Touge Union
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport's Touge Community

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels

Go down 
+11
Peacock
bigfoot
lBrawnyemperoRl
Hybrid Comet
Soldier2DEnd
jusputitonmytab
SaintedPlacebo4
Rotary
MiNd
Ryosuke Takahashi
KraZe
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels   Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 26, 2013 6:21 pm

I started off with a MadCatz and then upgraded to a wireless MS wheel with force feedback.
Back to top Go down
bigfoot
Touge Enthusiast
bigfoot

Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels   Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2014 5:42 pm

Anyone have opinions on Xbox one wheels?
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels   Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2014 8:45 pm

I'm not even aware of which wheels work on the XB1 lol
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels   Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2014 8:47 pm

Kraze, don't chew me out for this, but are the gaming wheels accurate in comparison to real steering wheels (in terms of degrees it can turn)?
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels   Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2014 9:04 pm

Really depends on which wheel you buy and how much they cost:
-$100-$250 wheels are usually cheap entry level wheels that have no force feedback, standard flappy paddle shifters, and unrealistic degrees of rotation (usually 270 degrees whereas a real car has more than 900 degrees).
-$250-$500 wheels are good wheels that have decent to great force feedback and the more expensive they are the more features they will have including a sequential or 6-speed shifter and 900 degrees of rotation (fairly realistic and I feel this level is enough for sim racing, anything higher than that is a bit excessive unless you're loaded with money).
-$500+ wheels are basically the best wheels that have everything: sequential/6 speed shifters as well as flappy paddle ones, 900 degrees of rotation, fully adjustable settings, great force feedback and also great pedals (but pedals are a different matter entirely).

But going back to the original question, only wheels that support 900 degree steering have fairly accurate steering ratios for a road car.  Race cars, however, can have modified steering ratios (like F1 cars have ~300 degrees instead of ~900) so the most realistic wheels are those that have adjustable degrees of rotation (like the Fanatec and some Logitec wheels among others).
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels   Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2014 9:07 pm

Wow, thanks.

Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels   Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2014 9:08 pm

That...didn't work as expected
Back to top Go down
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels   Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 5:37 am

bigfoot wrote:
Anyone have opinions on Xbox one wheels?
KraZe wrote:
I'm not even aware of which wheels work on the XB1 lol

Currently there is the thrustmaster TX Ferrari 458 racing wheel, it is a USB wheel, mains powered running with brushless motors and belt driven force feedback. It works on the Xbox one and pc, has a maximum DOR of 900. Most people who have used a T500RS are saying the TX is like a mini T500RS. They state the ffb is "smoother" than the T500 RS, but the ffb effects are slightly weaker.
The TX comes with a two pedal set in the box (throttle and brake), they feel pretty good, but need to be pushed up against something as they are lite. There is good resistance in the brake pedal, and the throttle feels nice too. There is a 3 pedal set coming out sometime this year, this will feature a clutch pedal; the add on pedal set is T3PA. There is also a H gated shifter add on coming also this year, which is the TH8A. You are also able to use the GTE rim, an the F1 rim from the T500 RS on the TX wheel base. The TX also has Firmware updates.

I have the wheel, it feels very nice. The FFB feels nice on the wheel, but I only have an MS wireless FFB wheel to compare it too. It works well on both the X1 and PC.

I have used the wheel on FM5, and on the pc I have used it with Dirt 3, Rfactor, Iracing, Assetto Corsa, and Pcars.
Back to top Go down
Maji of Bacon
Tofu Delivery Driver
Maji of Bacon

PostSubject: Re: Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels   Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2014 3:46 pm

do you use the inverted pedals?
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels   Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2014 5:40 pm

No I don't but I kinda wish I did.
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels   Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 9:48 pm

Hey, do you know of any good new or refurbished sets for Xbox 360 or PS3 within a budget of about $180?
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels   Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 10:12 pm

For that price range you could get a cheap wheel for either Xbox 360 or PS3 but not one that works for both sadly. MadCatz wheels for the 360 should be around that price range, that or used Fanatec 911 wheels maybe but those are rare. For PS3 there's the Logitech DFGT or if you're lucky a used G25.
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels   Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 10:14 pm

I was told by Kona that the DFGT is good for a $150 wheel but loud and missing a clutch.

Do you need a clutch for a sequential gearbox?
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels   Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 11:43 pm

^He's right the wheel does have an annoying "whir" sound when you turn it and only has a gas and brake pedal (cheap plastic ones at that but they serve their purpose). No clutch pedal needed.
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels   Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 11:44 pm

Is it a high-pitch or a low-pitch whir?
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels   Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 11:49 pm

Both depending on how fast you move the wheel.
Slow = Low
Fast = High

Last edited by KraZe on Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels   Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 11:50 pm

I have poor medium-low range hearing so I think the whirring won't bug me.
Back to top Go down
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels   Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 3:31 am

Just save up an extra $100, and then go for a fanatec CSR value pack. It works on the 360, pc, and ps3. The value pack doesn't come with shifters, but it does have a 3 pedal set. Its not worth it to go out and by any piece of cheap crap, and madcatz wheels are just that. The MS wheel is ok, but you will be hard pressed to find a good one now, and I really wouldn't trust a pre-owned fanatec. A brand new CSR is what I would buy, if I was getting a wheel for the PS3 and Xbox 360. If I was just interested in a wheel for the PS3/PC, I would honestly go with a Thrustmaster t500RS. Unlike the TX I had, it has been on the market for years. So all those stupid issues the TX is having at the moment, the T500RS had them resolved years ago. You get an awesome pedal set with them also, and the Thrustmaster TH8RS shifter, well, its the best consumer grade shifter there is. I may not be happy with Thrustmaster themselves at the moment, but that is still the route I would go.
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels   Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 9:10 am

I really have no means of saving money right now, and I honestly would prefer a basic wheel to get me started until I can.land a job and save my money.
Back to top Go down
Peacock
Kaido Aficionado
Peacock

PostSubject: Re: Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels   Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 9:50 am

Maji of Bacon wrote:
do you use the inverted pedals?

I just got the inverters in the mail a few days ago. they feel great. a little bit of a pain to install b/c i cut corners but the driving feel is so much more accurate
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels   Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4