Touge Union
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport's Touge Community

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

American Iron showdown

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
BeamierMoth
Tofu Delivery Driver

American Iron showdown Empty
PostSubject: American Iron showdown   American Iron showdown Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 8:42 am

Just a thought to deviate from japanese cars on japanese tracks - who'd be interested in a NASA American Iron (AI) class race? It'd run on Laguna Seca, be A600, use max width 285 (because 275 isn't always an option with murrikan muscle in FM4) tires, and be open to anything that's FR, 'Murrikan, and ready to rumble. (There's also a 100 inch wheelbase minimum, I think the only cars that'd count out are the Pinto/Pacer/Sky).

Of course vast deviations would be allowed because Forza. Want to ride in a Viper? Fits the bill but comes with steamrollers. Go ahead, just don't widen your factory tires.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: American Iron showdown   American Iron showdown Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 11:26 am

dont widen your factory tires? thats not fair since most newer cars have wide tires already
Back to top Go down
BeamierMoth
Tofu Delivery Driver

PostSubject: Re: American Iron showdown   American Iron showdown Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 11:36 am

No, I mean, if your tires are over 285, don't widen them - if they're thinner, widen them to a maximum of 285. That seems fair to me - The Viper then, for example, gets tires about 50mm wider than other cars right off the bat. Which it needs, because it's a rocket powered bathtub.
Back to top Go down
Peacock
Kaido Aficionado
Peacock

PostSubject: Re: American Iron showdown   American Iron showdown Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 11:40 am

Id be down that sounds like fun. How many laps?
Back to top Go down
BeamierMoth
Tofu Delivery Driver

PostSubject: Re: American Iron showdown   American Iron showdown Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 11:49 am

I'd say 30 if we could, 15 if people can't guarantee that much time - at 30 laps, it should be about 40-45 minutes. If it's a hit, we could do a few more AI races. If there's much interest I'll post up a rule set; all I know right now is no race transmissions. I wanna hear those 3/4 speeds roar (if anyone goes oldschool). 7,000 rpm sounds all the sweeter when it hangs there.
Back to top Go down
Velarys
Kaido Aficionado

PostSubject: Re: American Iron showdown   American Iron showdown Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 12:40 pm

I'd be down for this.
Back to top Go down
SladeZer0
Wakaba
SladeZer0

PostSubject: Re: American Iron showdown   American Iron showdown Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 12:55 pm

I might be up for this. I don't particularly care for the no race trans rule though lol.
Back to top Go down
BeamierMoth
Tofu Delivery Driver

PostSubject: Re: American Iron showdown   American Iron showdown Icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 11:25 am

Well, here's how it should go the way I see it:

We want to divulge as much as possible from the light, agile, precision machines we're used to - and be forced to steer with the throttle.

A600
-285 width tires (unless the car you chose has wider, that's cool)

Minimum weight 2,700 (I don't think we've any worry there, lol)

No race transmissions - rear gears are fine, but not every class allows custom cross trannies. Expect to use all 4 of your gears if you go oldschool, but for the new cars, 6th is probably nothing but an mpg gear and will be useless even with the final drive max'd to accel.

If you use Aero, we'll have to penalize you somewhat...Say, max A585 to help make up for your new found godlike turning abilities.

Anyone up for it? We can start a sign up sheet. As it stands it appears it's just me and possible one other person.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: American Iron showdown   American Iron showdown Icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 11:56 am

Well I have a a class dart ready for when ever
Back to top Go down
Peacock
Kaido Aficionado
Peacock

PostSubject: Re: American Iron showdown   American Iron showdown Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2013 10:58 pm

im in. just tuning up the stingray tp see how she swims
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: American Iron showdown   American Iron showdown Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

American Iron showdown
Page 1 of 1