Touge Union
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport's Touge Community

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Stormcrow Moon (Recruiting)

Go down 
+5
KraZe
Steinkrunk
Velarys
lBrawnyemperoRl
Old King
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Old King
Wakaba
Old King

Stormcrow Moon (Recruiting) Empty
PostSubject: Stormcrow Moon (Recruiting)   Stormcrow Moon (Recruiting) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 2:14 am

WARNING: This won't work on two things; iPhones and very old machines!

Last edited by Old King on Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Old King
Wakaba
Old King

PostSubject: Re: Stormcrow Moon (Recruiting)   Stormcrow Moon (Recruiting) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 3:10 am

CHALLENGE RULES

1. Official team challenges must be approved by Old King or a CO.
  2. Challenges will be held as either Handicap, Cat and Mouse, Grip, Heads Up.
  3. B Class for Downhill, A Class for Uphill and Circuit, unless otherwise agreed upon.
  4. No cars are to have Race/Drag tire compound, Race transmission(unless engine swapped) or Race aero.
  5. Simulation damage preferred, Limited also an option, unless otherwise agreed upon.
  6. Both the challenger and the team will agree upon other specific terms of the challenge.
  7. Once a challenge has concluded, the score will be added to the team record.
  8. No drama. Have fun.

Last edited by Old King on Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:12 pm; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
lBrawnyemperoRl
Touge Elite

PostSubject: Re: Stormcrow Moon (Recruiting)   Stormcrow Moon (Recruiting) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 6:06 am

Welcome to the new team Wink

Whats with that first post though? Freaked me out Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Old King
Wakaba
Old King

PostSubject: Re: Stormcrow Moon (Recruiting)   Stormcrow Moon (Recruiting) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 6:14 am

Thanks.

And haha whaddya mean?
Back to top Go down
lBrawnyemperoRl
Touge Elite

PostSubject: Re: Stormcrow Moon (Recruiting)   Stormcrow Moon (Recruiting) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 6:16 am

Got a iphone and was like wtf why isnt this shit supposedto work anymore Smile
Back to top Go down
Old King
Wakaba
Old King

PostSubject: Re: Stormcrow Moon (Recruiting)   Stormcrow Moon (Recruiting) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 6:18 am

Old King wrote:
WARNING: This won't work on two things; iPhones and very old machines!

Yeah, that does tend to happen. Sorry 'bout that! :S Anyway once you see it from a pc it should be fine. Even works on my fam's macbook.
Back to top Go down
Velarys
Kaido Aficionado

PostSubject: Re: Stormcrow Moon (Recruiting)   Stormcrow Moon (Recruiting) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 9:19 am

Welcome!

A quick question, for your rules you're banning race springs/weight/ARB's/Cages/gearbox etc?
Not many people run those sorta things round here. I used to use Sport tires when I first started and would regularly get destroyed. To be competitive you pretty much need to use full race.

I'd gladly battle you with sport rubber, but the other rules are a bit iffy to me. Still, should be interesting, more focus on driver skill than tuning.
Back to top Go down
Steinkrunk
Tofu Delivery Driver

PostSubject: Re: Stormcrow Moon (Recruiting)   Stormcrow Moon (Recruiting) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 12:30 pm

Yea touge is about making a car handle not about power(well on uphill maybe). So why would you only allow race engine parts and nothing else? I think it should be the other way around.
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Stormcrow Moon (Recruiting)   Stormcrow Moon (Recruiting) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 3:08 pm

Welcome! Interesting rules there I'd be cool to see a challenger soon!
Back to top Go down
Old King
Wakaba
Old King

PostSubject: Re: Stormcrow Moon (Recruiting)   Stormcrow Moon (Recruiting) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 3:19 pm

Yeah I meant to have drivetrain race-able too but forgot to write it in. I think the rules are just fine. I pity some one who needs slicks to be competitive, with all due respect. That's not skillful nor realistic. Two things I like to emphasize when playing. It's not like anyone is at a loss, both parties would have to run Sport tires/aero/platform. If anything it should make it more interesting.

I just don't think it makes to much sense having track slicks and a bunch of race car parts in/on a street vehicle built for a local mountain pass. My friends won't even allow it in their runs.
Back to top Go down
bigfoot
Touge Enthusiast
bigfoot

PostSubject: Re: Stormcrow Moon (Recruiting)   Stormcrow Moon (Recruiting) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 3:22 pm

So you just choose power over handling?
Back to top Go down
Old King
Wakaba
Old King

PostSubject: Re: Stormcrow Moon (Recruiting)   Stormcrow Moon (Recruiting) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 3:25 pm

I didn't choose it. It's up to people what they want to do with their own cars towards these rules. Razz

EDIT:
But since it seems to be such a huge dilemma with you all disliking using street-legal parts (=w=) I'll just ban Slicks, FM Aero and Race trans. I just hate the idea of tuning + track-car parts > skillful driving, but it's whatev's.

Last edited by Old King on Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Stormcrow Moon (Recruiting)   Stormcrow Moon (Recruiting) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 3:31 pm

It's alright since both people will run the same tires. Just don't expect people in public lobbies to be running sport tires though! Wink
Back to top Go down
bukkaz
Fujiwara
bukkaz

PostSubject: Re: Stormcrow Moon (Recruiting)   Stormcrow Moon (Recruiting) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 3:43 pm

+1^
Back to top Go down
Old King
Wakaba
Old King

PostSubject: Re: Stormcrow Moon (Recruiting)   Stormcrow Moon (Recruiting) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 3:47 pm

It's alright, I never race publics anyways. Smile They're always too sloppy and usually no one uses their mic.
Back to top Go down
Steinkrunk
Tofu Delivery Driver

PostSubject: Re: Stormcrow Moon (Recruiting)   Stormcrow Moon (Recruiting) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 3:52 pm

Don't change your rules to appease us. I just wanted to know why you are putting restrictions on handling but none on power. I have no problem building a "street" car for a challenge, and like you said I think it'd be fun to take the tuning aspect out of the equation and see how good I am as a driver. I think you should just limit everything to "sport" modifications. That way you can still have alittle bit of tuning (final drive and diff setting) but not have race cages, weight reduction and tires.

If you're concerned about "street legality" then throwing race exhausts and turbos on a car would probably be just as bad as race slicks and cages.
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Stormcrow Moon (Recruiting)   Stormcrow Moon (Recruiting) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 3:56 pm

^But it's not like 250hp with sport parts is different to 250hp with race parts though. Only a Race turbo/camshaft/exhaust would make things different.
Back to top Go down
Steinkrunk
Tofu Delivery Driver

PostSubject: Re: Stormcrow Moon (Recruiting)   Stormcrow Moon (Recruiting) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 4:07 pm

Well ill be on later if you want to make a couple runs down the mountain. Do you have a HP cap or is it run by class (B500, A600 ect)
Back to top Go down
Old King
Wakaba
Old King

PostSubject: Re: Stormcrow Moon (Recruiting)   Stormcrow Moon (Recruiting) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 4:31 pm

KraZe wrote:
^But it's not like 250hp with sport parts is different to 250hp with race parts though. Only a Race turbo/camshaft/exhaust would make things different.
^that.

And no, just B for downhill and B/A for uphill.
Back to top Go down
Old King
Wakaba
Old King

PostSubject: Re: Stormcrow Moon (Recruiting)   Stormcrow Moon (Recruiting) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 4:33 pm

Steinkrunk wrote:
Don't change your rules to appease us. I just wanted to know why you are putting restrictions on handling but none on power. I have no problem building a "street" car for a challenge, and like you said I think it'd be fun to take the tuning aspect out of the equation and see how good I am as a driver. I think you should just limit everything to "sport" modifications. That way you can still have alittle bit of tuning (final drive and diff setting) but not have race cages, weight reduction and tires.

If you're concerned about "street legality" then throwing race exhausts and turbos on a car would probably be just as bad as race slicks and cages.

I for the most part agree which is why I changed it one last time, to no slicks and race anything aside from LSD (because everyone where I'm from has one on their cars lol).
Back to top Go down
MiNd
Founder
MiNd

PostSubject: Re: Stormcrow Moon (Recruiting)   Stormcrow Moon (Recruiting) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 4:39 pm

Old King wrote:
Yeah I meant to have drivetrain race-able too but forgot to write it in. I think the rules are just fine. I pity some one who needs slicks to be competitive, with all due respect. That's not skillful nor realistic. Two things I like to emphasize when playing. It's not like anyone is at a loss, both parties would have to run Sport tires/aero/platform. If anything it should make it more interesting.

I just don't think it makes to much sense having track slicks and a bunch of race car parts in/on a street vehicle built for a local mountain pass. My friends won't even allow it in their runs.

Welcome!

There is no such thing as a competitive car with sport tires when it comes to public lobbies. That's just how the touge scene has been doing it since the beginning of forza 4.

Now I'm not against certain restrictions but don't say we use slicks because we aren't as skillful
Back to top Go down
Old King
Wakaba
Old King

PostSubject: Re: Stormcrow Moon (Recruiting)   Stormcrow Moon (Recruiting) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 4:42 pm

I didn't say you use them because you're not as skillful. I'm saying that you would be forced to be even more skillful without them. Razz Semantics.
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Stormcrow Moon (Recruiting)   Stormcrow Moon (Recruiting) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 4:48 pm

Nah you'll just be slower lol
Back to top Go down
MiNd
Founder
MiNd

PostSubject: Re: Stormcrow Moon (Recruiting)   Stormcrow Moon (Recruiting) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 4:49 pm

If we all used to same tires, whether they were sport or race, skill isn't based on the tires but experience. I'm actually curious now on how fast I could get with sports and compare to my race tires to see the time difference.
Back to top Go down
StrawberryGL
Touge Veteran
StrawberryGL

PostSubject: Re: Stormcrow Moon (Recruiting)   Stormcrow Moon (Recruiting) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 4:49 pm

You like Guilty Gear, huh? Ky is my favorite, (Holy Touge Be Fast Or Be Dead) i've considered making my FC's color scheme similar to his. That's a really cool widget you made too, more fun than just a picture.

I hope your team doesn't look down on everyone who drives with racing slicks, it's something that must be equipped on any car that wants to run in public lobbies, driving with even sport tires puts you at a massive disadvantage against anyone with race tires!

That being said, I'm going to go build a car with no race parts and see how it goes. Maybe we'll race one day.

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TEHROFLKINFE?feature=mhee
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stormcrow Moon (Recruiting)   Stormcrow Moon (Recruiting) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stormcrow Moon (Recruiting)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next