Touge Union
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport's Touge Community

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[Request] Can anyone help me tune a Mazda RX-7 Spirit R for Touge racing?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
V19Triumph68V
Tofu Delivery Driver

[Request] Can anyone help me tune a Mazda RX-7 Spirit R for Touge racing? Empty
PostSubject: [Request] Can anyone help me tune a Mazda RX-7 Spirit R for Touge racing?   [Request] Can anyone help me tune a Mazda RX-7 Spirit R for Touge racing? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 5:14 pm

I am generally a pretty lazy tuner, so for most of my touge cars I run sport suspension and sport anti-roll bars. I did this because of the fact that there is no tuning required. I have only ever learned to tune drifting cars suspension set-ups, and never really put the effort forth to learn how to tune a grip racing/time attack/touge car. I recently came to the realization that the sport suspension is holding back what this car is truly capable of. On sport suspension I can run a 4:51 - 4:52 on the new downhill, and I'd like to be up in the low 4:40's. Unfortunately, I feel that if I try to tune it myself, I'll just make it worse than it already was. I have a really good build for the RX-7 Spirit R now, and was wondering if some of you could help teach me how to tune a good touge car. If at all possible, I'd like to use the build I already have, but set up the suspension, anti-roll bars, camber, caster, and toe in a way that will make this car extremely grippy on the New Downhill. If anyone could help me out, I would be extremely grateful.
Back to top Go down
V19Triumph68V
Tofu Delivery Driver

PostSubject: Re: [Request] Can anyone help me tune a Mazda RX-7 Spirit R for Touge racing?   [Request] Can anyone help me tune a Mazda RX-7 Spirit R for Touge racing? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 5:56 pm

Geez... 11 views and not one reply yet. =[
Back to top Go down
MiNd
Founder
MiNd

PostSubject: Re: [Request] Can anyone help me tune a Mazda RX-7 Spirit R for Touge racing?   [Request] Can anyone help me tune a Mazda RX-7 Spirit R for Touge racing? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 6:07 pm

Calm down there

I will be away and can't get on to tune one up...but...

Just save your current tune and begin testing out new builds and tunes, what is there to lose, if you feel you make your car worse then just load your old tune and start again. If ya need some helping with general tuning information, check out the Complete Tuning Guide over in the General Chat Very Happy
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: [Request] Can anyone help me tune a Mazda RX-7 Spirit R for Touge racing?   [Request] Can anyone help me tune a Mazda RX-7 Spirit R for Touge racing? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 6:21 pm

I would help you but I don't even have a Spirit R lol
Back to top Go down
V19Triumph68V
Tofu Delivery Driver

PostSubject: Re: [Request] Can anyone help me tune a Mazda RX-7 Spirit R for Touge racing?   [Request] Can anyone help me tune a Mazda RX-7 Spirit R for Touge racing? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 6:37 pm

Thanks for the offer, bro =]. After reading that tuning guide, I realized one of my larger mistakes is running street-legal tires. I've been running sport tires instead of race tires, but for the spirit R i dont know if it will even be possible to throw race tires on it. I have my Spirit naturally aspirated so it really doesnt make that much power, and i have sport weight reduction, and not a single engine upgrade was done to it and its B500. I guess I might have to take out the weight reduction to make it work, but that kinda sucks. I'm gonna try to use that tuning guide to my full advantage though, it was extremely helpful. If anyone that has a spirit would like to throw a few hints my way, that'd be sweeeet!
Back to top Go down
MiNd
Founder
MiNd

PostSubject: Re: [Request] Can anyone help me tune a Mazda RX-7 Spirit R for Touge racing?   [Request] Can anyone help me tune a Mazda RX-7 Spirit R for Touge racing? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 6:55 pm

V19Triumph68V wrote:
Thanks for the offer, bro =]. After reading that tuning guide, I realized one of my larger mistakes is running street-legal tires. I've been running sport tires instead of race tires, but for the spirit R i dont know if it will even be possible to throw race tires on it. I have my Spirit naturally aspirated so it really doesnt make that much power, and i have sport weight reduction, and not a single engine upgrade was done to it and its B500. I guess I might have to take out the weight reduction to make it work, but that kinda sucks. I'm gonna try to use that tuning guide to my full advantage though, it was extremely helpful. If anyone that has a spirit would like to throw a few hints my way, that'd be sweeeet!

I did actually try to get a B class Spirit R, It actually is very trick to get race tires on there, You might have keep it sport suspension, not sure what weight reduction, maybe even none at all.

The essentials would be Race Tires, full width if possible, Race Diff, Anti Roll Bars, At lease a street or sport cage, and at least sport suspension.

Back to top Go down
V19Triumph68V
Tofu Delivery Driver

PostSubject: Re: [Request] Can anyone help me tune a Mazda RX-7 Spirit R for Touge racing?   [Request] Can anyone help me tune a Mazda RX-7 Spirit R for Touge racing? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 7:18 pm

I'm really hoping that after I take out the weight reduction I'll be able to throw on some race tires, even if it means I have to throw on heavier rims n maybe size down the tires a notch. That might be in my best interest.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Request] Can anyone help me tune a Mazda RX-7 Spirit R for Touge racing?   [Request] Can anyone help me tune a Mazda RX-7 Spirit R for Touge racing? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Request] Can anyone help me tune a Mazda RX-7 Spirit R for Touge racing?
Page 1 of 1