Touge Union
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport's Touge Community

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Making the clean pass!!!

Go down 
+9
jusputitonmytab
Koolaid
Konasumi
MiNd
lBrawnyemperoRl
Clutch927
KraZe
bukkaz
swanmeat
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
swanmeat
Wakaba

Making the clean pass!!! Empty
PostSubject: Making the clean pass!!!   Making the clean pass!!! Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 12:01 pm

I have been running into this more and more as my times have dropped. Why does it seem that people just cant make a clean pass on the mountain. I personally try to wait for a big mistake or out braking the other car. In true life club racing the car in front has the right of way in the corner you have to watch his line.
Back to top Go down
bukkaz
Fujiwara
bukkaz

PostSubject: Re: Making the clean pass!!!   Making the clean pass!!! Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 12:17 pm

Most of us here do pass as clean as possible and if we do make contact then its a mistake. I always waut for the opponent to either make a mistake or leave a gap enough for me to fit. Thats when I make my move
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Making the clean pass!!!   Making the clean pass!!! Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 12:29 pm

The mountain is two lanes wide for the most part and it's not like people can wait for a second lap to pass. It's do or die and people get desperate sometimes. I don't drive dirty but I'm certainly not afraid of some contact, it's part of racing, adds to the mental pressure.
Back to top Go down
Clutch927
Touge Veteran
Clutch927

PostSubject: Re: Making the clean pass!!!   Making the clean pass!!! Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 12:31 pm

If I don't pass Cleanly I let them have their spot back cause if its not clean it's not a pass, add me on Xbox and we can run some clean pass lines I'll show you a bit of my technique and you can take what you can from it!!!

Gamer tag is Clutch927

Don't get me wrong I love a bit of contact cause it lets me know your still back there it's just of those things drivers have to comfortable with a little contact
Back to top Go down
swanmeat
Wakaba

PostSubject: Re: Making the clean pass!!!   Making the clean pass!!! Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 12:50 pm

I can deal with contact. It is going for passes in places where you know both cars are not going to make it through. Plus nothing looks better on the mountain in a replay than a clean planned pass.

I just try to bait people into over driving a corner by staying on their tail nice and close.
Back to top Go down
lBrawnyemperoRl
Touge Elite

PostSubject: Re: Making the clean pass!!!   Making the clean pass!!! Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 12:56 pm

I usually dont pass until i can go by clean. Somtimes the driver up front acts unexpected leaving you no room to avoid so a crash is inevitable

I dont even make contact on purpose not even a little

Exception are opponents that really bump my car intentionally i clean them up on every chance i get with no bad conscience whatsoever

@swan i get what you mean there. I hate it when people try to squeeze through in places where its simply not possible without makin the opponent crash or even spin
Back to top Go down
MiNd
Founder
MiNd

PostSubject: Re: Making the clean pass!!!   Making the clean pass!!! Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 1:07 pm

Some contact is unavoidable but I do understand what you mean.

Like swam you said you follow closely on the lead car, I can remember soooo many times where I was following closely where the lead car brakes early which causes me to bump them

Or on the flip side of someone diving in, Getting on the inside of somebody cleanly, then they close in on you and pinch between the walls

So overall a learned skill that is very important is car awareness!
Back to top Go down
swanmeat
Wakaba

PostSubject: Re: Making the clean pass!!!   Making the clean pass!!! Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 1:16 pm

Agreed^^^
Back to top Go down
lBrawnyemperoRl
Touge Elite

PostSubject: Re: Making the clean pass!!!   Making the clean pass!!! Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 1:18 pm

Yeah you need to be able to know where a car is around you without seeing it

What ive learned a car within 20ft range is in the "blind spot"
Back to top Go down
swanmeat
Wakaba

PostSubject: Re: Making the clean pass!!!   Making the clean pass!!! Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 1:25 pm

Some cars are hard to miss lol. A trueno is hard to not hear. Just by the sound you know most cars are there in B and A class
Back to top Go down
lBrawnyemperoRl
Touge Elite

PostSubject: Re: Making the clean pass!!!   Making the clean pass!!! Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 1:32 pm

Yeah. So much for the theory Smile only few people in public p2p actually do
Back to top Go down
swanmeat
Wakaba

PostSubject: Re: Making the clean pass!!!   Making the clean pass!!! Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 1:39 pm

I will admit that my 914/6 is hard to hear at times since it has only sport exhaust on it vs. most people using race. When i watch replays i cant even hear the car over all the other screamers haha.
Back to top Go down
Konasumi
Touge Veteran
Konasumi

PostSubject: Re: Making the clean pass!!!   Making the clean pass!!! Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 1:40 pm

swanmeat wrote:
I will admit that my 914/6 is hard to hear at times since it has only sport exhaust on it vs. most people using race. When i watch replays i cant even hear the car over all the other screamers haha.

I agree with that. It's so quiet even at full revs.
Back to top Go down
lBrawnyemperoRl
Touge Elite

PostSubject: Re: Making the clean pass!!!   Making the clean pass!!! Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 1:40 pm

Or if you use hood or cockpit view 90% of what you hear is your own engine
Back to top Go down
Koolaid
Touge Veteran
Koolaid

PostSubject: Re: Making the clean pass!!!   Making the clean pass!!! Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 2:07 pm

Half the reason why people cant do a clean pass is based on their level of skill.
They may see the open space for a line but they dont have the ability to execute.
At that point, the chaser will most likely overspeed in to the corner and understeer into the opposing car.
A lot of the noobs dont even yield to the car thats ahead, they just drive like theyre the only ones on the mountain, cough* cough* bandoracer9* cough* cough* and that their line is the "best and the fastest" LOL

Most noobs only care about what they see right in front of them are unaware of the corners lying ahead, thus instinctively going for the line and putting both cars in a difficult situation.
Thats why we label some sections no passing zones

The ability to manipulate your line(braking/throttle/weight shift/etc) from any given point on the track is what separates the pros and amateurs.

Last edited by Koolaid on Wed May 15, 2013 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lBrawnyemperoRl
Touge Elite

PostSubject: Re: Making the clean pass!!!   Making the clean pass!!! Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 2:09 pm

True. Im doibg touge for a while now and still work on improving that in my technique

Also noobs usualy dont put unexpected behavior by the opponent into their calculation
Back to top Go down
Clutch927
Touge Veteran
Clutch927

PostSubject: Re: Making the clean pass!!!   Making the clean pass!!! Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 2:12 pm

Koolaid you just called me a pro without even knowing, I love tougeunion
Back to top Go down
bukkaz
Fujiwara
bukkaz

PostSubject: Re: Making the clean pass!!!   Making the clean pass!!! Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 2:34 pm

How did he call you a pro?
Back to top Go down
Clutch927
Touge Veteran
Clutch927

PostSubject: Re: Making the clean pass!!!   Making the clean pass!!! Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 2:44 pm

Almost if not every single pass I make it clean and thought out
Back to top Go down
bukkaz
Fujiwara
bukkaz

PostSubject: Re: Making the clean pass!!!   Making the clean pass!!! Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 2:50 pm

Oh ok
Back to top Go down
jusputitonmytab
Mountain Pass Master
jusputitonmytab

PostSubject: Re: Making the clean pass!!!   Making the clean pass!!! Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 6:59 pm

A clean pass is probably one of the most satisfying things about the touge. Like Clutch927, if I try passing someone and throw them off their line with contact, then I will pull off to the side and let them regain their position.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/JUSPUTITONMYTAB
Avanti
Kaido Aficionado
Avanti

PostSubject: Re: Making the clean pass!!!   Making the clean pass!!! Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 8:47 pm

It's all about being courteous and patient. Just wait for the right moment to pass. And if you can't, don't force your self. You'll get them next time.
Back to top Go down
Koolaid
Touge Veteran
Koolaid

PostSubject: Re: Making the clean pass!!!   Making the clean pass!!! Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 9:12 pm

^^^ Whatever you rage quitter! | (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Making the clean pass!!!   Making the clean pass!!! Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 10:05 pm

Koolaid wrote:
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
hey yo man calm down... ┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ)
Back to top Go down
that slime kb
Touge Veteran
that slime kb

PostSubject: Re: Making the clean pass!!!   Making the clean pass!!! Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 10:45 am

^ well said sir
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Making the clean pass!!!   Making the clean pass!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Making the clean pass!!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next