Touge Union
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport's Touge Community

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Competition Ideas

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
MiNd
Founder
MiNd

Competition Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Competition Ideas   Competition Ideas Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2015 3:53 pm

So I was looking at hosting a competition, but something other than just the typical
"everyone hop in their fastest car" same old thing we have done a bunch.

I want to host something that will give more of a fair shot for the new comers. One of my ideas was to make it a S Chassis challenge (S13,S14,S15,240sx) as they all have very similar capabilities. However, I am open to any ideas but would like to keep it as a battle competition and not a time trial.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

Competition Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Competition Ideas   Competition Ideas Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2015 4:03 pm

MiNd wrote:
So I was looking at hosting a competition, but something other than just the typical
"everyone hop in their fastest car" same old thing we have done a bunch.

I want to host something that will give more of a fair shot for the new comers. One of my ideas was to make it a S Chassis challenge (S13,S14,S15,240sx) as they all have very similar capabilities. However, I am open to any ideas but would like to keep it as a battle competition and not a time trial.

Thoughts?

This would be a heck of a lot easier to pull off in GT6 due to the hundreds of MX5 clones and stuff. I still support this, but I think make it more a brand/drivetrain thing. I.E. Nissan FF cars.
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

Competition Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Competition Ideas   Competition Ideas Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2015 4:33 pm

To add to that, I vote to do it anywhere other than New Downhill since it's so overdone. Stages are fine too.
Back to top Go down
MiNd
Founder
MiNd

Competition Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Competition Ideas   Competition Ideas Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2015 4:52 pm

Oh yeah!, I forgot about that, I think we decided on A Reverse as the section, just because its a short and fun section with a exciting finishing point.
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

Competition Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Competition Ideas   Competition Ideas Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2015 9:23 pm

Yeah A-rev should be good. Also the starting point is so wide I think we should do it First Stage style, side-by-side start with just 1 round. That way we can do many battles in a single lobby in less than an hour.
Back to top Go down
bukkaz
Fujiwara
bukkaz

Competition Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Competition Ideas   Competition Ideas Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2015 12:38 am

Yeah side by side dash should be good, but the car with better acceleration has the inside of the first hairpin
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

Competition Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Competition Ideas   Competition Ideas Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2015 1:19 am

Then have the car with better acceleration start on the left side of the road. It'll even out somewhat but the guy on the inside will have an absolute advantage unless he sucks at braking or defensive driving.
Back to top Go down
MiNd
Founder
MiNd

Competition Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Competition Ideas   Competition Ideas Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2015 8:03 am

So we got the course, and the battle rules.

Now for the car selection, ideas for that?
I was thinking a selection of a few cars like S Chassis so you have 4 cars to choose from, and they are relatively similar in known limits.

Or we could limit to one particular car?
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

Competition Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Competition Ideas   Competition Ideas Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2015 8:06 am

MiNd wrote:
So we got the course, and the battle rules.

Now for the car selection, ideas for that?
I was thinking a selection of a few cars like S Chassis so you have 4 cars to choose from, and they are relatively similar in known limits.

Or we could limit to one particular car?
You should ban drivetrain/engine swaps. Someone could swap out an AWD drivetrain and get better acceleration out of every turn, which could put the other driver at a disadvantage.
Back to top Go down
MiNd
Founder
MiNd

Competition Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Competition Ideas   Competition Ideas Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2015 8:25 am

There are very few cars in B class that can be improved with AWD. I only can think of 2, and both I haven't seen anyone drive in a long time.

Any other car besides these 2 AWD ones with basically gain the lead off the launch but quickly be overtaken pretty quickly due to their lack of speed and weight. Only advantage would be the launch.

Last edited by MiNd on Wed May 20, 2015 8:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

Competition Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Competition Ideas   Competition Ideas Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2015 8:27 am

The Datsun 510 is an interesting case, where it gets better and worse at the same time on an AWD swap.

I'd still keep it to manufacture/drivetrain or even specific models within a certain PI range.
Back to top Go down
MiNd
Founder
MiNd

Competition Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Competition Ideas   Competition Ideas Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2015 8:32 am

Obelisk wrote:
The Datsun 510 is an interesting case, where it gets better and worse at the same time on an AWD swap.

I'd still keep it to manufacture/drivetrain or even specific models within a certain PI range.

That is one of the two I had in mind. So yeah I might have to ban drivetrain swaps. If we allowed that car with AWD, then we would have to allow many more cars that are capable of hitting those high times....which is basically everyone run their best car.

I want a selection of cars that are very close, which is hard to find. Like if we restricted to MR cars, it would quickly turn into a MR-S fest!
Back to top Go down
MiNd
Founder
MiNd

Competition Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Competition Ideas   Competition Ideas Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2015 8:44 am

Maybe limiting to sports tires?
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

Competition Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Competition Ideas   Competition Ideas Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2015 8:46 am

MiNd wrote:
Obelisk wrote:

That is one of the two I had in mind. So yeah I might have to ban drivetrain swaps. If we allowed that car with AWD, then we would have to allow many more cars that are capable of hitting those high times....which is basically everyone run their best car.

I want a selection of cars that are very close, which is hard to find. Like if we restricted to MR cars, it would quickly turn into a MR-S fest!

In the case of that latter point, you could just say "MR toyotas" or MR whatever brand.  That in a way prevents the "run the best car" scenario.

And I think tire restrictions might not be a valid thing in Forza lobbies. You'd have to check everyone's tunes to make sure they didn't sneak racing tires onto their cars.
Back to top Go down
MiNd
Founder
MiNd

Competition Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Competition Ideas   Competition Ideas Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2015 8:54 am

Obelisk wrote:

In the case of that latter point, you could just say "MR toyotas" or MR whatever brand.  That in a way prevents the "run the best car" scenario.

And I think tire restrictions might not be a valid thing in Forza lobbies.  You'd have to check everyone's tunes to make sure they didn't sneak racing tires onto their cars.

The MR2 and MR-S are both Toyotas...
Most people would pick the MR-S over the MR2. Personally I would choose the MR2 except for the fact is has a horrible hitbox.
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

Competition Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Competition Ideas   Competition Ideas Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2015 8:56 am

MiNd wrote:
Obelisk wrote:

And I think tire restrictions might not be a valid thing in Forza lobbies.  You'd have to check everyone's tunes to make sure they didn't sneak racing tires onto their cars.

The MR2 and MR-S are both Toyotas...
Most people would pick the MR-S over the MR2. Personally I would choose the MR2 except for the fact is has a horrible hitbox.
It was just an example. There are some other MR cars but I forget them at the moment.
Back to top Go down
MiNd
Founder
MiNd

Competition Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Competition Ideas   Competition Ideas Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2015 8:12 am

Any opposed to a Silvia Challenge on A-R, B500 obviously with side by side starts. Post and spread the word if interested.

If enough people are interested but want to run other cars, maybe we can open it up to all cars as this may benefit the newer guys, but it also benefits the veterans.
Back to top Go down
galeforce97
Water Spiller

Competition Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Competition Ideas   Competition Ideas Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2015 10:52 am

I'd be up for this. I haven't played forward or been on the forum for a long time but I would try and get involved if this starts up
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Competition Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Competition Ideas   Competition Ideas Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Competition Ideas
Page 1 of 1