Touge Union
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport's Touge Community

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Post your personal best thread

Go down 
+9
Mulchy
MiNd
Konasumi
StrawberryGL
Koolaid
KraZe
SaintedPlacebo4
bukkaz
betadood
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
CursedShark15
Touge Veteran
CursedShark15

Post your personal best thread - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post your personal best thread   Post your personal best thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 5:00 pm

^Hell yeah Razz
Looks like imma have fun alternating to forza 4 lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/theawesomeness505
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Post your personal best thread   Post your personal best thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 5:20 pm

I absolutely despise that carousel hairpin. My back tire keeps overheating every time I try to fling myself out of that bend at over 62 MPH.
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Post your personal best thread   Post your personal best thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 5:20 pm

I had a split of -,936 before the carousel bend...
Back to top Go down
Konasumi
Touge Veteran
Konasumi

PostSubject: Re: Post your personal best thread   Post your personal best thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 6:05 pm

Time: 7:29.716
Car: IMPREZA Sedan WRX STi Version II '95
Tires: Sports: Hard
Track: Nürburgring Nordschleife
PP: 500

I do have a replay if anyone is interested.
Back to top Go down
Nate
Tofu Delivery Driver
Nate

PostSubject: Re: Post your personal best thread   Post your personal best thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 6:31 pm

I'd be interested to see your lines, don't go out of your way though.
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Post your personal best thread   Post your personal best thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 7:10 pm

Konasumi wrote:
Time: 7:29.716
Car: IMPREZA Sedan WRX STi Version II '95
Tires: Sports: Hard
Track: Nürburgring Nordschleife
PP: 500

I do have a replay if anyone is interested.
GOD DAMN IT.
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Post your personal best thread   Post your personal best thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 7:32 pm

>get wreck'd lol
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Post your personal best thread   Post your personal best thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 7:34 pm

KraZe wrote:
>get wreck'd lol
Pfft, two seconds is nothing. I kept up with him in round 1 when he was five seconds faster

Besides, AWDs are cheap and require no effort compared to an FR.
Back to top Go down
MiNd
Founder
MiNd

PostSubject: Re: Post your personal best thread   Post your personal best thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 8:14 pm

Obelisk wrote:
Besides, AWDs are cheap and require no effort compared to an FR.

I'd be careful what you say and also be prepared to eat those words.

Back to top Go down
Konasumi
Touge Veteran
Konasumi

PostSubject: Re: Post your personal best thread   Post your personal best thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 8:19 pm

Obelisk wrote:
AWDs are cheap and require no effort compared to an FR.

Do you mind explaining your reasoning behind this statement?
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Post your personal best thread   Post your personal best thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 8:23 pm

I was angry at the time, but alright.

You have power going to all four wheels, yes? So the car has more acceleration and grip in general, and anyone with a decent reaction speed and skill set can take an AWD and push it past what an FR can do, corner-wise. Specifically, you can floor it much sooner in an AWD, even if you hit something that would throw off other drivetrains. In an FR, you have to wait before flooring it or the car spins out (Opera S2K is a prime example). And with the right downforce settings, an AWD can easily push past an FR's pace, because of the throttle difference I just mentioned.
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Post your personal best thread   Post your personal best thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 8:27 pm

I should just delete that original statement. I was angry that the eleven hours I put into.getting the 7:31, beating Kona, got wasted by an AWD in what, an hour after starting their TA? I mean, seriously...The only reason I started touge again in GT6 was to prove a point to my girlfriend (Which is null now because I lost my #1 spot)
Back to top Go down
MiNd
Founder
MiNd

PostSubject: Re: Post your personal best thread   Post your personal best thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 8:28 pm

Obelisk wrote:
I was angry at the time, but alright.

You have power going to all four wheels, yes?  So the car has more acceleration and grip in general, and anyone with a decent reaction speed and skill set can take an AWD and push it past what an FR can do, corner-wise.  Specifically, you can floor it much sooner in an AWD, even if you hit something that would throw off other drivetrains.  In an FR, you have to wait before flooring it or the car spins out (Opera S2K is a prime example).  And with the right downforce settings, an AWD can easily push past an FR's pace, because of the throttle difference I just mentioned.

AWD may have better grip....but lets take the R32 for example, quite a bit heavier then your S2k. Along with that weight comes a good amount of understeer.
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Post your personal best thread   Post your personal best thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 8:32 pm

That is true, and that was the key factor.in me keeping up with him in the GT5 duel. But this 7:29 was with a Subaru, and he told me himself the Subaru was lighter (Although he didn't say the make or model at the time.)

Why don't you try driving the Opera S2K under 7:30 on its default settings? I guarantee you, you'll spin out somewhere on the Nürburgring.
Back to top Go down
MiNd
Founder
MiNd

PostSubject: Re: Post your personal best thread   Post your personal best thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 8:38 pm

Obelisk wrote:
That is true, and that was the key factor.in me keeping up with him in the GT5 duel.  But this 7:29 was with a Subaru, and he told me himself the Subaru was lighter (Although he didn't say the make or model at the time.)

Why don't you try driving the Opera S2K under 7:30 on its default settings?  I guarantee you, you'll spin out somewhere on the Nürburgring.

As Initial D ish as this is about to sound, when pushing cars to a certain point, it doesn't even matter about the car anymore.

Back before your time in Forza 4, Wilson took many cars past anyones expectations. Kona did that aswell pushing many cars faster than anyone before. Its all about the time put into it and learning from mistakes.

And although I don't really play GT6 much, I may end up giving that car a try.
Back to top Go down
Konasumi
Touge Veteran
Konasumi

PostSubject: Re: Post your personal best thread   Post your personal best thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 8:42 pm

Obelisk, touge racing (and every other form of motorsport) is not about having the number one spot. I race for one reason: I enjoy it. I wanted to get good at touge because I enjoyed racing on Fujimi much more than drifting or racing on circuits. I was very passionate about it, and I still am. I do understand that you want to prove a point to your girlfriend, but you are still in second place as of right now. Second place is not disappointing.

On a different note, I cannot deny your statement about rear wheel drive cars spinning out easier than a four wheel drive can. Before I built my Impreza, I tried out a number of rear wheel drive cars. Most of those cars tended to lose traction easier than the Impreza.

I would also like to add that spinning out a four wheel drive is not impossible. I've spun both my R32 and my Impreza numerous times before when doing laps around the ring. They may be a little easier to drive than rear wheel drive cars, but for me it's not to the point where the difference is night and day.

I'm not attempting to create an argument in any way. I'm just stating what I think.
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Post your personal best thread   Post your personal best thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 8:48 pm

I guess I'm gonna practice more.

Also, since there's no way to repaint a tuner car like the Opera, I think there should be a system or something so people don't confuse drivers using the same car.
Back to top Go down
Konasumi
Touge Veteran
Konasumi

PostSubject: Re: Post your personal best thread   Post your personal best thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 8:54 pm

If you are talking about the leaderboards, I usually put the tuner as the manufacturer followed by the model of the car that was modified. It shouldn't cause confusion.
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Post your personal best thread   Post your personal best thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 8:57 pm

I meant like.in a replay or a battle video if the gamertags are disabled.
Back to top Go down
Konasumi
Touge Veteran
Konasumi

PostSubject: Re: Post your personal best thread   Post your personal best thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 9:00 pm

In my battle videos, I usually display the username of the player with the car they are driving somewhere in the video. I don't think I did that for our battle, but I did do it for the battle video with Kraze and Betadood.
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Post your personal best thread   Post your personal best thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 9:03 pm

That sounds good.
Back to top Go down
MiNd
Founder
MiNd

PostSubject: Re: Post your personal best thread   Post your personal best thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 10:08 pm

Was messing around on GT6 today for a bit, decided to take your s2k challenge

Lap 1 - flipped my car
Lap 2 - 7:32
Lap 3 - 7:29
Back to top Go down
CursedShark15
Touge Veteran
CursedShark15

PostSubject: Re: Post your personal best thread   Post your personal best thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 10:12 pm

MiNdChArGeR wrote:

Lap 1 - flipped my car

Lol nice atleast you're honest
Back to top Go down
MiNd
Founder
MiNd

PostSubject: Re: Post your personal best thread   Post your personal best thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 10:19 pm

It was pretty funny, the one corner in stage B if you go by forza sections, it's like an uphill corner,.... Well I turned in to early and caught a bunch of air which set me up to cut in too much on the next right and ended up flipping my car lol

Anyway, just got a 7:26.745
Back to top Go down
CursedShark15
Touge Veteran
CursedShark15

PostSubject: Re: Post your personal best thread   Post your personal best thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 10:30 pm

I think I know what corner you mean. 
Got me everytime on gtpsp but I got by
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Post your personal best thread   Post your personal best thread - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Post your personal best thread
Page 7 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next