Touge Union
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport's Touge Community

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

FM6 GameStop booth Challenge at Tidewater Comicon

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Koolaid
Touge Veteran
Koolaid

FM6 GameStop booth Challenge at Tidewater Comicon Empty
PostSubject: FM6 GameStop booth Challenge at Tidewater Comicon   FM6 GameStop booth Challenge at Tidewater Comicon Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2016 7:10 pm

Well I was a a local Comicon this weekend and while walking around with my girlfriend who works at GameStop, she recognized the Microsoft rep at the booth and got to talking. She said she was helping out with the Forza Challenge where the top 3 racers of the day wins prizes at 5pm. Granted i haven't raced seriously in Forza in years, i nudged my girlfriend saying "hmm well i did play for quite a bit" in a modest manner and she urged me to try. So while waiting in line I was hearing most the guy talk and it seemed like they were knowledgeable but as i started to talk technical terms in racing they seemed to be confused as to what i was saying lol. The race was set to the Bernese Alps in the Ferrari Italia but i found out from talking to the guys waiting that there was AI, brake assist, abs, traction, the whole shabang as if the very first demo race when you load up a forza game. I finally get up there switch to cockpit view unlike most of the people who tried, weaved thru all the AI without any taps, and only tapped a few walls due to the auto brake forcing you to understeer out. Well the time to beat was 1.59.7, came across the line disappointed at running 2.01.xx then the actual lap time dropped at 1.57.6 easily beating the current lap record set by 2 seconds. By the time I hit the last corner I remember hearing everyone saying,"WTF?!" "who the fuck is this guy?! dammit!" All because the previous record had been there all morning while I beat it 45minutes till the cut off and with only one run. Anxiety set in so we walked it off and came back 15 minutes till to find everyone was still at it. The guys were all good sports, and i tried to be as modest as i can but the closest anyone got was a low 1.59 with me having the fastest time i walked a away with a bunch of goodies.

- XBOX One Covert Ops Controller
- XBOX 360 Halo CE (LOL)
- Fallout 4 XBOX One skin
- Halo 5 stressball
- XBOX One Chapstick...
- A ton of small accessories, keychains, pins, etc

Honestly it was a ton of fun, and I kinda wanted to race a bit more because I'm sure i could've dropped maybe another 3 seconds at the least. I was happy, I ended up getting my moneys worth out of the con since it was relatively cheap and i walked out with a nice controller :p

FM6 GameStop booth Challenge at Tidewater Comicon CjCGbIWWEAAD6PM

FM6 GameStop booth Challenge at Tidewater Comicon CjCHCWDWkAAB8Kw
Back to top Go down
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: FM6 GameStop booth Challenge at Tidewater Comicon   FM6 GameStop booth Challenge at Tidewater Comicon Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2016 11:06 am

lol, just imagine if you had run it without the assists on; they wouldn't have stood a chance at all.
Back to top Go down
MiNd
Founder
MiNd

PostSubject: Re: FM6 GameStop booth Challenge at Tidewater Comicon   FM6 GameStop booth Challenge at Tidewater Comicon Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2016 8:36 pm

Racing challenge with autobrake....The fuck?

Easy swag for you tho lol
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: FM6 GameStop booth Challenge at Tidewater Comicon   FM6 GameStop booth Challenge at Tidewater Comicon Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2016 7:53 am

Bahaha! I pulled a similar stunt during the New England International Auto Show last year. Hyundai had a special GT6 stall set up to demonstrate their Genesis 3.8 coupe and there was a big line to try it. I have had absolutely no experience with a wheel before this, and I ended up being the only one to beat the challenge (I believe around 4-5 minute timer and two laps around High Speed Ring.) I bumped a car and wall on the first turn, but that was my only real error. They had all the assists on, too... Skid recovery, auto-brake, etc.

Here's my video:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FM6 GameStop booth Challenge at Tidewater Comicon   FM6 GameStop booth Challenge at Tidewater Comicon Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FM6 GameStop booth Challenge at Tidewater Comicon
Page 1 of 1