Touge Union
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport's Touge Community

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My Forza Motorsport Archive!!!

Go down 
+7
Mulchy
betadood
bukkaz
Koolaid
lBrawnyemperoRl
KraZe
Ialyrn
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast

My Forza Motorsport Archive!!! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Forza Motorsport Archive!!!   My Forza Motorsport Archive!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 4:12 pm

there rally inspired rally mods, which are really good. There are also some new body mods for the 205 T16 as well.
Back to top Go down
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: My Forza Motorsport Archive!!!   My Forza Motorsport Archive!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 12:05 pm

Did a fast lap of Bathurst the other day, quite pleased with the lap. Im using the Holden V8 supercar, its 100% stock with default tuning. I was running 360DOR on me thrustmaster TX (because racecar Razz), No TCS/STM, no ABS, and Sim steering. I walked away with a 2:08.987, placed at 1428 on the S class Bathurst LB with it. Going to tune the cars stock build and see if I can better that time at some point.

Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: My Forza Motorsport Archive!!!   My Forza Motorsport Archive!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 3:15 pm

Not bad! You should aim for the real life Bathurst lap records. I think the fastest is Greg Murphy's 2:06.859
Back to top Go down
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: My Forza Motorsport Archive!!!   My Forza Motorsport Archive!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 3:35 pm

Hey Kraze, that sounds like a plan. I will have to look into what driver aids they use in those V8 supercars, as the Holdens dash has indicators for TCS and STM.

I have to admit that the TX wheel has really upped my game on forza. There is a spec rival event around bathurst in the Holden HSV, I am currently sitting at 52 on the leader board for it lol.
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: My Forza Motorsport Archive!!!   My Forza Motorsport Archive!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 5:19 pm

Eh, don't yell at me for this but:
Is there really any merit to setting a lap time in a video game, then comparing it to real life? I mean, yeah both FM and GT are simulators but what's the point of comparing a game time to a real-world record?
Back to top Go down
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: My Forza Motorsport Archive!!!   My Forza Motorsport Archive!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 5:30 pm

Obelisk wrote:
Is there really any merit to setting a lap time in a video game, then comparing it to real life?  I mean, yeah both FM and GT are simulators but what's the point of comparing a game time to a real-world record?

Its not for the merit, but the same reason as to why you try so hard to catch up to Bukkaz, Kraze, Mindcharger, and so on on Fujimi Kaido. Or the same reason you are attempting to beat team sidewinder on Forza Horizon. Basically, its all because we can, and its fun.

Last edited by Ialyrn on Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: My Forza Motorsport Archive!!!   My Forza Motorsport Archive!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 5:33 pm

I guess you're right. It's just that I run into a lot of kids on GT5 bragging about their lap times in their Red Bull X1s, X2010s and so forth and so on.
Back to top Go down
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: My Forza Motorsport Archive!!!   My Forza Motorsport Archive!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 5:44 pm

Most of the time when I do these little videos (apart from the drifting and touge ones), its because someone on the forza forums was asking questions about a certain car. I will often give some advice, and I will sometimes load up forza (and the car in question), to see if there are any underlying things with the cars default setup that may cause issues for someone newer to the franchise, or racing games in general. It also helps to give information on any possible tuning settings that may solve those issues, or at the very least to point them in the correct direction. More often than not though, it will all come down to basic car control.
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: My Forza Motorsport Archive!!!   My Forza Motorsport Archive!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 5:58 pm

Obelisk wrote:
Is there really any merit to setting a lap time in a video game, then comparing it to real life?  I mean, yeah both FM and GT are simulators but what's the point of comparing a game time to a real-world record?

Where do I even begin to answer that question...  Shocked 

The reason Turn10 even made the Forza series was for car and racing enthusiasts to be able to experience "the real thing" through a virtual world.

Many people including myself have both bought Forza games over the years, the more serious ones spend lots of money on steering wheels that have realistic force feedback, and (in my case) even H-pattern shifters with a clutch pedal as you would find in a real life car.  We practice hours on end because we love racing and enjoy the thought of honing our skills much the same way real racing drivers do.  We don't play because we want to be the best at this game, we do all this to bring ourselves as close as possible to the real thing from the safety of our rooms. All this just because we cannot actually be racing drivers.

And Forza/GT/iRacing/rFactor/Asseto Corsa/etc. provides realistic models of REAL WORLD TRACKS and allow us to drive on them with realistic models of REAL LIFE CARS.

So if a guy named Greg Murphy set a record of 2:06.859 at Mount Panorama in a Holden V8 Supercar, and you have at your disposal a virtual replica of Mount Panorama and a virtual replica of a Holden V8 Supercar, wouldn't you be curious to see how your driving skills compare to the best drivers on Earth?  Even if it's virtual and doesn't REALLY mean anything objectively, doesn't it at least mean something to YOU?

If we didn't care how we compare to real racing drivers we wouldn't even have bothered to buy this game. Those kind of people play Need for Speed, not simulators.

Sorry for the rambling but I'm just shocked you even asked something like that.
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: My Forza Motorsport Archive!!!   My Forza Motorsport Archive!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 6:08 pm

KraZe wrote:
Obelisk wrote:

Where do I even begin to answer that question...  Shocked 

The reason Turn10 even made the Forza series was for car and racing enthusiasts to be able to experience "the real thing" through a virtual world.

Many people including myself have both bought Forza games over the years, the more serious ones spend lots of money on steering wheels that have realistic force feedback, and (in my case) even H-pattern shifters with a clutch pedal as you would find in a real life car.  We practice hours on end because we love racing and enjoy the thought of honing our skills much the same way real racing drivers do.  We don't play because we want to be the best at this game, we do all this to bring ourselves as close as possible to the real thing from the safety of our rooms.  All this just because we cannot actually be racing drivers.

And Forza/GT/iRacing/rFactor/Asseto Corsa/etc. provides realistic models of REAL WORLD TRACKS and allow us to drive on them with realistic models of REAL LIFE CARS.

So if a guy named Greg Murphy set a record of 2:06.859 at Mount Panorama in a Holden V8 Supercar, and you have at your disposal a virtual replica of Mount Panorama and a virtual replica of a Holden V8 Supercar, wouldn't you be curious to see how your driving skills compare to the best drivers on Earth?  Even if it's virtual and doesn't REALLY mean anything objectively, doesn't it at least mean something to YOU?

If we didn't care how we compare to real racing drivers we wouldn't even have bothered to buy this game.  Those kind of people play Need for Speed, not simulators.

Sorry for the rambling but I'm just shocked you even asked something like that.

I have my reasons for asking, because it seems like every game has a bit of a deviance from the natural physics of Earth
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: My Forza Motorsport Archive!!!   My Forza Motorsport Archive!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 6:15 pm

Obelisk wrote:
I have my reasons for asking, because it seems like every game has a bit of a deviance from the natural physics of Earth

We're not playing Ridge Racer 7 or NFS Underground 2. It's not a perfect simulator but at least it's a good one. Even F1 drivers practice on driving simulators.

If I could afford it I'd buy it in a heartbeat.
Back to top Go down
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: My Forza Motorsport Archive!!!   My Forza Motorsport Archive!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 6:20 pm

Obelisk, its kind of obvious that the physics within racing simulators are going to fall on there face in places. The currently level of computing power in a single PC, and especially a console, is just not powerful enough for starters. Those F1 racing simulators that Kraze has linked too run from multiple high end PC's for instance, a few of them to run the physics and graphics, the rest to run the motion rig itself. Not to mention they physics in a game can only be as good as the person/people who programmed it, and since humans are flawed by nature, anything we make will be too. There is no way at all to reach any amount of perfection with anything that is man made; that is pure fact.
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: My Forza Motorsport Archive!!!   My Forza Motorsport Archive!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 6:22 pm

The best way, I would propose, to prove the time comparison is to take the same exact car and track conditions and drive.
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: My Forza Motorsport Archive!!!   My Forza Motorsport Archive!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 6:29 pm

Obelisk wrote:
The best way, I would propose, to prove the time comparison is to take the same exact car and track conditions and drive.

Oh ok, wait right here I'm just gonna go get my race car and travel to Australia.
Back to top Go down
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: My Forza Motorsport Archive!!!   My Forza Motorsport Archive!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 6:32 pm

KraZe wrote:
Obelisk wrote:

Oh ok, wait right here I'm just gonna go get my race car and travel to Australia.

Yeh I was just thinking I would raid the millions I have saved in the bank for a run around the real Bathurst in a Holden V8 supercar, fancy a race while we are there Kraze? Perhaps we can also jump over to Japan for a run down Mount Haruna while we are at it in a couple of Hachi's?
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: My Forza Motorsport Archive!!!   My Forza Motorsport Archive!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 6:33 pm

^har har.

Look, I just don't see the point in comparing times besides it's fun. By that, then...My pace around the Ring in a 300 BHP Honda S2000 is the same as a Porsche 911 GT2. There is a disparity between sim and real world, that was all I was trying to say.
Back to top Go down
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: My Forza Motorsport Archive!!!   My Forza Motorsport Archive!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 6:38 pm

Obelisk wrote:
^har har.

Look, I just don't see the point in comparing times besides it's fun.  By that, then...My pace around the Ring in a 300 BHP Honda S2000 is the same as a Porsche 911 GT2.  There is a disparity between sim and real world, that was all I was trying to say.

Actually if that example is from FM4 (or even FM3/FM2), the times wont match up no matter what you do. The simple reason being is that the Ring in the Forza series has always been wrong (which is why T10 have not put it in FM5), not to mention that most of the real world Nordschleife times are not for the whole track; as they often only run the clock from the first bridge up to the Gantry after the final corner!
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: My Forza Motorsport Archive!!!   My Forza Motorsport Archive!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 6:38 pm

Ialyrn wrote:
Yeh I was just thinking I would raid the millions I have saved in the bank for a run around the real Bathurst in a Holden V8 supercar, fancy a race while we are there Kraze? Perhaps we can also jump over to Japan for a run down Mount Haruna while we are at it in a couple of Hachi's?

Sounds sweet! But to race the Holden I need to get a CAMS National Circuit Competition Licence first. No biggie it'll only take me a couple of years and maybe a million dollars in sponsorship money.
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: My Forza Motorsport Archive!!!   My Forza Motorsport Archive!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 6:39 pm

Ialyrn wrote:
Obelisk wrote:
^har har.

Look, I just don't see the point in comparing times besides it's fun.  By that, then...My pace around the Ring in a 300 BHP Honda S2000 is the same as a Porsche 911 GT2.  There is a disparity between sim and real world, that was all I was trying to say.

Actually if that example is from FM4 (or even FM3/FM2), the times wont match up no matter what you do. The simple reason being is that the Ring in the Forza series has always been wrong (which is why T10 have not put it in FM5), not to mention that most of the real world Nordschleife times are not for the whole track; as they often only run the clock from the first bridge up to the Gantry after the final corner!
This is in Gran Turismo 5. It's supposedly a very serious simulator but I doubt that they even got the phycsics right.
Back to top Go down
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: My Forza Motorsport Archive!!!   My Forza Motorsport Archive!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 6:40 pm

KraZe wrote:
Ialyrn wrote:

Sounds sweet!  But to race the Holden I need to get a CAMS National Circuit Competition Licence first.  No biggie it'll only take me a couple of years and maybe a million dollars in sponsorship money.

Ah nuts, I forgot about that. Still up for Mount Haruna though? Im sure we can pay off the local law enforcement and government officials to shut the road down for us. 3 hours should be enough right?
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: My Forza Motorsport Archive!!!   My Forza Motorsport Archive!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 6:41 pm

Obelisk wrote:
By that, then...My pace around the Ring in a 300 BHP Honda S2000 is the same as a Porsche 911 GT2.

A Porsche 911 GT2 RS can lap the ring in 7:18. Even in FM4 or GT are you anywhere near that...
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: My Forza Motorsport Archive!!!   My Forza Motorsport Archive!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 6:46 pm

Ialyrn wrote:
Ah nuts, I forgot about that. Still up for Mount Haruna though? Im sure we can pay off the local law enforcement and government officials to shut the road down for us. 3 hours should be enough right?

Hell yeah! I thought you'd never ask! Let me get my Eurobeat CD collection yo we be blastin' down the mountain at full dorifuto
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: My Forza Motorsport Archive!!!   My Forza Motorsport Archive!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 6:48 pm

KraZe wrote:
Obelisk wrote:
By that, then...My pace around the Ring in a 300 BHP Honda S2000 is the same as a Porsche 911 GT2.

A Porsche 911 GT2 RS can lap the ring in 7:18.  Even in FM4 or GT are you anywhere near that...

Wikipedia says it's 7:46.
Back to top Go down
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: My Forza Motorsport Archive!!!   My Forza Motorsport Archive!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 6:52 pm

Obelisk wrote:
KraZe wrote:
Obelisk wrote:

A Porsche 911 GT2 RS can lap the ring in 7:18.  Even in FM4 or GT are you anywhere near that...

Wikipedia says it's 7:46.

Oh my god Obelisk, Wiki is the worst place to go on the net for true information!!!

http://nurburgringlaptimes.com/lap-times/lap-times-top-100/

This is where you need to be looking.
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: My Forza Motorsport Archive!!!   My Forza Motorsport Archive!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 6:58 pm

Even a FWD hatchback can set a time like that with the right driver and probably race slicks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Forza Motorsport Archive!!!   My Forza Motorsport Archive!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Forza Motorsport Archive!!!
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next