Touge Union
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport's Touge Community

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels

Go down 
+11
Peacock
bigfoot
lBrawnyemperoRl
Hybrid Comet
Soldier2DEnd
jusputitonmytab
SaintedPlacebo4
Rotary
MiNd
Ryosuke Takahashi
KraZe
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
jusputitonmytab
Mountain Pass Master
jusputitonmytab

Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels   Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 7:02 pm

Do y'all use 900* for touge? Or is that just for drifting?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/JUSPUTITONMYTAB
Soldier2DEnd
Water Spiller
Soldier2DEnd

Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels   Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 7:25 pm

jusputitonmytab wrote:
Do y'all use 900* for touge? Or is that just for drifting?

It's really difficult to use 900* for drifting because the steering wheel doesn't spring by itself when drifting. But it would be nice though if it could work that way. As for touge racing, I don't see why not but you'll have to be ultra smooth so you don't drift. I also heard that 900* mode wears your bearings faster on the fanatec cause you'll have to turn more aggresively. Do remember that wheels aren't indestructible. You should avoid wheels made from plastic if you want to go long term tongue
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels   Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 8:26 pm

I use 240* steering because the fewer the hand movements, the quicker the steering. I tried 900* for racing and crashed every time Neutral
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels   Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 1:18 pm

Hey Soldier! I used my wheel last night after 2 weeks of not playing and the fact of the matter is that the CSR DOES spin around into a countersteer BUT it's not light to the touch, it's always a struggle to pull the wheel straight once it spins like that Neutral
Back to top Go down
jusputitonmytab
Mountain Pass Master
jusputitonmytab

PostSubject: Re: Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels   Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 7:29 pm

With my tax return coming in soon I've been doing a little shopping for wheels.

Fanatec Porsche 911 Turbo S

Fanatec Forza CSR Wheel/Logitech Pedals/G27 Shifter with Adapter

These two have cought my eye so far. Which do y'all think is the better purchase? I'm trying to stick around the $250 area.
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels   Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 8:21 pm

The deal on the 911 Turbo S is a bargain! <$200 is a lucky buy (depending on the actual condition of the wheel of course). I would recommend it since the Fanatec CSR is a bit more expensive (I don't believe there is much of a difference between two wheels made by the same company).
Also the stand is an added bonus if you don't have a table to place it on Wink
Back to top Go down
jusputitonmytab
Mountain Pass Master
jusputitonmytab

PostSubject: Re: Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels   Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 8:49 pm

Awesome, thanks for the reply, Kraze.
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels   Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 6:42 pm

I figured I could continue adding my thoughts on this wheel in case anyone considers buying one of these in the future:
As I continue to use the CSR, I learn more things about it, even more so when driving different cars. The major point is the force feedback that reacts differently to every car depending on the drivetrain layout and stiffness of the springs.

1) FR - requires you to concentrate not only on what you feel through your wrists but also on what you hear. Not all FRs deliver a precise feeling of the tires in contact with the road. The higher the speed, the stronger the feedback gets up to the point where your tires slip and the feedback lessens dramatically. If you couldn't feel the tires appropriately when they gripped, much less are you going to feel them when they slip. For that reason you need to listen to the tire squeal sound effects in order to react in time. Drifting is still easy but recovering from spins is noticeably difficult.
*side note - this why people have seen me spin out in public lobbies, I can't hear my tires over the roar of the engines.*

2) FF - significantly easier to drive with since the front tires deliver a strong feedback in just about any car (the problem is the rear ones as stated above). Since the feedback is stronger there really isn't any problems in detecting the limits of grip through a corner which is great. However, a strong feedback requires you to wrestle the wheel at times. If you let your guard down, any bump or unexpected imbalance of the car can cause the wheel to snap sideways (extreme case but it can happen) so if you're a FF driver prepare to grip the wheel tight the entire way.

3) MR - the weight of the engine in the back gives all midships better traction at the rear tires. However, to say that it gives the car better "balance" is more like stating an opinion. The decreased weight at the front makes the car both easier and harder to drive. Since there is less weight in front, the feedback detects the rear tires better instead. This way you can more easily keep the car from sliding and push the car to its limits. On the other hand, the decreased weight at the front makes the front tires difficult to feel, which is very true for off-camber corners. In situations like that, the front tires feel as though they leave the ground and then land back, sometimes multiple times in the same corner (very odd feeling). It feels as though the car is understeering when it's not, or that it has no front tires at times. All MRs feel different and some have better front tire feel than others.

4) AWD - not much to say besides the fact that they feel exactly like an FF but with a softer feedback (due to the split torque between front and back). All of them are relatively easy to drive.
*side note - tuning the differential on AWDs can change the feel entirely. When stock, they feel like FFs, but if you change the characteristics to be more like a RWD then you get a more of an FR feel.*
Back to top Go down
Hybrid Comet
Touge Veteran
Hybrid Comet

PostSubject: Re: Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels   Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 4:15 am

I might get a killer deal from fanatec csr including 3-pedal set and H-shifter Smile
Back to top Go down
lBrawnyemperoRl
Touge Elite

PostSubject: Re: Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels   Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 4:29 am

awesome how much you gonna pay for it? thats one sweet ass wheel
Back to top Go down
Hybrid Comet
Touge Veteran
Hybrid Comet

PostSubject: Re: Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels   Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 4:56 am

Well ,the seller has some crappy looking playseat included in the prize of 350e. I asked that will he sell it without the seat since i can make it myself Smile
Back to top Go down
lBrawnyemperoRl
Touge Elite

PostSubject: Re: Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels   Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 5:29 am

so nice. but actually what has gotten into that guy? that wheel is on the market for about a year now?? costs a fortune to buy and he sells it. thats so goofy xD

but hey someones loss is your win in this case i guess

Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels   Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 5:40 am

Very nice! There are 2 types of pedals for the CSR, the standard and the "Elite" pedals, which of those is he selling? And I guess without the seat it should be 300e maybe? It's a tad expensive but still a good buy nonetheless IMO.
Back to top Go down
Hybrid Comet
Touge Veteran
Hybrid Comet

PostSubject: Re: Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels   Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 8:15 am

So do you kraze think its expensive? I think its the stantard pedals.
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels   Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 8:49 am

The CSR wheel + CSR pedals + CSR shifter is 340€ on the Fanatec EU website (without shipping) so you should try to score a deal close to 300€ since it's used.
Back to top Go down
Hybrid Comet
Touge Veteran
Hybrid Comet

PostSubject: Re: Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels   Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 9:01 am

Oh aight, i thought its more expensive Smile
Ok, so if the seller wont settle to 300e or less, i might aswell buy new ones.
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels   Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 9:05 am

Basically yeah. I found it weird that the entire set is not only 340€ in EU but also $340 in the US? I don't think that is accurate lol
Back to top Go down
lBrawnyemperoRl
Touge Elite

PostSubject: Re: Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels   Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 10:57 am

yeah if im not mistaken that makes it a bit more expensive over here
Back to top Go down
Hybrid Comet
Touge Veteran
Hybrid Comet

PostSubject: Re: Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels   Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 1:31 pm

Yeah it does make it expensive, talk about a currency change lol
Back to top Go down
bigfoot
Touge Enthusiast
bigfoot

PostSubject: Re: Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels   Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 7:25 pm

Could I Just Upgrade My. peDals In My Ms Wheel? Thats My only Gripe With mine
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels   Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 7:26 pm

@bigfoot - I don't think the MS wheel is compatible with any other pedals to be honest...
Back to top Go down
bigfoot
Touge Enthusiast
bigfoot

PostSubject: Re: Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels   Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 7:29 pm

Hmm Jw Cuz They Seem To Be As Sensitive As Jerry Springer... Is There A Setting I Can Muk Up?
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels   Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 7:59 pm

I'm not sure I follow... Do you mean a setting for the pedals? The MS pedals do not have adjustable settings, it's just a Gas and a Brake pedal lol
Back to top Go down
bigfoot
Touge Enthusiast
bigfoot

PostSubject: Re: Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels   Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 12:35 am

I meant like a deadzone setting or something in forza itself
Back to top Go down
bigfoot
Touge Enthusiast
bigfoot

PostSubject: Re: Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels   Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 12:36 am

whatever im not that worried

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels   Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ask a wheel user anything pertaining specifically to the topic of Xbox 360 steering wheels
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next