Touge Union
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport's Touge Community

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hairpin bends

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bukkaz
Fujiwara
bukkaz

Hairpin bends Empty
PostSubject: Hairpin bends   Hairpin bends Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 8:47 am

I know this is a bit pointless but ive noticed a weakness with about 90% of my opponents on the downhill, when we come up to the hairpin bends they always run wide and leave a gap when turning round the left hairpin bends. it's just asking to get overtaken lol. I wonder why people do that. Has anyone else noticed this?
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

Hairpin bends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hairpin bends   Hairpin bends Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 9:18 am

Running wide is not the ideal line so if you see someone do that you'll know he is not taking the fastest line. Why only the left bends I do not know but I do know that the last two bends are not shaped like a perfect parabola so the apex is actually later than the previous ones which would mean that some may run wider there but not wide enough to leave a gap
Back to top Go down
bukkaz
Fujiwara
bukkaz

Hairpin bends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hairpin bends   Hairpin bends Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 10:17 am

KraZe wrote:
Running wide is not the ideal line so if you see someone do that you'll know he is not taking the fastest line. Why only the left bends I do not know but I do know that the last two bends are not shaped like a perfect parabola so the apex is actually later than the previous ones which would mean that some may run wider there but not wide enough to leave a gap
eah ive noticed that with the last 2 corners and ive seen alot of people run wide on it and some people leave a gap wide enough to get my car through, i don't know what it is about left hand bends either but thats what ive seen lol. I always stick as close as i can to the inside if i got a car on my ass
Back to top Go down
Wilson
Founder
Wilson

Hairpin bends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hairpin bends   Hairpin bends Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 10:31 am

Quote :
hairpin bends they always run wide and leave a gap when turning round the left hairpin bends.
It might have some thing to do with people using right hand drive cars(Japanese cars) with the 1st person camera view.
Quote :
I always stick as close as i can to the inside if i got a car on my ass
Keep in mind that in a cat and mouse battle you do not have to do this and can chase the faster lines.

Back to top Go down
Wilson
Founder
Wilson

Hairpin bends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hairpin bends   Hairpin bends Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 10:45 am

Moved to
General Chat
Chat (Anything Forza or Touge Related)
Back to top Go down
bukkaz
Fujiwara
bukkaz

Hairpin bends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hairpin bends   Hairpin bends Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 9:27 pm

Yeah that's what I thought about using left hand drive.Howell it's a weakness that sometimes gets me the win Smile I like playing the cat and mouse version but I don't get into many of them battles unfortunatly Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hairpin bends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hairpin bends   Hairpin bends Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hairpin bends
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Touge Union :: Forza Motorsport Section-
Jump to: