Touge Union
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport's Touge Community

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Newb - Where to Start?

Go down 
+9
Ialyrn
jusputitonmytab
CursedShark15
MiNd
Obelisk
Velarys
lBrawnyemperoRl
bukkaz
sthompson1986
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
sthompson1986
Water Spiller
sthompson1986

Newb - Where to Start? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newb - Where to Start?   Newb - Where to Start? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 12:51 pm

Ialyrn wrote:
You have to do it manually, but the effect of constantly maintaining a redline limit like that forces you to concentrate harder. It can help you learn a bit quicker, but that's different from person to person.

With regards to braking on Forza, I find its easier to left foot brake. It helps to keep the car balance in check under braking and downshifts, which means you can take the corners that little bit faster. I also tend to brake a little earlier and softer, as just slamming on the brakes can cause the rear to brake loose. You also have to watch for lift off oversteer on FWD cars, move so than RWD and AWD. Try tuning the front diff accel on your cars too, it can help if you experience any torque steer.

O yea with a wheel and pedals all I do is LFB.  I guess when the controller I can blend gas and brake with my trigger fingers ha. I will get it eventually.
Back to top Go down
sthompson1986
Water Spiller
sthompson1986

PostSubject: Re: Newb - Where to Start?   Newb - Where to Start? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 12:58 pm

StrawberryGL wrote:
sthompson1986 wrote:
I also have a hard time judging my braking points compared to PC Sims. If I do not have the brake line on I am going to hit the wall.  Not sure what it is but it feels harder to have consistent braking on forza.
It could just be a characteristic of Forza's simulation. Are you locking the brakes a lot?
Yes, I lock up the brakes a lot. I am getting better at modulating better. Isn't there a way to mess with the trigger ranges to make the brakes come on less abruptly?
Back to top Go down
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Newb - Where to Start?   Newb - Where to Start? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 1:14 pm

You can change the deadzones in the controller options menu in "my profile", Also try to only press the brake by 70%, I know its hard to do at first on a controller with the vastly smaller triggers; but gets easier with time.
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Newb - Where to Start?   Newb - Where to Start? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 7:24 pm

sthompson1986 wrote:
KraZe - Do you have trouble driving with a controller Vs. Your wheel?  I am a wheel driver(G25), but stuck with a controller on XBOX.  Controller is taken some getting used to.
Oh hey sorry for the late reply.  Controller?  This might not be what you wanted to hear but I find the controller to be pretty difficult to use, but that's only because I have almost ZERO practice with it.  If I practiced as many hours on the controller as I have on the wheel then I'm sure I'd have no problem doing record runs with it.  Last time I tried a controller I did something like a 4:45 in an S2000 on NDH.  Granted I'm 9 seconds faster than that on my CSR with the same car you can see how practice makes perfect. It's all about getting used to the steering and braking (on a controller THIS is where I feel I have almost no control).

Pro-tip: Try decreasing the brake pressure, that way it will be more difficult to lock up your tires.

@Ialyrn - Sealing off the top 2k rpms? Initial D much? lol
Back to top Go down
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Newb - Where to Start?   Newb - Where to Start? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 7:37 pm

[quote="KraZe"]
sthompson1986 wrote:

@Ialyrn - Sealing off the top 2k rpms?  Initial D much? lol
lol I was actually doing that before I even knew Initial D existed, I only found out about it a little over a year ago.
Back to top Go down
sthompson1986
Water Spiller
sthompson1986

PostSubject: Re: Newb - Where to Start?   Newb - Where to Start? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 8:05 pm

KraZe wrote:
sthompson1986 wrote:
KraZe - Do you have trouble driving with a controller Vs. Your wheel?  I am a wheel driver(G25), but stuck with a controller on XBOX.  Controller is taken some getting used to.
Oh hey sorry for the late reply.  Controller?  This might not be what you wanted to hear but I find the controller to be pretty difficult to use, but that's only because I have almost ZERO practice with it.  If I practiced as many hours on the controller as I have on the wheel then I'm sure I'd have no problem doing record runs with it.  Last time I tried a controller I did something like a 4:45 in an S2000 on NDH.  Granted I'm 9 seconds faster than that on my CSR with the same car you can see how practice makes perfect.  It's all about getting used to the steering and braking (on a controller THIS is where I feel I have almost no control).

Pro-tip:  Try decreasing the brake pressure, that way it will be more difficult to lock up your tires.

@Ialyrn - Sealing off the top 2k rpms?  Initial D much? lol
Is lowering the brake pressure a setting that is found in the car tune area or controller settings?

Thanks - sure wish the G25 worked with XBox I would be set!
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Newb - Where to Start?   Newb - Where to Start? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 8:34 pm

sthompson1986 wrote:

Is lowering the brake pressure a setting that is found in the car tune area or controller settings?

Tuning setup area below brake balance. Yeah I know I had the MS wheel and then I needed a DFGT for GT5 and then I decided to sell them both and buy the CSR.
Back to top Go down
sthompson1986
Water Spiller
sthompson1986

PostSubject: Re: Newb - Where to Start?   Newb - Where to Start? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 7:30 am

KraZe wrote:
sthompson1986 wrote:

Tuning setup area below brake balance.  Yeah I know I had the MS wheel and then I needed a DFGT for GT5 and then I decided to sell them both and buy the CSR.
Thanks !
Back to top Go down
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Newb - Where to Start?   Newb - Where to Start? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 8:02 am

I just had a few runs in the '12 civic SI, it is very front heavy. In its stock form it is at 61% on the weight balance, this makes it very awkward to get a good turn in response. I also ran a B-500 FWD and a B-500 RWD converted, and I was a lot faster in the RWD one. You can do a lot more modifications to the car, gain far better turn in response, and you can get the weight balance to 49%. Just my opinion of the car, but I honestly don't think that it will not be very competitive if left in FWD configuration.
Back to top Go down
sthompson1986
Water Spiller
sthompson1986

PostSubject: Re: Newb - Where to Start?   Newb - Where to Start? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 8:07 am

Ialyrn wrote:
I just had a few runs in the '12 civic SI, it is very front heavy. In its stock form it is at 61% on the weight balance, this makes it very awkward to get a good turn in response. I also ran a B-500 FWD and a B-500 RWD converted, and I was a lot faster in the RWD one. You can do a lot more modifications to the car, gain far better turn in response, and you can get the weight balance to 49%. Just my opinion of the car, but I honestly don't think that it will not be very competitive if left in FWD configuration.
I will mess around with the weight balance. I will pick another car to be competitive eventually.

Thanks for the tips.
Back to top Go down
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Newb - Where to Start?   Newb - Where to Start? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 8:12 am

sthompson1986 wrote:
Ialyrn wrote:
I will mess around with the weight balance. I will pick another car to be competitive eventually.

Thanks for the tips.
Overall its a nice looking car, I can see why you own one in real life. Its much better than the current Civic hatch, the back of it looks far too much like an Insight and is plain ugly.
Back to top Go down
sthompson1986
Water Spiller
sthompson1986

PostSubject: Re: Newb - Where to Start?   Newb - Where to Start? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 8:25 am

Ialyrn wrote:
sthompson1986 wrote:
Ialyrn wrote:

Thanks for the tips.
Overall its a nice looking car, I can see why you own one in real life. Its much better than the current Civic hatch, the back of it looks far too much like an Insight and is plain ugly.
Well thank you! My original pick was a Scion FSR, but my interest/car payment was going to be too high.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newb - Where to Start?   Newb - Where to Start? - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Newb - Where to Start?
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4