable in this way, using tunes from Wilson, Felon, KraZe, Levin, and my own, each one of them have a very different way of tuning.
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4
Touge Enthusiast
SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Touge Tune Database   Touge Tune Database - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 9:47 am

84' Celica Supra

4.8, 6.2, 6.7, 6.6, 6.5

219HP
223Ft-Lbs
2,530Lbs
52%
2.8L

You got 661lbs less that me o.o and only 44hp less than me.
Back to top Go down
bukkaz
Fujiwara
bukkaz

PostSubject: Re: Touge Tune Database   Touge Tune Database - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 9:55 am

Thats where ita strength lies
Back to top Go down
bukkaz
Fujiwara
bukkaz

PostSubject: Re: Touge Tune Database   Touge Tune Database - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 9:57 am

I agree with you mind. They feel very different but can go just as fast. Everyone has different driving styles
Back to top Go down
bukkaz
Fujiwara
bukkaz

PostSubject: Re: Touge Tune Database   Touge Tune Database - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 12:21 pm

Well I took some of what wilson said about the race springs making the 86 slide about so I took my race springs off, race sway bars and full roll cage off and replaced them with sports parts and it feels alot better to drive Smile
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Touge Tune Database   Touge Tune Database - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 12:34 pm

^well shit. My life is becoming a lie. The stock...er the suspension, the better?
Back to top Go down
bukkaz
Fujiwara
bukkaz

PostSubject: Re: Touge Tune Database   Touge Tune Database - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 12:42 pm

Lol apparently so kraze I was a bit shocked. Not running as good times as I was with race suspention but only a second or 2 out but just gotta get used to the change. lol its a bit bouncy Laughing
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4
Touge Enthusiast
SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Touge Tune Database   Touge Tune Database - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 6:27 pm

Its most likely the stock tune is better than yours. (how sad is that lmao no offense) I think its slidy because of the allowed roll and the rebound. play with that and you can tune it out. sounds like you need either stiffer sways or less stiff rear springs
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Touge Tune Database   Touge Tune Database - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 6:33 pm

Cloud X Yagami requested this tune from me so I might as well share it with the rest of you guys Wink I don't tune cars that I don't see much potential in (low 4:38s or below) but this was an exception.

Spoiler:

The car hit a 4:39.029 on the New Downhill during testing.
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Touge Tune Database   Touge Tune Database - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 9:12 pm

Put [ spoiler ] at the start of whatever you want to hide and [ /spoiler ] at the end (remove the spaces between the brackets though).
Back to top Go down
Steinkrunk
Tofu Delivery Driver

PostSubject: Re: Touge Tune Database   Touge Tune Database - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 10:00 pm

Here's my s13 Silvia tune:

Spoiler:

It's got me a 4'49" dirty lap(just bumped a guard rail). So I think in competent hands it could do much better. Let me know if you guys think there should be any changes. As of right now the front tires heat up quick and stay around 200-210 degrees, but the rears only seem to get up to 180 max. I think I could stand to step down a size or two on the tires and use the PI elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
bukkaz
Fujiwara
bukkaz

PostSubject: Re: Touge Tune Database   Touge Tune Database - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 7:57 am

I will tune an S13 and use this tune on it and see what time I get and let you know Smile
Back to top Go down
bukkaz
Fujiwara
bukkaz

PostSubject: Re: Touge Tune Database   Touge Tune Database - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 8:30 am

Just got a 4:47 clean on my first run. Its easy to druve and grippy. There are some stuff u might want wanna do to it to run it a bit faster. Let me know if u want any help in tuning it and I will help u out Smile im not the best at tuning but will help u out with what I know
Back to top Go down
bukkaz
Fujiwara
bukkaz

PostSubject: [b]86 tune[/b]   Touge Tune Database - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 3:37 am

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Touge Tune Database   Touge Tune Database - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Touge Tune Database
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next