Touge Union
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport's Touge Community

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

K1 Speed

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MiNd
Founder
MiNd

K1 Speed Empty
PostSubject: K1 Speed   K1 Speed Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2015 8:09 am

Has anyone been there? I just had gone yesterday with a group of 6 people and it was pretty awesome. Wasn't very busy on a weeknight.

For anyone who hasn't heard of it, it is a go kart place but pretty legitimate. You need to wear a headsock and helmet and the karts go up to 45mph (but you really don't hit that on the courses they have). They also feature 2 different layouts and you basically race against the clock to get the best time. Time sheets are given out after each race and they have an online leaderboard that has best times of week and month.

On my 2nd race, 1st time on the shorter more technical layout, I won and my best lap put me at 4th best of the week, 25th for the month.

Overall pretty fun, would definitely recommend!
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

K1 Speed Empty
PostSubject: Re: K1 Speed   K1 Speed Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2015 1:24 am

I've been there a handful of times. It's much too serious for me, I guess. I'm more used to the race for fun karts like the NASCAR park in South Carolina (I think)
Back to top Go down
MiNd
Founder
MiNd

K1 Speed Empty
PostSubject: Re: K1 Speed   K1 Speed Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2015 7:55 pm

Obelisk wrote:
I've been there a handful of times.  It's much too serious for me, I guess. I'm more used to the race for fun karts like the NASCAR park in South Carolina (I think)

Too serious? I know somtimes they will slow you down if your constantly bumping others but its all up to the person controlling it. The one race the guy didn't care and there was alot of rough racing.
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

K1 Speed Empty
PostSubject: Re: K1 Speed   K1 Speed Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2015 8:23 pm

MiNd wrote:
Obelisk wrote:
I've been there a handful of times.  It's much too serious for me, I guess. I'm more used to the race for fun karts like the NASCAR park in South Carolina (I think)

Too serious? I know somtimes they will slow you down if your constantly bumping others but its all up to the person controlling it. The one race the guy didn't care and there was alot of rough racing.
I was constantly getting rammed every time I went there because I was cautious in my lines.
Back to top Go down
MiNd
Founder
MiNd

K1 Speed Empty
PostSubject: Re: K1 Speed   K1 Speed Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2015 8:30 pm

Ah, that is one of the consequences of more amateur drivers on the circuit also. But just like in racing games, ya have to judge when you can take certain lines and when you can't.

In my 3 races I wasn't passed at all that I can remember, if I did, I had gained the place right back.
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

K1 Speed Empty
PostSubject: Re: K1 Speed   K1 Speed Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2015 10:59 pm

My first time at a Karting place I overtook 3 people on the outside line then outbraked the leader into the last corner of the first lap. Sooooo awesome.
Back to top Go down
MiNd
Founder
MiNd

K1 Speed Empty
PostSubject: Re: K1 Speed   K1 Speed Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2015 7:03 am

I did that to my friend, coming out of a hairpin onto the back straigh, then just a liftoff slight corner then the front straight I was on his bumper. Darted to re inside and out braked him into the turn 1 hairpin. Was pretty epic haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

K1 Speed Empty
PostSubject: Re: K1 Speed   K1 Speed Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

K1 Speed
Page 1 of 1