Touge Union
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport's Touge Community

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Good ol' Gr. A touring car race

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
King914
Touge Enthusiast
King914

Good ol' Gr. A touring car race   Empty
PostSubject: Good ol' Gr. A touring car race    Good ol' Gr. A touring car race   Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 12:34 am

For touring car competition, vehicles such as the BMW 635CSi, Jaguar XJS, Volvo 242 Turbo, Holden Commodore, Ford Sierra RS500 and Nissan Skyline GT-R were homologated. In the European Touring Car Championship, Group A consisted of three divisions, Division 3 - for cars over 2500cc, Division 2 - for car engine size that are between 1600-2500cc, Division 1 for cars that are less than 1600cc. These cars competed in standard bodykits, with the production-derived nature required manufactures to release faster vehicles for the roads in order to be competitive on the track. Tyre width were dependent on the car's engine size.

I know fer sure there were more manufactures and decades involved, but i think late 80's early 90' touring cars the field would be one big warzone affraid cheers

lets here some criticism people!
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Good ol' Gr. A touring car race    Good ol' Gr. A touring car race   Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 1:01 am

Well I love the BTCC, DTM, and V8 Supercar races so I would be down for one of these. I think a proper championship bracket with points awarded for podium finishes after each race would suit it quite nice. Well that is if you get enough people to race in it though... a 8 person championship series is not exciting, a 12-16 person series would be best.

As for cars, Division 1 would basically be R3 class, D2 would be S class, and D3 would be A class I guess. Since the divisions and tire size limits are dependent on engine displacement, it makes car choices much more difficult and confusing. Maybe if we were to choose a specific touring car (ie. stock Audi Touring) and everyone would just race the same car but with different tunes (basically DTM or Australian V8s)?
Back to top Go down
MiNd
Founder
MiNd

PostSubject: Re: Good ol' Gr. A touring car race    Good ol' Gr. A touring car race   Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 7:24 am

Felon wrote:
Touge Wars Singles League "TWSL" and Touge Wars Teams League "TWTL". which will come sometime in the future will run Formula D points style.

But that is touge, which these guys were looking at circuit
Back to top Go down
King914
Touge Enthusiast
King914

PostSubject: Re: Good ol' Gr. A touring car race    Good ol' Gr. A touring car race   Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 7:57 am

KraZe wrote:
Well I love the BTCC, DTM, and V8 Supercar races so I would be down for one of these. I think a proper championship bracket with points awarded for podium finishes after each race would suit it quite nice. Well that is if you get enough people to race in it though... a 8 person championship series is not exciting, a 12-16 person series would be best.

As for cars, Division 1 would basically be R3 class, D2 would be S class, and D3 would be A class I guess. Since the divisions and tire size limits are dependent on engine displacement, it makes car choices much more difficult and confusing. Maybe if we were to choose a specific touring car (ie. stock Audi Touring) and everyone would just race the same car but with different tunes (basically DTM or Australian V8s)?

Good morning guys, I hear you on that bori lol im sure we can work something out...im sure if we were to do a series it would be cool to assign different era cars for different tracks to spice things up a lil bit. ill look into the tire sizes and restrictions......hp regulations soon
Back to top Go down
MiNd
Founder
MiNd

PostSubject: Re: Good ol' Gr. A touring car race    Good ol' Gr. A touring car race   Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 8:02 am

I love all those racing series, not a huge circuit racer but Im always down for these, especially the V8 Supercars!
Back to top Go down
King914
Touge Enthusiast
King914

PostSubject: Re: Good ol' Gr. A touring car race    Good ol' Gr. A touring car race   Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 8:13 am

MiNdChArGeR wrote:
I love all those racing series, not a huge circuit racer but Im always down for these, especially the V8 Supercars!

forza doesnt have the bathurst circuit or anything aussie, cept the cars. Wompp pale theres a f1 street track down under too that is absolute bonkers.
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Good ol' Gr. A touring car race    Good ol' Gr. A touring car race   Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 8:15 am

Infineon Raceway is pretty much the closest thing to Bathurst in FM4
Back to top Go down
MiNd
Founder
MiNd

PostSubject: Re: Good ol' Gr. A touring car race    Good ol' Gr. A touring car race   Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 8:17 am

Doesn't matter so much about the tracks used, (Would love to have Bathurst though)

I also love the cars, its all about the racing and how you drive, tunes come into play also but for the most part its all about handling your car, and these cars are quite a handful!
Back to top Go down
King914
Touge Enthusiast
King914

PostSubject: Re: Good ol' Gr. A touring car race    Good ol' Gr. A touring car race   Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 9:06 am

yea you gotta be strict with the pedal control that's the ish i do like!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good ol' Gr. A touring car race    Good ol' Gr. A touring car race   Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Good ol' Gr. A touring car race
Page 1 of 1