Touge Union
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport's Touge Community

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Going to be grip racing B class cars

Go down 
+2
that slime kb
rayzhong
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
rayzhong
Wakaba

Going to be grip racing B class cars Empty
PostSubject: Going to be grip racing B class cars   Going to be grip racing B class cars Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 6:23 pm

Currently im on a superlight mx5 with full forza aero and a supercharger and i dont quite like it. im looking to just be decently quick on any track. Give me suggestions on cars that are pretty good with forza aero thanks!
Back to top Go down
that slime kb
Touge Veteran
that slime kb

PostSubject: Re: Going to be grip racing B class cars   Going to be grip racing B class cars Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 7:03 pm

Ur in the wrong place to ask about forza aero buddy lol
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Going to be grip racing B class cars   Going to be grip racing B class cars Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 8:07 pm

Isn't like... ANY car good with Forza aero? lol
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Going to be grip racing B class cars   Going to be grip racing B class cars Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 1:34 pm

^Not the Lotus Eleven.
Back to top Go down
StrawberryGL
Touge Veteran
StrawberryGL

PostSubject: Re: Going to be grip racing B class cars   Going to be grip racing B class cars Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 5:39 pm

Any car is good with Forza Aero

Quote :
^Not the Lotus Eleven.

Why not?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TEHROFLKINFE?feature=mhee
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Going to be grip racing B class cars   Going to be grip racing B class cars Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 5:45 pm

The tires are too thin for the car to be good at any index over C, and from my experiences, aero has more negatives on that car than benefits.
Back to top Go down
StrawberryGL
Touge Veteran
StrawberryGL

PostSubject: Re: Going to be grip racing B class cars   Going to be grip racing B class cars Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 6:18 pm

No examples examples at all? What kind of negatives? Not to offend but you aren't exactly fast at Forza, how would you drive a car and know for certain whether it's good with aero or not?

Forza aero in general is good for all cars and almost all tracks. It saves PI, increases cornering ability and stability dramatically especially in RWD cars, and it's fully adjustable so you can tune for each track individually. The only time you wouldn't want aero is if you were drag racing or on a track with an monstrous straight and very few demanding turns.

Last edited by StrawberryGL on Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Going to be grip racing B class cars   Going to be grip racing B class cars Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 6:21 pm

You pretty much listed my negatives there.

Truth is, the Eleven can't afford the speed impediment anyways, since it doesn't have as much power as other cars in the PI ranges it can achieve. The only time I found that the front aero had use was keeping the nose down when taking an extremely long straight past 200 MPH.
Back to top Go down
StrawberryGL
Touge Veteran
StrawberryGL

PostSubject: Re: Going to be grip racing B class cars   Going to be grip racing B class cars Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 6:26 pm

But those aren't even negative traits you can attribute to the car being bad with aero. It's not the Eleven that isn't suited for aero, it's the track you're testing it on that's the problem.
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Going to be grip racing B class cars   Going to be grip racing B class cars Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 6:29 pm

Also to consider: Even with the aero, the car can't achieve past a 5.7 Handling and a 5.9 braking. Not quite as poor as the 86, but poor.
Back to top Go down
StrawberryGL
Touge Veteran
StrawberryGL

PostSubject: Re: Going to be grip racing B class cars   Going to be grip racing B class cars Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 6:32 pm

That's much better than without it though.
Back to top Go down
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Going to be grip racing B class cars   Going to be grip racing B class cars Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 6:32 pm

Sigh, Its all in the tuning and the persons skill on what a car is capable of doing in forza. You should know that by now, what with been on a touge related forum.

P.S; Obelisk, the stats in forza mean sweet fa. They are fudged, as the forza test track used for the stats, rates a car on straight line speed more than any other factor for building the stats we see.
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Going to be grip racing B class cars   Going to be grip racing B class cars Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 6:34 pm

Well, let's try to settle this rationally. Strawberry, name a track. I'll build a Lotus Eleven to B class with and without aero and I'll post the flying laps here.
Back to top Go down
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Going to be grip racing B class cars   Going to be grip racing B class cars Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 6:35 pm

Obelisk wrote:
Well, let's try to settle this rationally.  Strawberry, name a track.  I'll build a Lotus Eleven to B class with and without aero and I'll post the flying laps here.

Do it on the Nordschleife, it will provide a proper test of your tunes!
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Going to be grip racing B class cars   Going to be grip racing B class cars Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 6:36 pm

Can do. Let's say 9 minutes is the time to beat, ok?
Back to top Go down
StrawberryGL
Touge Veteran
StrawberryGL

PostSubject: Re: Going to be grip racing B class cars   Going to be grip racing B class cars Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 6:40 pm

Obelisk wrote:
Well, let's try to settle this rationally.  Strawberry, name a track.  I'll build a Lotus Eleven to B class with and without aero and I'll post the flying laps here.

I don't need lap times, lap times are influenced by the driver, this is just common sense to me. Racing aero is fully adjustable and works well on every car in the game, there's no reason why it randomly wouldn't work well on a Lotus Eleven.
Back to top Go down
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Going to be grip racing B class cars   Going to be grip racing B class cars Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 7:10 pm

I would like to see what time Obelisk can get in the Lotus eleven.
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Going to be grip racing B class cars   Going to be grip racing B class cars Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 7:11 pm

What's the point? People don't really respect me on here anyways, save a few friends.

I'll still set the times.
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Going to be grip racing B class cars   Going to be grip racing B class cars Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 7:57 pm

So I wasn't able to complete a lap in both tunes, since it wants to flip at every small bump so I decided to test in-line performance and handling on the Top Gear track.
Standing mile:
Aero: 5.5 seconds from 0-60 and a top speed of 135 at the end of the mile.
No Aero: 5.2 seconds from 0-60 and a top speed of 146 at the end of the mile, also a second and a half faster.

Test track:
Aero: 1:25.688 from a dead stop, 1:22.777 flying
No Aero: 1:25.995 from a dead stop, 1:21.860 flying

The car handled about the same for me with both setups, and ran nearly identical times. You guys take your opinion from this.
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Going to be grip racing B class cars   Going to be grip racing B class cars Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 11:24 pm

I don't know why this thread became about FM aero on a Lotus Eleven, I mean who cares? Nobody drives it anyway.  What a pointless discussion.

edit: WTF you tested the car on a drag strip and an oval because you couldn't even finish a lap on a circuit? lol
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Going to be grip racing B class cars   Going to be grip racing B class cars Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 11:26 pm

I made a comment is all it takes for a thread to derail apparently.
Back to top Go down
StrawberryGL
Touge Veteran
StrawberryGL

PostSubject: Re: Going to be grip racing B class cars   Going to be grip racing B class cars Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 8:54 am

I already told you it would be slower in a drag race, you didn't need to prove that. If rayzhong really cares that much about this random car then he can test it himself or something I really don't care.

As far as the original question goes, once again any car is great for aero. Just be sure to adjust it for the track you are on.
Back to top Go down
rayzhong
Wakaba

PostSubject: Re: Going to be grip racing B class cars   Going to be grip racing B class cars Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2014 7:54 pm

I just picked a renault 5 turbo and its quick anywhere i havent read this in along time sorry i even made the discussion...
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Going to be grip racing B class cars   Going to be grip racing B class cars Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2014 7:55 pm

That's a solid choice. Those MRs are usually very stable.
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Going to be grip racing B class cars   Going to be grip racing B class cars Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2014 11:12 pm

KraZe wrote:
edit: WTF you tested the car on a drag strip and an oval because you couldn't even finish a lap on a circuit? lol
I would have if I could.  The non-aero build kept flipping on the Pflanzgarten (Long section right before the main straight)
To clarify: The two righthanders at the start of this section.
Going to be grip racing B class cars Ns-pflanzgarten-fertig-8b
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Going to be grip racing B class cars   Going to be grip racing B class cars Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Going to be grip racing B class cars
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next