Touge Union
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport's Touge Community

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sacrificing grip for acceleration?

Go down 
+3
bukkaz
IVYTRAE
Velarys
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Velarys
Kaido Aficionado

Sacrificing grip for acceleration? Empty
PostSubject: Sacrificing grip for acceleration?   Sacrificing grip for acceleration? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 12:16 pm

What if you took a notoriously grippy car, your Miata's/MR-S etc, used narrower tyres and added some power?

If 86's can do 34's mostly due to their acceleration (and driver, obviously), surely the above cars would benefit too?
This is assuming the driver can handle less grip and more power.

I'll be testing this when I can, but it's just a thought.
Back to top Go down
IVYTRAE
Tofu Delivery Driver
IVYTRAE

PostSubject: Re: Sacrificing grip for acceleration?   Sacrificing grip for acceleration? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 12:32 pm

I thought ppl were already doing this?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHZPSeKvQIRRWMpbbHlxwNw
bukkaz
Fujiwara
bukkaz

PostSubject: Re: Sacrificing grip for acceleration?   Sacrificing grip for acceleration? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 12:35 pm

It could work as long as you can go through corners at the same speed as when you had a wider tire width. It will made a little bit of difference but not a great deal
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Sacrificing grip for acceleration?   Sacrificing grip for acceleration? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 12:38 pm

The only times I've done this is on cars were you can't upgrade to race weight reduction (like the S2000 or Supra). It's dumb to sacrifice tire width for power but not so dumb to sacrifice tire width for further weight reduction but ONLY if the car is seriously heavy (like 2800 lbs or more).
Back to top Go down
betadood
Touge Enthusiast
betadood

PostSubject: Re: Sacrificing grip for acceleration?   Sacrificing grip for acceleration? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 3:33 pm

^ That about sums it up.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://forzastats.com/Player/Betadood
bukkaz
Fujiwara
bukkaz

PostSubject: Re: Sacrificing grip for acceleration?   Sacrificing grip for acceleration? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 3:37 pm

^you think it could do 32's?
Back to top Go down
betadood
Touge Enthusiast
betadood

PostSubject: Re: Sacrificing grip for acceleration?   Sacrificing grip for acceleration? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 3:41 pm

I don't think so, it takes everything out of me to even get that 33.9. But then again the 86 is always full of surprises.
Back to top Go down
http://forzastats.com/Player/Betadood
StrawberryGL
Touge Veteran
StrawberryGL

PostSubject: Re: Sacrificing grip for acceleration?   Sacrificing grip for acceleration? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 3:44 pm

I've tried it on my RX-7, handling seems to be the better option of the two. There wasn't a huge discrepancy between the on both times, though.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TEHROFLKINFE?feature=mhee
CursedShark15
Touge Veteran
CursedShark15

PostSubject: Re: Sacrificing grip for acceleration?   Sacrificing grip for acceleration? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 11:08 pm

33's in an 86,
thats some crazy shit rite there man!
On another note, how long does it take for you guys to get fast times like these?
It took me approximately an hour and a half, (maybe more), to get that 39 I wanted so badly Wink
I'd like to know Smile 
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/theawesomeness505
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Sacrificing grip for acceleration?   Sacrificing grip for acceleration? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 11:29 pm

About 2.5 years, an hour and a half is nothing that's hardly a warm up.  I don't understand how you wanted a 39 so badly if your touge experience is hardly that of someone playing Forza for the first time??

Or do you mean how much time spent in a single sit-in in hot lap?
Back to top Go down
bukkaz
Fujiwara
bukkaz

PostSubject: Re: Sacrificing grip for acceleration?   Sacrificing grip for acceleration? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 5:57 am

From when I started touge to the time I hit my best ever time of a 4:33:3 it took me about a year, I cant remember how long I been on the touge scene for. But a hot lap session ive only spent like 15 - 20 mins in a single sitting
Back to top Go down
CursedShark15
Touge Veteran
CursedShark15

PostSubject: Re: Sacrificing grip for acceleration?   Sacrificing grip for acceleration? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 9:45 am

KraZe wrote:
About 2.5 years, an hour and a half is nothing that's hardly a warm up.  I don't understand how you wanted a 39 so badly if your touge experience is hardly that of someone playing Forza for the first time??

yea i mean't a single hot lap session. whoops

forget about the 2.5 years of forza.
I spent about a few 5-7? months focusing on forza touge.
Most of my forza 3 career was just upgrading it to the max my credits could afford.

I actually took the time to "read" my car back in January...maybe even l8r than that.
Back to top Go down
CursedShark15
Touge Veteran
CursedShark15

PostSubject: Re: Sacrificing grip for acceleration?   Sacrificing grip for acceleration? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 9:59 am

KraZe wrote:
 I don't understand how you wanted a 39 so badly if your touge experience is hardly that of someone playing Forza for the first time??

getting a 39 is a huge achievement, I'd think you'd know that too lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sacrificing grip for acceleration?   Sacrificing grip for acceleration? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sacrificing grip for acceleration?
Page 1 of 1