Touge Union
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport's Touge Community

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[Competition]January A-Class Uphill Battle! - ROUND 3 BRACKET UP!

Go down 
+14
Koolaid
jusputitonmytab
Smooth92
Mulchy
betadood
bigfoot
StrawberryGL
Avanti
Rotary
Konasumi
SaintedPlacebo4
Wilson
KraZe
MiNd
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

[Competition]January A-Class Uphill Battle! - ROUND 3 BRACKET UP! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Competition]January A-Class Uphill Battle! - ROUND 3 BRACKET UP!   [Competition]January A-Class Uphill Battle! - ROUND 3 BRACKET UP! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 12:41 pm

Hahaha lol ok I was just imagining scenarios where staying behind bumper-to-bumper at the finish or overtaking at any point before equates to the same weighted win for that round. But I can see ways an automatic win or loss for a battle can be exploited. Sad
Back to top Go down
MiNd
Founder
MiNd

[Competition]January A-Class Uphill Battle! - ROUND 3 BRACKET UP! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Competition]January A-Class Uphill Battle! - ROUND 3 BRACKET UP!   [Competition]January A-Class Uphill Battle! - ROUND 3 BRACKET UP! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 12:51 pm

KraZe wrote:
Hahaha lol ok I was just imagining scenarios where staying behind bumper-to-bumper at the finish or overtaking at any point before equates to the same weighted win for that round. But I can see ways an automatic win or loss for a battle can be exploited. Sad

Yeah, any mid race win/loss I personally think is exploitable and has no benefits. How much fun is it to watch a 10 second race where someone just takes off gains 200 ft and battle over lol
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: [Competition]January A-Class Uphill Battle! - ROUND 3 BRACKET UP!   [Competition]January A-Class Uphill Battle! - ROUND 3 BRACKET UP! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 1:20 pm

If a 200ft gap resulted in an auto win then I would've lost against Koolaid because he gained a 350ft gap on me at one point during the 2nd race before I could close it back up to 0ft right at the end! Laughing But what I really meant to say was that you said the winner must win two rounds in a row, but that's in a cat & mouse fashion I'm guessing. Do you think that an overtake where the original leader (now chasing) cannot regain the lead before the finish line deserves a K.O. win that eliminates a 2nd race with reversed positions? This would make it so that you have to think and choose carefully about which position you want to be in for the 1st race. This is the same as Initial D so I don't see why not...
Back to top Go down
MiNd
Founder
MiNd

PostSubject: Re: [Competition]January A-Class Uphill Battle! - ROUND 3 BRACKET UP!   [Competition]January A-Class Uphill Battle! - ROUND 3 BRACKET UP! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 1:29 pm

KraZe wrote:
If a 200ft gap resulted in an auto win then I would've lost against Koolaid because he gained a 350ft gap on me at one point during the 2nd race before I could close it back up to 0ft right at the end! Laughing But what I really meant to say was that you said the winner must win two rounds in a row, but that's in a cat & mouse fashion I'm guessing. Do you think that an overtake where the original leader (now chasing) cannot regain the lead before the finish line deserves a K.O. win that eliminates a 2nd race with reversed positions? This would make it so that you have to think and choose carefully about which position you want to be in for the 1st race. This is the same as Initial D so I don't see why not...

Yeah, I agree with that.

Some people I've seen in the past think the auto win thing is from initial D, but a few of the battles have mulitple overtakes. Like me personally, love the 86 vs 86 (Waturu) battle because cat and mouse and the winner is the one who overtakes the other and keeps it till the end of the run. This leads to many runs and an intense battle!
Back to top Go down
bukkaz
Fujiwara
bukkaz

PostSubject: Re: [Competition]January A-Class Uphill Battle! - ROUND 3 BRACKET UP!   [Competition]January A-Class Uphill Battle! - ROUND 3 BRACKET UP! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 3:11 pm

MiNdChArGeR wrote:
KraZe wrote:

Yeah, I agree with that.

Some people I've seen in the past think the auto win thing is from initial D, but a few of the battles have mulitple overtakes. Like me personally, love the 86 vs 86 (Waturu) battle because cat and mouse and the winner is the one who overtakes the other and keeps it till the end of the run. This leads to many runs and an intense battle!
im looking fot a battle like that with someone. If anyone is interested let me know Smile
Back to top Go down
lousteezy
Wakaba
lousteezy

PostSubject: Re: [Competition]January A-Class Uphill Battle! - ROUND 3 BRACKET UP!   [Competition]January A-Class Uphill Battle! - ROUND 3 BRACKET UP! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 7:38 pm

Swear I missed this. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://rev-match.tumblr.com
Avanti
Kaido Aficionado
Avanti

PostSubject: Re: [Competition]January A-Class Uphill Battle! - ROUND 3 BRACKET UP!   [Competition]January A-Class Uphill Battle! - ROUND 3 BRACKET UP! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 11:29 pm

RD Avanti won against Jusputitonmytab 2 out of 2

Back to top Go down
jusputitonmytab
Mountain Pass Master
jusputitonmytab

PostSubject: Re: [Competition]January A-Class Uphill Battle! - ROUND 3 BRACKET UP!   [Competition]January A-Class Uphill Battle! - ROUND 3 BRACKET UP! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 11:32 pm

Avanti takes the win on both battles!

Battle 1: Avanti was able to stick to my rear bumper the entire track.
Battle 2: I was able to hang around for first half, but then Avanti left me in the dust.

I'll see if I can get a video together of the battles over the weekend.

EDIT: Haha, beat me to it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/JUSPUTITONMYTAB
MiNd
Founder
MiNd

PostSubject: Re: [Competition]January A-Class Uphill Battle! - ROUND 3 BRACKET UP!   [Competition]January A-Class Uphill Battle! - ROUND 3 BRACKET UP! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 1:28 am

I leave round 1 open for another day or so, but then move onto round 2!
Back to top Go down
Wilson
Founder
Wilson

PostSubject: Re: [Competition]January A-Class Uphill Battle! - ROUND 3 BRACKET UP!   [Competition]January A-Class Uphill Battle! - ROUND 3 BRACKET UP! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 1:56 am

Ed gets a Bye
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: [Competition]January A-Class Uphill Battle! - ROUND 3 BRACKET UP!   [Competition]January A-Class Uphill Battle! - ROUND 3 BRACKET UP! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 3:57 am

So I'm racing you then huh?

Last edited by KraZe on Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MiNd
Founder
MiNd

PostSubject: Re: [Competition]January A-Class Uphill Battle! - ROUND 3 BRACKET UP!   [Competition]January A-Class Uphill Battle! - ROUND 3 BRACKET UP! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 11:24 pm

Alright so every battle should be done by now, 1 week is now open for the 2nd round!

[Competition]January A-Class Uphill Battle! - ROUND 3 BRACKET UP! - Page 4 Round210
Back to top Go down
Avanti
Kaido Aficionado
Avanti

PostSubject: Re: [Competition]January A-Class Uphill Battle! - ROUND 3 BRACKET UP!   [Competition]January A-Class Uphill Battle! - ROUND 3 BRACKET UP! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 12:23 am

Me & Mulchy?

[Competition]January A-Class Uphill Battle! - ROUND 3 BRACKET UP! - Page 4 Challe10
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: [Competition]January A-Class Uphill Battle! - ROUND 3 BRACKET UP!   [Competition]January A-Class Uphill Battle! - ROUND 3 BRACKET UP! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 12:35 am

Wait WHAT?? What happened to Wilson Question I swore I thought Ed lost!?
Back to top Go down
MiNd
Founder
MiNd

PostSubject: Re: [Competition]January A-Class Uphill Battle! - ROUND 3 BRACKET UP!   [Competition]January A-Class Uphill Battle! - ROUND 3 BRACKET UP! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 12:41 am

Wilson didn't have time, so he forfeited Sad
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: [Competition]January A-Class Uphill Battle! - ROUND 3 BRACKET UP!   [Competition]January A-Class Uphill Battle! - ROUND 3 BRACKET UP! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 12:47 am

MiNdChArGeR wrote:
Wilson didn't have time, so he forfeited Sad
I wasn't expecting this. Well now, Me vs Ed eh? Now I'm REALLY looking forward to this battle Very Happy
Back to top Go down
betadood
Touge Enthusiast
betadood

PostSubject: Re: [Competition]January A-Class Uphill Battle! - ROUND 3 BRACKET UP!   [Competition]January A-Class Uphill Battle! - ROUND 3 BRACKET UP! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 7:34 pm

Well I guess I got the bye huh, but that means...
Felon wrote:
Twisted Evil
Ohhhh noooo
Back to top Go down
http://forzastats.com/Player/Betadood
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: [Competition]January A-Class Uphill Battle! - ROUND 3 BRACKET UP!   [Competition]January A-Class Uphill Battle! - ROUND 3 BRACKET UP! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 8:08 pm

Edward, I'm probably only going to be online on the weekends so let's do the race Saturday.
Back to top Go down
bigfoot
Touge Enthusiast
bigfoot

PostSubject: Re: [Competition]January A-Class Uphill Battle! - ROUND 3 BRACKET UP!   [Competition]January A-Class Uphill Battle! - ROUND 3 BRACKET UP! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 3:20 pm

bigfoot wins 2/2
awesome battle
no replays but it should be on twitch
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: [Competition]January A-Class Uphill Battle! - ROUND 3 BRACKET UP!   [Competition]January A-Class Uphill Battle! - ROUND 3 BRACKET UP! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 3:24 pm

Kona LOST!? NNNNOOOOOOoooooo!!!!!! Crying or Very sad
Must have been an intense match!
Congratz Bigfoot
Back to top Go down
bigfoot
Touge Enthusiast
bigfoot

PostSubject: Re: [Competition]January A-Class Uphill Battle! - ROUND 3 BRACKET UP!   [Competition]January A-Class Uphill Battle! - ROUND 3 BRACKET UP! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 3:26 pm

my heart hadnt beat that hard in a while lol
Back to top Go down
Konasumi
Touge Veteran
Konasumi

PostSubject: Re: [Competition]January A-Class Uphill Battle! - ROUND 3 BRACKET UP!   [Competition]January A-Class Uphill Battle! - ROUND 3 BRACKET UP! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 3:38 pm

That was fun. BTW the video is here. Start at 00:32:22. The video quality is really bad with audio quality but the battle was there. Nice racing BigFoot and good luck in the tournament!

http://www.twitch.tv/konasumi/b/361692783
Back to top Go down
MiNd
Founder
MiNd

PostSubject: Re: [Competition]January A-Class Uphill Battle! - ROUND 3 BRACKET UP!   [Competition]January A-Class Uphill Battle! - ROUND 3 BRACKET UP! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 3:41 pm

KraZe wrote:
Congratz Bigfoot

His Z is Rwd and since it has like 300hp, it is quite tailhappy. But I must say kona did do pretty good job of keeping it under control!
Back to top Go down
Konasumi
Touge Veteran
Konasumi

PostSubject: Re: [Competition]January A-Class Uphill Battle! - ROUND 3 BRACKET UP!   [Competition]January A-Class Uphill Battle! - ROUND 3 BRACKET UP! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 4:58 pm

MiNdChArGeR wrote:
KraZe wrote:
Congratz Bigfoot

His Z is Rwd and since it has like 300hp, it is quite tailhappy. But I must say kona did do pretty good job of keeping it under control!

Thanks! That Z is hard to keep on the road. I just need to dig deeper with Z and maybe I will hit some gold.
Back to top Go down
MiNd
Founder
MiNd

PostSubject: Re: [Competition]January A-Class Uphill Battle! - ROUND 3 BRACKET UP!   [Competition]January A-Class Uphill Battle! - ROUND 3 BRACKET UP! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 6:39 pm

Felon wrote:
MiNdChArGeR wrote:
KraZe wrote:
Congratz Bigfoot

huh? my RWD 69z has like 430HP lol

I was just estimating, I guess I meant to put 300+, even at 300 its quite a bit to handle in that lightweight car.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Competition]January A-Class Uphill Battle! - ROUND 3 BRACKET UP!   [Competition]January A-Class Uphill Battle! - ROUND 3 BRACKET UP! - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Competition]January A-Class Uphill Battle! - ROUND 3 BRACKET UP!
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next