Touge Union
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport's Touge Community

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ideas for TougeBattles?

Go down 
+3
Calsonic
Rotary
KraZe
7 posters
AuthorMessage
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

Ideas for TougeBattles? Empty
PostSubject: Ideas for TougeBattles?   Ideas for TougeBattles? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 5:09 pm

READ OR DIE

I am sure some of you know about GameBattles or were a part of the competition hype at some point in your gaming career (probably with Halo or Call of Duty). I am proposing a TougeBattles leaderboard on the Battle Lounge forum (I posted this here because this is only a draft).

What is the TougeBattles leaderboard?
Since a Battle Lounge exists for players to officially challenge each other, I thought it would be a cool idea to create a leaderboard where players are numbered in ascending order from the most wins to the most losses.

What would the TougeBattles leaderboard look like?
Example:
1) Bunta Fujiwara......................∞ - 0
2) Takumi Fujiwara...................15 - 0
3) Keisuke Takahashi.................8 - 1
4) Ryosuke Takahashi................2 - 1
5) Kyoichi Sudo...........................0 - 3

For the records to be legitimate, the battle results NEED to be recorded in the Personal Record Database OR the Team Record Database for a TougeBattles TEAM leaderboard.

I believe this is a great way to get drivers motivated for racing in the touge against competitive opponents who are also aiming to be at the top of the leaderboards.

The sooner this becomes official the better because as of now nobody has made a database in the Battle Lounge, thus making it easier to update the board when somebody makes a new one.

For fairness, people who have never battled before CANNOT be on the leaderboard. This is because it would be unfair to anyone who has battled and lost. Imagine being ranked lower than someone who has never raced, sucks doesn't it? Neutral

My fear is that people won't want to do official battles for fear of being ranked at the bottom of the leaderboard if they lose. Sad I don't want this to happen so that is why this is a mere draft.

If you have any ideas on how to improve this then post it! Very Happy

Also if you think this is a bad idea please post your reasons, I am very open to criticism Razz

Last edited by KraZe on Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:44 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Rotary
Tofu Delivery Driver
Rotary

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for TougeBattles?   Ideas for TougeBattles? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 5:18 pm

I have had the go ahead for a ladder on the Aussie gaming website cybergamer, just need to get proof of interest. Personally i prefer the layout on cybergamer.
Back to top Go down
Calsonic
Tofu Delivery Driver

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for TougeBattles?   Ideas for TougeBattles? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 5:30 pm

Haha I love the infinity sign by Bunta's name! It's only right!

I know you've already said it, but I say do it a bit more like GB and start everyone at 1,000 XP and make a table for how much XP someone will gain and lose, depending on who they battle. The leader board is a great idea. Smile
Back to top Go down
Rotary
Tofu Delivery Driver
Rotary

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for TougeBattles?   Ideas for TougeBattles? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 5:31 pm

With the site i can get us a ladder on you can choose to have it as a points system like GB or you can choose to have a you win you overtake method. I.E. 5th place vs 1st, 5th wins, he goes to first, and 1st goes to 2nd.
Back to top Go down
Ryosuke Takahashi
Water Spiller

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for TougeBattles?   Ideas for TougeBattles? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 5:38 pm

It can easily be done in Google Docs. It'd look similar to this. Very easy to edit. Type in some numbers and it re orders it for you.

This is what I use for my Great Debate drift tourney over on FM.net.

I can also open it up so moderators can edit the brackets also.

Ideas for TougeBattles? Standingspicture-1
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Insertgamertag
Calsonic
Tofu Delivery Driver

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for TougeBattles?   Ideas for TougeBattles? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 5:51 pm

Ryosuke, please make me a sig of Fujiwara's 86 like that. I'll get you a pic later this week.

Last edited by Calsonic on Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for TougeBattles?   Ideas for TougeBattles? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 5:52 pm

^Lol @ the thought of Takumi's 86 with a RedSuns badge
Back to top Go down
Rotary
Tofu Delivery Driver
Rotary

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for TougeBattles?   Ideas for TougeBattles? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 5:57 pm

KraZe wrote:
^Lol @ the thought of Takumi's 86 with a RedSuns badge

What i was thinking.
Back to top Go down
MiNd
Founder
MiNd

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for TougeBattles?   Ideas for TougeBattles? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 6:01 pm

Well actually Kraze, I was planning on making this or incorporating this.

On the player records, we were going to order them with the win % so it basically would be the same thing

Last edited by MiNdChArGeR on Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for TougeBattles?   Ideas for TougeBattles? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 6:07 pm

^Ah that's cool I didn't know Razz then that works out too I guess
Back to top Go down
Rotary
Tofu Delivery Driver
Rotary

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for TougeBattles?   Ideas for TougeBattles? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 6:07 pm

How will you get Gamebattles to put this ladder up though?
Back to top Go down
MiNd
Founder
MiNd

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for TougeBattles?   Ideas for TougeBattles? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 6:10 pm

KraZe wrote:
^Ah that's cool I didn't know Razz then that works out too I guess

I also have been using gamebattles for quite a long time so if ya wanna shoot some ideas with to me, we can think of a cool way do make it work, PM your ideas and what your thinking
Back to top Go down
Rotary
Tofu Delivery Driver
Rotary

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for TougeBattles?   Ideas for TougeBattles? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 6:15 pm

http://www.cybergamer.com.au/xbox360/forza4/ladder/

That's what the cybergamer ladder will look like, if i get maybe 10 people sign something i should be able to get a ladder.
Back to top Go down
MiNd
Founder
MiNd

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for TougeBattles?   Ideas for TougeBattles? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 6:20 pm

Rotary wrote:
http://www.cybergamer.com.au/xbox360/forza4/ladder/

That's what the cybergamer ladder will look like, if i get maybe 10 people sign something i should be able to get a ladder.

An Official Ladder I don't think would work and also be complicated, I've seen how gamebattles does it, and its something that would be difficult.

Making our own on here would be enough
Back to top Go down
Rotary
Tofu Delivery Driver
Rotary

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for TougeBattles?   Ideas for TougeBattles? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 6:29 pm

Ah ok fair enough, it's just that i could probably get Admin on there.
Back to top Go down
MiNd
Founder
MiNd

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for TougeBattles?   Ideas for TougeBattles? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 6:37 pm

Rotary wrote:
Ah ok fair enough, it's just that i could probably get Admin on there.

Plus linking people to another site won't be easy, we need to get people on here first Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ryosuke Takahashi
Water Spiller

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for TougeBattles?   Ideas for TougeBattles? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 7:06 pm

Ryosuke Takahashi wrote:
It can easily be done in Google Docs. It'd look similar to this. Very easy to edit. Type in some numbers and it re orders it for you.

This is what I use for my Great Debate drift tourney over on FM.net.

I can also open it up so moderators can edit the brackets also.

Ideas for TougeBattles? Standingspicture-1

Again I had this idea. You click on the series standings.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Insertgamertag
Calsonic
Tofu Delivery Driver

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for TougeBattles?   Ideas for TougeBattles? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 7:12 pm

I was kidding haha. I wouldn't want that. I would like a sig with an 86 in it though. Smile
Back to top Go down
betadood
Touge Enthusiast
betadood

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for TougeBattles?   Ideas for TougeBattles? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 8:21 pm

The site I like to use is, http://forzastats.com/Player You can just type in a players gamertag and it gives you all the times they have set as long as they are in the top 300 on a certain track.
Back to top Go down
http://forzastats.com/Player/Betadood
Rotary
Tofu Delivery Driver
Rotary

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for TougeBattles?   Ideas for TougeBattles? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 8:43 pm

betadood wrote:
The site I like to use is, http://forzastats.com/Player You can just type in a players gamertag and it gives you all the times they have set as long as they are in the top 300 on a certain track.

Whats the difference between Hardcore and standard?
Back to top Go down
MiNd
Founder
MiNd

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for TougeBattles?   Ideas for TougeBattles? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 8:49 pm

Rotary wrote:
betadood wrote:

I think hardcore gets rid of leaderboard cars or something like that.
Back to top Go down
betadood
Touge Enthusiast
betadood

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for TougeBattles?   Ideas for TougeBattles? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 8:59 pm

Rotary wrote:

Honestly? I don't really know myself. Thought it was either certain cars or difficulty settings but that appears to not be the case.
Back to top Go down
Wilson
Founder
Wilson

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for TougeBattles?   Ideas for TougeBattles? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 11:08 pm

hard core is based off of not using assists
but sim steer and braking only line don't count because they wouldn't have a leader bored if they did

i have 4 no1 times in hardcore because i dont use traction control or with clutch in higher classes
here is a good example of what i mean
http://forzastats.com/Leaderboard/P2P/R3/Fujimi%20Kaido%20New%20Down%20Hill

http://forzastats.com/Player/Wilson%20x
Back to top Go down
betadood
Touge Enthusiast
betadood

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for TougeBattles?   Ideas for TougeBattles? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 3:27 pm

Wilsonspec wrote:
hard core is based off of not using assists
but sim steer and braking only line don't count because they wouldn't have a leader bored if they did

i have 4 no1 times in hardcore because i dont use traction control or with clutch in higher classes
here is a good example of what i mean
http://forzastats.com/Leaderboard/P2P/R3/Fujimi%20Kaido%20New%20Down%20Hill

http://forzastats.com/Player/Wilson%20x

Well that explains it, the site can be a bit confusing sometimes. Another question, whats with those circles near the top of someones profile? I can only assume they are gamertags or something.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for TougeBattles?   Ideas for TougeBattles? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ideas for TougeBattles?
Page 1 of 1