Touge Union
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport's Touge Community

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels

Go down 
+11
Peacock
bigfoot
lBrawnyemperoRl
Hybrid Comet
Soldier2DEnd
jusputitonmytab
SaintedPlacebo4
Rotary
MiNd
Ryosuke Takahashi
KraZe
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels   Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 12:48 am

bigfoot wrote:
I meant like a deadzone setting or something in forza itself
Never touched those in my life lol
Back to top Go down
Hybrid Comet
Touge Veteran
Hybrid Comet

Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels   Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 2:55 am

I tuned the control settings in forza to have zero deadzones with the controller, makes it feel like more real to me Smile

BTW kraze, i just made a deal from fanatec porche wheel, h-shifter and g27 pedals with adapter, i even tested it and DAMN it felt AMAZING Smile
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels   Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 3:41 am

^That's awesome man! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bigfoot
Touge Enthusiast
bigfoot

PostSubject: Re: Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels   Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 5:20 pm

OK after a shit ton of research I'm gonna get the CSR. The wheel elite pedals and shifter for 359$. However I'm not sold on the shifter. The problem is that's one of the main reasons why I'm upgrading so I want to get the base package (wheel and standard pedals) for 250$ and purchase the club sport shifter in July when it drops. Any thoughts on standard pedals? I'm pretty sure I could manage fine with the linear since its adjustable.especially since I'llprolly be spending more time on everything from ITC to pro street to mnc.
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels   Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 11:40 am

Yeah the Clubsport shifter is definitely better than the standard CSR sequential and H-pattern shifters but I don't know how expensive it will be though. As for the pedals, I use the CSR Elite pedals and to my understanding the only REAL difference between the standard ones and the elite (besides one being plastic and the other aluminum) is the brake pedal. The brakes on the standard pedals use a potentiometer (the further back you push it the harder you brake), so the brakes work the same way that the gas and clutch pedals work. On the Elite, the brake uses a load cell (a nifty device that measures the pressure you exert on the pedal with your foot rather than the distance pushed). Basically the "harder" you push it the more you brake.

-Standard pedals
Pros: Cheaper, the brakes work the same way as the left trigger on the Xbox controller (further you push it, the more you brake)
Cons: Plastic parts might get flimsy over time (not a real problem though), it is easier to lock up your tires when driving without ABS (but it's just the same as with the controller so it's no big deal you get used to it).

-Elite pedals
Pros: Made of aluminum (you can stomp these with your steel-toe boots and they won't break), load cell brake basically prevents you from locking your wheels under braking unless you press the brakes with the strength of Hercules, Kratos, Superman, Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, and Hulk Hogan combined.
Cons: About $70 more expensive, the brake pedal is stiff as f*ck, you will need to increase the brake pressure of your cars to 200% to brake normally.
Back to top Go down
bigfoot
Touge Enthusiast
bigfoot

PostSubject: Re: Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels   Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 1:38 pm

The CCS is 150. Bout 50$ more when combined with standard ped. Idk man I'm torn
Back to top Go down
bigfoot
Touge Enthusiast
bigfoot

PostSubject: Re: Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels   Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 1:44 pm

Then there the th8r mod or whatever. TOO MANY OPTIONS lol
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels   Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 1:51 pm

You must choose lol
Back to top Go down
bigfoot
Touge Enthusiast
bigfoot

PostSubject: Re: Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels   Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 2:51 pm

Also I can get the base set up now or wait and get better pedals . EFF.
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels   Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 4:27 pm

Due to some requests by members of the community to disclose my Fanatec CSR settings, I finally got around to hooking up my wheel again Smile so the settings are as follow:

Serious racing setting:
SEn: 240
FF: 80
Sho: 30
dri: OFF
ABS: OFF
Lin: 0
dEA: 0
SPr: 3
dPr: 3

Fun/cruising setting:
SEn: 900
FF: 80
Sho: 30
dri: 4
ABS: OFF
Lin: 0
dEA: 0
SPr: 3
dPr: 3

Last edited by KraZe on Wed May 22, 2013 11:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bigfoot
Touge Enthusiast
bigfoot

PostSubject: Re: Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels   Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 11:39 am

CSR wheel n club sport pedals en route. Woot.
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels   Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 11:42 am

^Clubsports!? Damn you got yourself a nice set! haha hope you like them Wink
Back to top Go down
bigfoot
Touge Enthusiast
bigfoot

PostSubject: Re: Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels   Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 1:16 pm

2nd hand paid 3 w/ shifters and shipping seemed like a decent deal.they're the v1 but should suffice. I have high hopes.
Back to top Go down
bigfoot
Touge Enthusiast
bigfoot

PostSubject: Re: Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels   Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 4:31 pm

Came in today! Cool
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels   Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 4:24 pm

So how are you liking the wheel Bigfoot? If you have any problems with dialing in the settings let me know. Wink
Back to top Go down
bigfoot
Touge Enthusiast
bigfoot

PostSubject: Re: Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels   Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 7:05 pm

My only problem is the twitchyness of sim steering. Its gotta be me and throttle problem. The 200% braking and 270° were good tips.
Back to top Go down
bigfoot
Touge Enthusiast
bigfoot

PostSubject: Re: Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels   Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 7:06 pm

Ficking frustrating like spinning every other turn
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels   Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 7:29 pm

^Even though the CSR wasn't my first wheel it took me like half a month to stop spinning out at high speed corners. Razz
Back to top Go down
bigfoot
Touge Enthusiast
bigfoot

PostSubject: Re: Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels   Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 2:20 am

Took me a while just to catch oversteer lol at least I'm only spinning maybe every other now Smile
Back to top Go down
Peacock
Kaido Aficionado
Peacock

PostSubject: Re: Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels   Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 4:55 pm

Do you use the sequential or h-gate shifter? Also, do you have problems with the wheel needing to re-calibrate the h-shifter every now and then? I got one for xmas early and it keeps resetting the shifter. is it because i calibrate it when im hooked up to the xbox rather than the computer?
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels   Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 5:13 pm

I use the H-shifter since it's more fun (unless it's a rally car or something). I tend to recalibrate it everytime I turn the Xbox back on so it's pretty normal.
Back to top Go down
Peacock
Kaido Aficionado
Peacock

PostSubject: Re: Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels   Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 24, 2013 2:36 pm

I figured out that if you turn on the xbox and the wheel then restart the wheel it remembers the H-shifter calibration. odd...
Back to top Go down
Konasumi
Touge Veteran
Konasumi

PostSubject: Re: Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels   Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 25, 2013 11:09 pm

KraZe wrote:
I tried 900* for touge racing and crashed every time Neutral

I'd imagine it'd be something like this.

Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels - Page 3 V1CJ4Fp
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels   Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 25, 2013 11:29 pm

lol that was me a year ago!  Razz  Nowadays I look like this:
Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels - Page 3 Anigif_enhanced-buzz-24841-1380167047-0
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels   Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 26, 2013 5:09 pm

What would be a good entry level wheel for the xbox?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels   Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next