Touge Union
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport's Touge Community

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How many people actually use wheels and does it improve your times?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Maji of Bacon
Tofu Delivery Driver
Maji of Bacon

How many people actually use wheels and does it improve your times? Empty
PostSubject: How many people actually use wheels and does it improve your times?   How many people actually use wheels and does it improve your times? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 11:16 pm

I was wondering if using a wheel helps your times in Touge racing does it?
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: How many people actually use wheels and does it improve your times?   How many people actually use wheels and does it improve your times? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 11:27 pm

Including myself, maybe 3 or 4 people here use wheels. The major consensus that I hear from people who try wheels is that (at least for Forza) it makes them slower or at the very least not provide much of a benefit compared to the simpleness of a controller.

In my opinion though wheels make you a hella precise driver.
Back to top Go down
Maji of Bacon
Tofu Delivery Driver
Maji of Bacon

PostSubject: Re: How many people actually use wheels and does it improve your times?   How many people actually use wheels and does it improve your times? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 11:53 pm

Should i buy one?
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: How many people actually use wheels and does it improve your times?   How many people actually use wheels and does it improve your times? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2014 12:17 am

Do you want to?
Back to top Go down
Maji of Bacon
Tofu Delivery Driver
Maji of Bacon

PostSubject: Re: How many people actually use wheels and does it improve your times?   How many people actually use wheels and does it improve your times? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2014 1:13 am

I almost have enough for a nice one
Back to top Go down
Konasumi
Touge Veteran
Konasumi

PostSubject: Re: How many people actually use wheels and does it improve your times?   How many people actually use wheels and does it improve your times? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2014 12:12 pm

Since I bought my Logitech Driving Force GT, I've been running a bit faster than normal with it in iRacing, GT6, Live for Speed, and Assetto Corsa. I don't think I can race with a controller ever again because it feels so much different, in a good way.

To answer your question, yes, but it will take a while to get used to racing with a wheel. Once you have it down, you'll be faster. There's a reason iRacing members use wheels and not controllers.
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: How many people actually use wheels and does it improve your times?   How many people actually use wheels and does it improve your times? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2014 12:29 pm

If you buy one keep in mind that:
1) The only good wheels that work with the Xbox 360 are from Fanatec
2) The majority work only for PC and PS3
3) None will work on an XB1 or PS4 (except the ones made for them)
4) Wheels, pedals, and shifters are all sold separately.

There's a separate thread here where you can have more of these questions answered:
https://tougeunion.forumotion.com/t75-ask-a-wheel-user-anything-pertaining-specifically-to-the-topic-of-xbox-360-steering-wheels
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How many people actually use wheels and does it improve your times?   How many people actually use wheels and does it improve your times? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How many people actually use wheels and does it improve your times?
Page 1 of 1