Touge Union
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport's Touge Community

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

s14 tuning

Go down 
+2
KraZe
s14chayne
6 posters
AuthorMessage
s14chayne
Wakaba

s14 tuning Empty
PostSubject: s14 tuning   s14 tuning Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 4:24 am

I'm new to touge racing in forza. I chose an s14 (94 Silvia K's) as my first touge car. I read the tuning database thread and I'm still having trouble getting the car how I want it. I either get way too much oversteer and the rear will kick out if I touch the gas or the car will understeer like crazy.

Could any fellow s14 drivers out there give me some good starting points/advice on tuning the car? I don't need exact tune settings.

Fujimi Kaido is a lot of fun though. I wish I had known about touge in forza a long time ago.
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

s14 tuning Empty
PostSubject: Re: s14 tuning   s14 tuning Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 4:43 am

Welcome to the forums man! Smile First off, the suspension and the differential affect the behavior of the car more than anything else. Therefore, I recommend trying out the Sport Springs (yes I know you cannot tune it). For 90% of cars, a sport suspension upgrade (sometimes even the stock one) can provide a very solid and stable suspension setup automatically without having to resort to tuning an race suspension and probably ruining the car. Some sport suspensions work just as good, if not better, than fully tuned ones as a matter of fact. Wink As for the diff settings, try really low settings (anything under 30% on both accel and decel should work). Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
s14chayne
Wakaba

s14 tuning Empty
PostSubject: Re: s14 tuning   s14 tuning Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 5:07 am

Thank you! I'm definitely going to try this when I play tomorrow. Just got done practicing on New Downhill for a couple of hours but I have to get some sleep, haha.

I'm open to try anything since I'm new to this.
Back to top Go down
StrawberryGL
Touge Veteran
StrawberryGL

s14 tuning Empty
PostSubject: Re: s14 tuning   s14 tuning Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 6:54 am

Kraze's advice will definitely help, I'll back him up on that!

I'd say the best thing you can do is avoid "over tuning" your car. This is when you make little adjustments all over your car and without knowing it you end up trying to improve in a car that is simply terrible. It's okay not to know how to tune, you'll end up improving faster in a car that you've barely touched to a car that you've tinkered with for a week. You have to be very careful when tuning a car.

That being said, there are some people on the forum that tune cars that I know are effective, you could always ask them for a tune and try to improve from there.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TEHROFLKINFE?feature=mhee
s14chayne
Wakaba

s14 tuning Empty
PostSubject: Re: s14 tuning   s14 tuning Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 3:08 pm

Wow, it helped for sure. I have to get used to how it handles with just the sport suspension but I already cut my time on New Downhill by a full second. It doesn't have as much grip as I want but I think I can learn to tame it with throttle control. Eventually, I want to try my luck with tuning so I can really push the car.

I tried upgrading the stock turbo and that made it a lot harder to control. I do love the power it gave me in the straight aways but I ended up just going back to the stock turbo.

This car, the way it is right now, is a good base to learn the touge on. I'm still waiting to hear from some people who have tuned this car and can share what works and what doesn't.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I'm also playing forza 3. If that makes any difference...
Back to top Go down
lBrawnyemperoRl
Touge Elite

s14 tuning Empty
PostSubject: Re: s14 tuning   s14 tuning Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 4:27 pm

Theres one general advice i can give you: engine parts are the very last thing you should put in. And then you shouldnt go for turbo upgrades etc. You saw what happens Smile
Back to top Go down
bukkaz
Fujiwara
bukkaz

s14 tuning Empty
PostSubject: Re: s14 tuning   s14 tuning Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 4:29 pm

Yeah turbo is bad for downhill and good for uphill
Back to top Go down
lBrawnyemperoRl
Touge Elite

s14 tuning Empty
PostSubject: Re: s14 tuning   s14 tuning Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 4:32 pm

Onky if you have good throttle control or awd better yet both Smile
Back to top Go down
s14chayne
Wakaba

s14 tuning Empty
PostSubject: Re: s14 tuning   s14 tuning Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 5:08 pm

The car still wants to slide a lot. I've managed to shave time off but I'd imagine I could do even better if the car wasn't trying to drift through ever corner, haha Smile
Back to top Go down
lBrawnyemperoRl
Touge Elite

s14 tuning Empty
PostSubject: Re: s14 tuning   s14 tuning Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 5:06 am

can you turbo glitch the s14? maybe that helps.
Back to top Go down
Hybrid Comet
Touge Veteran
Hybrid Comet

s14 tuning Empty
PostSubject: Re: s14 tuning   s14 tuning Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 10:25 am

No you cannot turbo glitch s14 Sad
Imo too sport suspension works good at downhills (with most cars), tho i prefer uphills so i aint the best one to give advice to downhill drivers. And the fact that i drive fwd cars mostly.

Little ot, but stock tunes work sometimes great.
Stock tuned EP3 works really great imo, but then again EK9 that i prefer and get the best times has highly tuned suspension so i quess it depend from the car Smile
Back to top Go down
s14chayne
Wakaba

s14 tuning Empty
PostSubject: Re: s14 tuning   s14 tuning Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 10:27 pm

I shaved 3 seconds off of my time after trying out an fc rx7. First run too. I like the fc, it behaves more to my liking.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

s14 tuning Empty
PostSubject: Re: s14 tuning   s14 tuning Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

s14 tuning
Page 1 of 1