Touge Union
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport's Touge Community

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[Video] The Future of Touge Union

Go down 
+3
StrawberryGL
Steinkrunk
Konasumi
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Konasumi
Touge Veteran
Konasumi

[Video] The Future of Touge Union Empty
PostSubject: [Video] The Future of Touge Union   [Video] The Future of Touge Union Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 2:50 pm

Discussing the events of Touge Union's feature by T10, I discuss what can happen to us.

Back to top Go down
Steinkrunk
Tofu Delivery Driver

PostSubject: Re: [Video] The Future of Touge Union   [Video] The Future of Touge Union Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 7:35 pm

Lol talking about touge and driving around mustangs. But who was phone?
Back to top Go down
StrawberryGL
Touge Veteran
StrawberryGL

PostSubject: Re: [Video] The Future of Touge Union   [Video] The Future of Touge Union Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 7:45 am

Pfft I remember screwing around in those Mustangs!

I think that when it comes to Lotus Elise's, there isn't anything to "fix" really. Not all cars are created equal, and a Lotus is a highly advanced machine tuned for this kind of sport, it's no wonder it's the fastest by a landslide. You should just have the decency to pick a different car if you care at all about touge in general.

As for Forza Aero I think it's meant to be a powerful tool for reducing lap times. It's meant to be a racing part that improves ease of handling as well as tire grip, it's not meant to be fair to cars that don't equip it in the first place. It's up to the players to choose whether they want to use it or restrict it in organized play. The only negative thing I can think of for allowing forza aero is that it would lower the "skill ceiling". I think there'd be less of a difference between a skilled and unskilled or average driver if we all had wings increasing downforce. On the other hand, unlimiting aero could even the playing field in public lobbies and make it easier to set faster times in street cars. We limit racing aero to make a car more streetlike, but we drive with race tires in the first place, so it's a bit of an oxymoron.

In any case, it's great that the site is getting a little recognition. Personally I would like to see a 280ZX in the next game even though it's just because I own one!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TEHROFLKINFE?feature=mhee
kirk707
Tofu Delivery Driver

PostSubject: Re: [Video] The Future of Touge Union   [Video] The Future of Touge Union Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 3:10 pm

StrawberryGL wrote:
Pfft I remember screwing around in those Mustangs!

I think that when it comes to Lotus Elise's, there isn't anything to "fix" really. Not all cars are created equal, and a Lotus is a highly advanced machine tuned for this kind of sport, it's no wonder it's the fastest by a landslide. You should just have the decency to pick a different car if you care at all about touge in general.

As for Forza Aero I think it's meant to be a powerful tool for reducing lap times. It's meant to be a racing part that improves ease of handling as well as tire grip, it's not meant to be fair to cars that don't equip it in the first place. It's up to the players to choose whether they want to use it or restrict it in organized play. The only negative thing I can think of for allowing forza aero is that it would lower the "skill ceiling". I think there'd be less of a difference between a skilled and unskilled or average driver if we all had wings increasing downforce. On the other hand, unlimiting aero could even the playing field in public lobbies and make it easier to set faster times in street cars. We limit racing aero to make a car more streetlike, but we drive with race tires in the first place, so it's a bit of an oxymoron.

In any case, it's great that the site is getting a little recognition. Personally I would like to see a 280ZX in the next game even though it's just because I own one!

This is smart, I like this
Back to top Go down
Konasumi
Touge Veteran
Konasumi

PostSubject: Re: [Video] The Future of Touge Union   [Video] The Future of Touge Union Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 3:45 pm

That really makes a lot of sense. I understand now how the Lotus itself is OP, but I do think they need to fix how Forza aero decreases the PI of the car instead of raising it. Thank you for posting that Strawberry. Smile
Back to top Go down
jusputitonmytab
Mountain Pass Master
jusputitonmytab

PostSubject: Re: [Video] The Future of Touge Union   [Video] The Future of Touge Union Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 9:14 pm

Good stuff, Kona!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/JUSPUTITONMYTAB
Old King
Wakaba
Old King

PostSubject: Re: [Video] The Future of Touge Union   [Video] The Future of Touge Union Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 10:45 pm

Konasumi wrote:
That really makes a lot of sense. I understand now how the Lotus itself is OP, but I do think they need to fix how Forza aero decreases the PI of the car instead of raising it. Thank you for posting that Strawberry. Smile

Nah. You gotta understand that it goes down because FM is above all else a track sim racing game, not Initial D. In 75% of all the other types of games aside from Touge-style P2P, that downforce - especially in great quantities - causes excessive drag and thus reduces speed and acceleration (up to 15mph in one of my 200mph+ cars on Le Mans). Not only that, but when damaged it creates soooo much more drag than say a damaged factory fin (sometimes costing you use of 6th and even 5th in lower-class cars!). For that reason, it goes down rather than up.

It's just one of those things that has extreme benefits with almost no downsides whatsoever in Touge, but for regular types of racing (dominant in the game) has more of a balanced gain/loss ratio.
Back to top Go down
betadood
Touge Enthusiast
betadood

PostSubject: Re: [Video] The Future of Touge Union   [Video] The Future of Touge Union Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 10:55 pm

Correct me if i'm wrong but aren't nearly all leaderboard times on forza set with forza aero? I mean for pure speed sure it makes since not to have it, but I don't think there are that many tracks where you can go so fast on a single straight that it would make your lap time slower.
Back to top Go down
http://forzastats.com/Player/Betadood
Old King
Wakaba
Old King

PostSubject: Re: [Video] The Future of Touge Union   [Video] The Future of Touge Union Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 11:02 pm

It's a racing game, and most racing events and racing styles involve racing cars, not street cars, or street cars modified ergo Forza Aero. I'll admit that it's ghetto for Touge in particular but it's not entirely broken either. There are a lot of cars that have more downforce naturally. Just my two cents and crunching numbers though.

Edit: Leaving anything completely to the PI system is just dumb, it's retarded as we've all seen in many nameable cars.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Video] The Future of Touge Union   [Video] The Future of Touge Union Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Video] The Future of Touge Union
Page 1 of 1