Touge Union
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport's Touge Community

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!)

Go down 
+13
Konasumi
StrawberryGL
IVYTRAE
Obelisk
betadood
MiNd
jusputitonmytab
Clutch927
bukkaz
SaintedPlacebo4
KraZe
xTRSx Unknown
Smooth92
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
SaintedPlacebo4
Touge Enthusiast
SaintedPlacebo4

Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!)   Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 10:28 pm

i would assume that there would be a rank fro each hill and up and down if there was a ranking system.
Back to top Go down
http://drakeinternationalracing.webs.com/
Smooth92
Founder
Smooth92

PostSubject: Re: Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!)   Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 12:50 am

Touge is a competition sport, I'm not saying we need to pull each other's heads off but it would be fun to battle for a goal than to continue chasing ghosts. Its like saying we shouldn't have people race each other in Nascar or any other racing series but only base it off how they do during their hot laps or qualifying laps. Not gonna fight for something the community doesn't want but hey I thought it was worth a shot.
Back to top Go down
Mulchy
Mountain Pass Master
Mulchy

PostSubject: Re: Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!)   Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 12:51 am

100% with smooth on this one^^
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4
Touge Enthusiast
SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!)   Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 12:58 am

Why not run an experimental small scale version of it with those who want to participate?
Back to top Go down
StrawberryGL
Touge Veteran
StrawberryGL

PostSubject: Re: Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!)   Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 1:55 am

Smooth92 wrote:
Touge is a competition sport, I'm not saying we need to pull each other's heads off but it would be fun to battle for a goal than to continue chasing ghosts. Its like saying we shouldn't have people race each other in Nascar or any other racing series but only base it off how they do during their hot laps or qualifying laps. Not gonna fight for something the community doesn't want but hey I thought it was worth a shot.
You presented this idea as something to decide the top 10 drivers on the site. No one said they weren't willing to compete, i'm just telling you that you haven't thought this plan out enough for it to be something that explicitly ranks people above and below each other.

Again, there's nothing wrong with the idea, it's the fact that it's going to rank people that adds weight to the whole situation.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TEHROFLKINFE?feature=mhee
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!)   Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 1:58 am

Why not just have more good 'ol fashion tournaments.
Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!) - Page 4 1318531102952
Back to top Go down
Edward40Hands
Kaido Aficionado
Edward40Hands

PostSubject: Re: Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!)   Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 2:45 am

Regardless, kraze is right^
The last touge wars was epic, more damnit!
Back to top Go down
that slime kb
Touge Veteran
that slime kb

PostSubject: Re: Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!)   Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 3:45 am

strawberry makes a damned good point
Back to top Go down
Smooth92
Founder
Smooth92

PostSubject: Re: Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!)   Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 8:28 am

@Strawberry, The main reason for this thread is to fill in those gaps.

@Kraze, yes we do need more tournaments but this is just something extra the community can always do while waiting for the next tournament.
Back to top Go down
xTRSx Unknown
Kaido Aficionado
xTRSx Unknown

PostSubject: Re: Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!)   Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 9:54 am

Why not just have everybody who wants to do this be in one lobby, turn the mode to ghost (so nobody wont hit each other or have an excuse saying this person was slowing me down) and who ever crosses the line in the position shown is the top ten list and go from there? Its hot lapping and battling at the same time and its fair for everybody (vets and amatures as well) of course the car you use is the car you compete with cant switch cars its bring what you brought?
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/DominusThaDon
xTRSx Unknown
Kaido Aficionado
xTRSx Unknown

PostSubject: Re: Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!)   Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 9:55 am

And if personal mistakes are made then there made since that does happen on the show (crossing the center line, tires not hooking, transmisson broke, etc. Refrencing from the show)
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/DominusThaDon
Smooth92
Founder
Smooth92

PostSubject: Re: Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!)   Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 10:34 am

If we race with ghosts then like Strawberry says we would just go based off of the LB times. The way this would work is we have a tournament. 32 people participate in a tournament after being chosen through qualifying and after the tournament everyone will be given their places within the tournament. These places will be your ranks.

After the tournament the battles for the ranks can begin. If you are rank 11 and below you can only challenge ranks 10 and below. Only ranks 2-10 can battle for the 1-9 spots. It's simple.
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!)   Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 10:37 am

Smooth92 wrote:
If we race with ghosts then like Strawberry says we would just go based off of the LB times. The way this would work is we have a tournament. 32 people participate in a tournament after being chosen through qualifying and after the tournament everyone will be given their places within the tournament. These places will be your ranks.

After the tournament the battles for the ranks can begin. If you are rank 11 and below you can only challenge ranks 10 and below. Only ranks 2-10 can battle for the 1-9 spots. It's simple.
Genius.
Back to top Go down
jusputitonmytab
Mountain Pass Master
jusputitonmytab

PostSubject: Re: Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!)   Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 10:46 am

Seems like Smooth has it mostly worked out.

The only questions that I would ask is, what happens to the people who are unable to participate in the qualifying or tournament, such as Kraze who is going off to get his edumacation?

And, will we be holding a tournament for both the downhill and uphill?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/JUSPUTITONMYTAB
Smooth92
Founder
Smooth92

PostSubject: Re: Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!)   Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 10:49 am

jusputitonmytab wrote:
Seems like Smooth has it mostly worked out.

The only questions that I would ask is, what happens to the people who are unable to participate in the qualifying or tournament, such as Kraze who is going off to get his edumacation?

And, will we be holding a tournament for both the downhill and uphill?
The people who weren't in the tournament can challenge the 10-32 spots to jump into the rankings. This way the system can continue forever, the tournament is just so we get the initial ranks.

Downhill first since its most popular and then we will host another tournament to start off the uphill rankings.
Back to top Go down
MiNd
Founder
MiNd

PostSubject: Re: Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!)   Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 5:46 pm

What about taking this idea and applying to the battle records, kind of revamp that with ranks etc.

People who want ranks can have, people who don't care don't, simple as that and everyone is happy, not to mention we already have battle records and rank can be started on that.

Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4
Touge Enthusiast
SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!)   Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 8:11 pm

So if i pick on the guys i know are 8 seconds slower than me and hustle my way to 35 W's and no L's i can be number one? sounds like a bad idea for a system Razz. Padded stats wouldnt be impossible. what if we group drivers into sections based on pb's?

Group 1 30-35
Group 2 36-40
Group 3 41-45
Group 4 46-50
Group 5 50+

And to go to the next group you have to beat someone in that group already. From there we could work out individual # rankings after things start to get underway. The only way to go up a # rank is if you beat someone in your own group or higher.

However many people are in their group are tied for that rank until battle start. For example.

Group 1 has 10 people in it. they are all rank #1 until they start battling each other.
Group 2 has 15 people in it so they are all ranked #11 bc there are 10 guys tied for 1st ahead of them.
Group 3 would then be all tied for #26 bc there are 25 guys ahead of them.

And then after people start battling it would even out. Someone in group one beats someone else in group 1. Now you have someone thats #1; 8 people that are rank #2 and 1 that is rank #3.
Back to top Go down
Smooth92
Founder
Smooth92

PostSubject: Re: Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!)   Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 8:23 pm

It isn't based on how many wins or losses you have. If you are rank 20 and want rank 19 you battle that person for the rank and you move up to rank 19 if you win
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4
Touge Enthusiast
SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!)   Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 8:28 pm

So what if im rank 20 and i want to battle rank 16. Everyone gets shifted back then right?
Back to top Go down
Mulchy
Mountain Pass Master
Mulchy

PostSubject: Re: Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!)   Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 10:46 pm

I would think so, that is if you won of course.
Back to top Go down
Smooth92
Founder
Smooth92

PostSubject: Re: Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!)   Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 12:29 pm

Back to top Go down
Clutch927
Touge Veteran
Clutch927

PostSubject: Re: Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!)   Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 1:46 pm

It says special access is granted to read it!!!
Back to top Go down
MiNd
Founder
MiNd

PostSubject: Re: Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!)   Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 1:57 pm

There is some question to what rules we want to be used, so for now its hidden until rules are settled.
Back to top Go down
Smooth92
Founder
Smooth92

PostSubject: Re: Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!)   Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 2:01 pm

+1 ^

We are working on a system to make this run as smooth as possible. The hard parts are solved, we are just working on small loopholes and polishing the system. I apologize but trust me it will be worth the wait!
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!)   Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 2:08 pm

Yeah it was looking pretty good already. Shame I won't be able to sign up 'till December and even then I'll only have 3 weeks to work my way up, that is if my skills didn't dull by then.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!)   Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!) - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Battle Stage | TU Ranking System (Open!)
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next