Touge Union
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport's Touge Community

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Racing tips?....

Go down 
+8
Hybrid Comet
betadood
lBrawnyemperoRl
bukkaz
KraZe
MiNd
Steinkrunk
CheekyChips
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
CheekyChips
Tofu Delivery Driver

Racing tips?.... Empty
PostSubject: Racing tips?....   Racing tips?.... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 8:06 pm

There could be one already, if so link me to it... If not, I am looking for some advice your your own personal tips....

Questions for everyone I guess... ( Racing )

Do you always upgrade to race tires?

Do you use traction / stability control ?

Do you use braking line?

Do you use a roll cage?

Its pretty basic, but, I use roll cage, race tires, braking line, no TCR/STB and maybe I was hoping that some advice could = changing my assists = better lap time... Thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
Steinkrunk
Tofu Delivery Driver

Racing tips?.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing tips?....   Racing tips?.... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 8:11 pm

I use race tires, no assists or lines and depending on how much weight the cage adds sometimes I leave it out. If you want to work on your racing lines don't listen to forza, go to the LB and check out some of the replays from the top times. You'll notice that most fast times have a lot in common. Throttle control, smooth steering and braking and using the most of the track.
Back to top Go down
MiNd
Founder
MiNd

Racing tips?.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing tips?....   Racing tips?.... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 8:12 pm

Racing tires you want in order to be competitive in Touge lobbies.

And assists are something you want to stay away from, so both traction, stability and braking line.

Roll cage can vary depending on the car, but you probably want a sport or race cage.
Back to top Go down
CheekyChips
Tofu Delivery Driver

Racing tips?.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing tips?....   Racing tips?.... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 8:15 pm

Hmmmm, so, loose the braking line ( not that I actually follow ) And possible loose the cage? Surely the body wont be as stiff though? Or does it not make that much difference or can I make it stiffer just by abusing the springs a little more? I can't really use any assists besides ABS all due to its slows me down waaaayyy to much, but thanks for the advice Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Steinkrunk
Tofu Delivery Driver

Racing tips?.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing tips?....   Racing tips?.... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 8:20 pm

Stiff is good for the track, the touge has a lot of tight corners and bumps/heaves in the road. It's actually better to have a slightly more compliant suspension that will absorb the bumps and keep the power delivered to the ground the whole time.
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

Racing tips?.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing tips?....   Racing tips?.... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 8:27 pm

Here's my 2 cents. I use a braking line although I don't rely on it, it doesn't make you faster but it does relieve the mental stress of screwing up your braking points in the high speed sections. TCS, STM, and ABS make you slower unless you are not very skilled and you crash without them. As for the roll cage, I have one in every single one of my cars. On some cars it is not necessary and often you will see a roll caged version of the car lap a similar time to a non-roll caged counterpart. However, the cage (despite the weight increase) helps the car feel more stable (less suspension movement, less body roll, quicker transitions, less understeer/oversteer).
Back to top Go down
CheekyChips
Tofu Delivery Driver

Racing tips?.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing tips?....   Racing tips?.... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 2:31 pm

Ya'll guys are cool! Thanks, if you do have space, add me ( Cheeky Chips Yo ) would be good to meet new people, plus, I need people to push me faster!
Back to top Go down
bukkaz
Fujiwara
bukkaz

Racing tips?.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing tips?....   Racing tips?.... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 2:47 pm

Well from my experience having someone follow you really close and pushing you to the limit makes you run faster down the mountain so if you want i can run behind you someone and help you to improve your time Smile
Back to top Go down
CheekyChips
Tofu Delivery Driver

Racing tips?.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing tips?....   Racing tips?.... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 2:53 pm

Sounds good to me, I am not a great follow car, I try to stick within 200FT from another driver ( PhatballeR ) ..... Etc, however, sometimes I push to hard to keep up, I loose concentration and I push the car past its limits and my own, I guess its learning the track, learning your own lines and being relaxed, in some cases?.... Might start looking in the tune area on this site, try someones tune and see what I should improve on, also, as the Rex' is soooo rare on here, the tune is on SF for free, or all written down on the 6.S.I.K.S.6 garage if anyone wishes to try it out Smile
Back to top Go down
lBrawnyemperoRl
Touge Elite

Racing tips?.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing tips?....   Racing tips?.... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 2:54 pm

ill drop you a request man got plenty of room cleaned up a month ago and only have 20-30 people left in my list xD

the CRX is rare in general i NEVER battled one but i gave it a try once. I'm no good in FF cars though. Since i came from drifting too its so much easier for me to counter oversteer and regain grip fast than fight against understeer
Back to top Go down
CheekyChips
Tofu Delivery Driver

Racing tips?.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing tips?....   Racing tips?.... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 3:02 pm

Well, this is the thing, I have spent hours door to door sideways, so, I thought it be best in RWD, however I was wrong.... But I plan to fix that soon and build a little Hatchi' ....

We shall just have to play, the crx is slow, well, its super fast in bends, well, thats my opinion I guess, but, with the short ratio gears, it reaches 115ish and thats it, I should change it but for small track, its pretty godly'.... It did surprise me though, I kept on an Evo's ass the other day, apparently, I am the rex king as everyone elses sucked on the B run aha

Chips'

Back to top Go down
lBrawnyemperoRl
Touge Elite

Racing tips?.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing tips?....   Racing tips?.... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 3:05 pm

yeah my fd reaches like 135 on the long straight in the beginning of the downhill. gotta rev it super high though or i get dusted on acceleration Razz

but let me put it like that have me touge in any FF car and you could probably beat me in reverse Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bukkaz
Fujiwara
bukkaz

Racing tips?.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing tips?....   Racing tips?.... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 3:24 pm

86's are hard to drive fast because of the lack of traction in the bends. You gotta have a really steady foot to drive it properly. But like i said earlier I will run behind you later and make you push your limits
Back to top Go down
CheekyChips
Tofu Delivery Driver

Racing tips?.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing tips?....   Racing tips?.... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 3:26 pm

Okay, what car will you be running? also, do you have a pre-set for it? Il be on around 10PM GMT, BalleR should be online too, would be good for us meet new peoples!
Back to top Go down
lBrawnyemperoRl
Touge Elite

Racing tips?.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing tips?....   Racing tips?.... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 3:31 pm

he never gets out of his 86. i think he actually lives in it by now lol!
Back to top Go down
bukkaz
Fujiwara
bukkaz

Racing tips?.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing tips?....   Racing tips?.... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 3:36 pm

Lol talking about me?
Back to top Go down
lBrawnyemperoRl
Touge Elite

Racing tips?.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing tips?....   Racing tips?.... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 3:37 pm

just a bit Wink
Back to top Go down
bukkaz
Fujiwara
bukkaz

Racing tips?.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing tips?....   Racing tips?.... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 3:41 pm

Hahaha yeah I live in that 86 now. Quiet comfie haha but yeah I will be in my 86 and will also be on at 10pm GMT
Back to top Go down
lBrawnyemperoRl
Touge Elite

Racing tips?.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing tips?....   Racing tips?.... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 3:42 pm

well i can understand it. guess there would be a chance for me to really pull that off once i get my own 86 one day no levin though i love flipup headlights xD
Back to top Go down
bukkaz
Fujiwara
bukkaz

Racing tips?.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing tips?....   Racing tips?.... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 3:44 pm

I wanna get the 86 trueno notchback version one day. Saw one for $13, 000 so they aint cheap lol
Back to top Go down
lBrawnyemperoRl
Touge Elite

Racing tips?.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing tips?....   Racing tips?.... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 3:46 pm

oh shit xD you got those over there in uk? i'd have to go for a japan spec trueno. sure as hell not gonna be happy with a corolla gt-s from US its like a levin rear with trueno front and the engine doesnt bite like in the sprinter

anyway sorry for going OT its my curse to do that xD
Back to top Go down
bukkaz
Fujiwara
bukkaz

Racing tips?.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing tips?....   Racing tips?.... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 3:47 pm

Lol nah aint got them in the uk. Got a few but very rare. I would have to go to Japan too to get the proper 86
Back to top Go down
lBrawnyemperoRl
Touge Elite

Racing tips?.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing tips?....   Racing tips?.... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 3:49 pm

yeah its a pain isnt it. and getting one in good condition that doesnt consist of rust only is even harder. too bad nobody really cared back when it was new. guess they had it parked on every corner and couldnt possibly foresee what a 86 could be worth
Back to top Go down
betadood
Touge Enthusiast
betadood

Racing tips?.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing tips?....   Racing tips?.... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 3:52 pm

bukkaz wrote:
I wanna get the 86 trueno notchback version one day. Saw one for $13, 000 so they aint cheap lol

I forgot Europe got only levins, that sucks. I imagine truenos go for quite a high price like the levins do here in the states.
Back to top Go down
http://forzastats.com/Player/Betadood
CheekyChips
Tofu Delivery Driver

Racing tips?.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing tips?....   Racing tips?.... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 3:53 pm

In the UK, to find a pop up Trueno is almost impossible, unless you import the bugger.... But, you will have to find a good one first! The Levins are cool though, I wish I got one over the S13, 4AGE+Limiter+Sideways=Perfect.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Racing tips?.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing tips?....   Racing tips?.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Racing tips?....
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next