Touge Union
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport's Touge Community

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Picked up a new project :]

Go down 
+9
StrawberryGL
Smooth92
betadood
GoverningNick
Obelisk
lBrawnyemperoRl
Konasumi
KraZe
Koolaid
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Koolaid
Touge Veteran
Koolaid

Picked up a new project :] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Picked up a new project :]   Picked up a new project :] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 9:37 pm

I'm not just speaking about my own car, i just asking generally.
Like why you say its better to build an SR5 rather than build a GTS?
The way you put it makes me believe thats the way you feel about it.
Plus i can specifically recall Beta saying that he hated the fact that my friend that swapped a 350z VQ35 in to his 86 for the soul purpose of drifting, so i can't help but ask why you guys feel that way.
I asked what you think i should do if i had a rare car like the GTS?
You make it seem like thats an unwritten law to not touch the car.
What i'm really trying to ask is why you think modifying a rare car is a waste and i'm trying to say its not a waste in other peoples eyes.
Back to top Go down
Mulchy
Mountain Pass Master
Mulchy

PostSubject: Re: Picked up a new project :]   Picked up a new project :] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 10:07 pm

OO KILL EM
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Picked up a new project :]   Picked up a new project :] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 10:08 pm

[deleted due to inappropriate context]

Last edited by Obelisk on Sun May 18, 2014 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
StrawberryGL
Touge Veteran
StrawberryGL

PostSubject: Re: Picked up a new project :]   Picked up a new project :] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 10:11 pm

I was trying to compliment it, I shouldn't have to do write an essay's worth of posts defending myself just because you thought that I was insinuating things that I didn't say. I don't even know why we're talking about this at this point or how you got so far off track from my original comment. I'm leaving the thread since apparently I said something wrong and anything I say can/will be twisted into something I didn't.

Here's why I think modifying a stock GTS is a waste:

SR5 shell: around 1,000$-, there are lots of them
Driveable stock GTS: around 4,000$+, extremely rare

If your goal is to modify the car, then it's more cost efficient to modify an SR5 shell since you're going to be buying aftermarket parts anyway, and you'll be able to find an SR5 shell much easier than a running GTS. The buyer saves money, and an already rare car that still has it's original parts isn't tampered with. That's why I think it's better to track build an SR5 than a GTS. This is all a moot point though, since you don't even own a GTS and even if you did I wouldn't try to stop you from modifying it, I just think it's smarter to modify an SR5 instead of GTS if at all possible, that's all. Have fun with your 86. I'm sorry if for saying that it's nice that it's an SR5 and not a GTS, I didn't think it would bother you.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TEHROFLKINFE?feature=mhee
Koolaid
Touge Veteran
Koolaid

PostSubject: Re: Picked up a new project :]   Picked up a new project :] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 11:26 pm

StrawberryGL wrote:
I was trying to compliment it, I shouldn't have to do write an essay's worth of posts defending myself just because you thought that I was insinuating things that I didn't say. I don't even know why we're talking about this at this point or how you got so far off track from my original comment. I'm leaving the thread since apparently I said something wrong and anything I say can/will be twisted into something I didn't.

Here's why I think modifying a stock GTS is a waste:

SR5 shell: around 1,000$-, there are lots of them
Driveable stock GTS: around 4,000$+, extremely rare

If your goal is to modify the car, then it's more cost efficient to modify an SR5 shell since you're going to be buying aftermarket parts anyway, and you'll be able to find an SR5 shell much easier than a running GTS. The buyer saves money, and an already rare car that still has it's original parts isn't tampered with. That's why I think it's better to track build an SR5 than a GTS. This is all a moot point though, since you don't even own a GTS and even if you did I wouldn't try to stop you from modifying it, I just think it's smarter to modify an SR5 instead of GTS if at all possible, that's all. Have fun with your 86. I'm sorry if for saying that it's nice that it's an SR5 and not a GTS, I didn't think it would bother you.

Thats all i wanted to know lol.
Like i said before, I was asking a general question of why? not because i own an SR5 or that i foolishly think i own a GTS.
But here's my problem with with what you had to say.
If money is not an issue, then nothing matters and its not a waste.
Some people like authenticity, thats why people go the extra mile.
I can build an SR5 to the exact spec of a GTS if i strip it down to a shell, but i can never truly say that the car is a GTS and honestly that would annoy the shit out of me.
Thats like saying that buying a new BRZ is a waste of $4-5k compared to the FRS, some people like Subaru, some people don't like Scion as a community, etc.
Its a rare car?
Cool, but i don't think i can enjoy it to the fullest when its stock.
In the end, its what people like and its probably worth the 4k+ people put towards a GTS.

And here's where things sounds funny,
If i wanted to get the car running with what i have now with a 16v 4age, i will have spent 3k on top of the $800 i put down for the shell.
-$3800 plus the amount of time and labour installing everything.
It would have been more $$$ if i didn't already had the drivetrain.
And now my friend just put up his GTS coupe for 4500 with a handful of mods,
That sounds like a whole lot of time and a whole low of labour saved for a 700 dollar difference.
$700 for a legitimate GTS that i don't have to do labour on a swap doesn't sound like a waste to me.
Back to top Go down
CursedShark15
Touge Veteran
CursedShark15

PostSubject: Re: Picked up a new project :]   Picked up a new project :] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 6:53 am

I would suggest importing a zenki front bumper later on.
Even though they are rare they are worth it.
Kouki works fine too, and I'm sure they are legal in va
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/theawesomeness505
Koolaid
Touge Veteran
Koolaid

PostSubject: Re: Picked up a new project :]   Picked up a new project :] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 10:52 am

My friends got the JDM front on hold for me.
There is nothing illegal about body pieces for cars unless they delete sidemarkers or turn signals.
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Picked up a new project :]   Picked up a new project :] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 10:57 am

Are you going to.give that SR5 downforce? (Rear/front aero kits, etc)
Back to top Go down
Mulchy
Mountain Pass Master
Mulchy

PostSubject: Re: Picked up a new project :]   Picked up a new project :] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 3:10 pm

The labor is fun, if anything it's priceless. I've never had a more fun time than putting a new part on my car and hearing or feeling a difference when I start it up for the first time.

So worth it Koolaid :-)
Back to top Go down
CursedShark15
Touge Veteran
CursedShark15

PostSubject: Re: Picked up a new project :]   Picked up a new project :] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 3:17 pm

Coming to think of it
You should make it a paint replica of your hentai 86
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Picked up a new project :]   Picked up a new project :] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 3:18 pm

^You want him to get arrested?
Back to top Go down
CursedShark15
Touge Veteran
CursedShark15

PostSubject: Re: Picked up a new project :]   Picked up a new project :] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 3:21 pm

Lol actually nah the 86 is too good to be impounded Wink
Back to top Go down
Koolaid
Touge Veteran
Koolaid

PostSubject: Re: Picked up a new project :]   Picked up a new project :] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 3:36 pm

@mulchy, I mean ill be ripping the motor out regardless and your pops has his own lift, I wouldnt mind too much if I had access to one lol.
If the labor could be simplified im all about it yoh lol.

@Obelisk, the car will have widened and pulled fenders to run a 15x9 0 offset wheel with out it poking out of the fender and the JDM front. It wont be a complete race car, just something I can drive to an autoX, compete, then drive back in.

@Kraze, its already been decided that "ONII CHN" will be on the plate since hentai is taken LOL
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Picked up a new project :]   Picked up a new project :] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 3:41 pm

Might as well put "IMAFAGET" instead lol  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Picked up a new project :]   Picked up a new project :] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 3:45 pm

We're all looking foward to it.
Back to top Go down
Koolaid
Touge Veteran
Koolaid

PostSubject: Re: Picked up a new project :]   Picked up a new project :] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 9:48 pm

Got some custom egg dozen containers and cups for teh build.
I'm going to rip out the blown 16v soon so i can prep the bay for the 20v.
Probably going to end up sanding the bay down smooth and painting a nice gloss black.
That way i can the the motor in and it won't look tacky when i get the car painted something other than white.
Also found out the previous owner swapped out the front rotors for 11" ones from a Cresida :]
Picked up a new project :] - Page 2 14115812108_4fc4b71959_z

Picked up a new project :] - Page 2 14115838980_43251d6250_z

Picked up a new project :] - Page 2 14299115831_5c6e844c29_z
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Picked up a new project :]   Picked up a new project :] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 9:51 pm

What happened to the 16v? You said it was blown, but what exactly happened?
Back to top Go down
Koolaid
Touge Veteran
Koolaid

PostSubject: Re: Picked up a new project :]   Picked up a new project :] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 11:24 pm

Flooded the 3rd cylinder flooded with fuel, spun a bearing, and bent everything lol.
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Picked up a new project :]   Picked up a new project :] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 7:25 am

So it's pretty much fucked lol

Looks like you're making great progress!
Back to top Go down
Mulchy
Mountain Pass Master
Mulchy

PostSubject: Re: Picked up a new project :]   Picked up a new project :] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 9:17 pm

What color do you plan on painting it?
Back to top Go down
CursedShark15
Touge Veteran
CursedShark15

PostSubject: Re: Picked up a new project :]   Picked up a new project :] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 9:19 pm

^I always thought the classical high tech two tone looked nice Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mulchy
Mountain Pass Master
Mulchy

PostSubject: Re: Picked up a new project :]   Picked up a new project :] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 9:25 pm

Two-tone always looks good on an 86. I think single tone black would look good too.
Back to top Go down
CursedShark15
Touge Veteran
CursedShark15

PostSubject: Re: Picked up a new project :]   Picked up a new project :] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 1:09 pm

^so like the black limited?
That could work
Back to top Go down
lBrawnyemperoRl
Touge Elite

PostSubject: Re: Picked up a new project :]   Picked up a new project :] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 1:53 pm

That one had golden stripes though didnt it?
Back to top Go down
CursedShark15
Touge Veteran
CursedShark15

PostSubject: Re: Picked up a new project :]   Picked up a new project :] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 2:02 pm

^coming to think about it,
It really only had one faint golden stripe
From far it looked all black
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Picked up a new project :]   Picked up a new project :] - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Picked up a new project :]
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next