Touge Union
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport's Touge Community

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

EngineeringExplained

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

EngineeringExplained Empty
PostSubject: EngineeringExplained   EngineeringExplained Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 1:49 am

Check out this dude's channel, he explains just about everything car related! He has over 100 info videos.

^what the... WHY DOES IT DO THAT??
Back to top Go down
StrawberryGL
Touge Veteran
StrawberryGL

PostSubject: Re: EngineeringExplained   EngineeringExplained Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 2:12 am

Moved it Cool

Looks like a lot of useful information, might learn something new here.

Also, delete a bunch of stuff in the URL to fix that. I can't remember exactly what though. Ask Kona if you need the specifics.

Actually, it looks like you tried to link to their channel, which doesn't work with the youtube tags. You need to link an actual video rather than a channel.

Last edited by StrawberryGL on Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:15 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TEHROFLKINFE?feature=mhee
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: EngineeringExplained   EngineeringExplained Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 2:17 am

I spent about an hour watching about 20 of these videos. It feels like your taking a class... about cars. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
StrawberryGL
Touge Veteran
StrawberryGL

PostSubject: Re: EngineeringExplained   EngineeringExplained Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 2:27 am

KraZe wrote:
I spent about an hour watching about 20 of these videos. It feels like your taking a class... about cars. Very Happy

I wonder where I should begin...probably their very first video. I'll definitely take a better look at it in the morning.
Back to top Go down
StrawberryGL
Touge Veteran
StrawberryGL

PostSubject: Re: EngineeringExplained   EngineeringExplained Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 3:41 am

Pretty sure Kraze is in college, which would be why he's busting out math equations that I barely understand. Even if I wasn't schooling from home (Junior high was awful), they don't offer any auto courses at the schools I was looking at. Clearly they didn't see the benefit in teaching a bunch of 17-18 year old kids how to mess with their engines
Razz

To be honest, this guy is quick and to the point, I know a lot of the things he's going over but at least once in every video he surprises me with a little info I wasn't aware of. I'll only lack hands-on knowledge in the end learning this way.
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: EngineeringExplained   EngineeringExplained Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 4:01 am

Back at my high school, I was friends with most of the "gearheads" and no, not the guys who say: "Damn look at that car it's so sick!! It has a 16" subwoofer in the back! and YO check out these rimz!!" And we were only about 6-8 guys. Most other people saw that auto classes only lead to jobs as mechanics with no steady income Rolling Eyes needless to say, I've had to self-educate myself on cars, physics, and general racing theory with the internet. In Forza 2, I hardly knew the difference between RWD and AWD besides the fact that the latter was easier to drift with. Razz
Back to top Go down
MiNd
Founder
MiNd

PostSubject: Re: EngineeringExplained   EngineeringExplained Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 10:30 am

Yeah I was watching the videos and learning alot. Great stuff!

I did the same with Kraze, not many friends were interested in cars so I had to learn everything I know from teh interwebz.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EngineeringExplained   EngineeringExplained Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

EngineeringExplained
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Touge Union :: Forza Motorsport Section :: Multimedia-
Jump to: