Touge Union
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport's Touge Community

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[Video] New 2J Personal Best

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

[Video] New 2J Personal Best Empty
PostSubject: [Video] New 2J Personal Best   [Video] New 2J Personal Best Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2015 11:03 am

Back to top Go down
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: [Video] New 2J Personal Best   [Video] New 2J Personal Best Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2015 11:18 am

Its not a bad lap. but you still need to work on your smoothness, and you need to work on using all the of the available track. There are places where your line is just really poor, mainly with you taking a really shallow line through a corner. Remember that it is "out in out" on a corner, and remember that some corners can have a late or early Apex. Besides that though, you seem to be doing a lot better than you used to. And I would be interested in seeing if you have improved in FM5, assuming you are willing to do a similar lap in that game.
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: [Video] New 2J Personal Best   [Video] New 2J Personal Best Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2015 11:23 am

Ialyrn wrote:
Its not a bad lap. but you still need to work on your smoothness, and you need to work on using all the of the available track. There are places where your line is just really poor, mainly with you taking a really shallow line through a corner. Remember that it is "out in out" on a corner, and remember that some corners can have a late or early Apex. Besides that though, you seem to be doing a lot better than you used to. And I would be interested in seeing if you have improved in FM5, assuming you are willing to do a similar lap in that game.

I could try that, thing is I have no idea what track to do.
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: [Video] New 2J Personal Best   [Video] New 2J Personal Best Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2015 3:58 pm

Hey Ialyrn, can you tell me which corners I took right and which ones I took wrong?
Back to top Go down
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: [Video] New 2J Personal Best   [Video] New 2J Personal Best Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2015 4:25 pm

Obelisk wrote:
Hey Ialyrn, can you tell me which corners I took right and which ones I took wrong?
That would take a lot of time to do that in all honestly, since it is such a long track. If I had GT6, I would just jump into a game with you and help you that way.
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: [Video] New 2J Personal Best   [Video] New 2J Personal Best Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 10:36 pm

Ialyrn wrote:
Obelisk wrote:
That would take a lot of time to do that in all honestly, since it is such a long track. If I had GT6, I would just jump into a game with you and help you that way.
I initially was going to say a breakdown of each section over a longer period of time would work, but I don't know much about your personal life so I withheld it.

I'll look at my own replay and break it down to time stamps for each section (for others who are curious)
Back to top Go down
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: [Video] New 2J Personal Best   [Video] New 2J Personal Best Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 3:44 am

You could always look at how I take the corners in Forza 5. I know the layout is slightly different, but the racing line should be pretty similar in most cases.
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: [Video] New 2J Personal Best   [Video] New 2J Personal Best Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2015 8:09 am

Ialyrn wrote:
You could always look at how I take the corners in Forza 5. I know the layout is slightly different, but the racing line should be pretty similar in most cases.
I'll take a look at both your FM5 and FM6 videos on the Nurburgring to see where my lines are wonky. I do know that my line through the section at 4:10 is poor, but everyone on GT refuses to use the full width of the road there.
Back to top Go down
MiNd
Founder
MiNd

PostSubject: Re: [Video] New 2J Personal Best   [Video] New 2J Personal Best Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2015 10:49 am

Obelisk wrote:
Ialyrn wrote:
I'll take a look at both your FM5 and FM6 videos on the Nurburgring to see where my lines are wonky.  I do know that my line through the section at 4:10 is poor, but everyone on GT refuses to use the full width of the road there.

Just because everyone does it one way, doesn't mean there isn't a faster way.

I only have a relate-able Fujimi experience to go off of but here it is. The last corner before the long straight up top, that corner is taken by most as such....Mid to Inside entry, middle line and exit toward the middle/inside. However if you setup the corner prior and take a more mid to outside entry line, then slowly cut in to hit a late apex, and with a bit more exit speed you end up flying back out to the guardrail. Granted this isn't the best battle strategy for the lead car, as you can easily have someone dive in, but works great if your the chasing car.

I haven't seen very many take that line, or at least not as different as I have take it in certain situations. However, I have had notable reactions by some good 86 drivers when they realize they aren't losing me on the straight or even sometimes gaining on them. Especially on that long straight where the 86 is known to pull away due to its acceleration.

Point is, the common line may not be the fastest. Gotta explore a bit to find lines similar to that one, also, different cars can take different lines with varying results etc.
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: [Video] New 2J Personal Best   [Video] New 2J Personal Best Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2015 10:51 am

MiNd wrote:
Obelisk wrote:
Ialyrn wrote:
I'll take a look at both your FM5 and FM6 videos on the Nurburgring to see where my lines are wonky.  I do know that my line through the section at 4:10 is poor, but everyone on GT refuses to use the full width of the road there.

Just because everyone does it one way, doesn't mean there isn't a faster way.

I only have a relate-able Fujimi experience to go off of but here it is. The last corner before the long straight up top, that corner is taken by most as such....Mid to Inside entry, middle line and exit toward the middle/inside. However if you setup the corner prior and take a more mid to outside entry line, then slowly cut in to hit a late apex, and with a bit more exit speed you end up flying back out to the guardrail. Granted this isn't the best battle strategy for the lead car, as you can easily have someone dive in, but works great if your the chasing car.

I haven't seen very many take that line, or at least not as different as I have take it in certain situations. However, I have had notable reactions by some good 86 drivers when they realize they aren't losing me on the straight or even sometimes gaining on them. Especially on that long straight where the 86 is known to pull away due to its acceleration.

Point is, the common line may not be the fastest. Gotta explore a bit to find lines similar to that one, also, different cars can take different lines with varying results etc.

I've attempted to use the full width of the road there, and always wind up leaving the track. It just is a very hard line to hit right.
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: [Video] New 2J Personal Best   [Video] New 2J Personal Best Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2015 5:46 pm

Then you know that even though it's hard to get it right, there IS a right way to do it. It's always gonna be hard to perfect a line but with practice it becomes second nature.
Back to top Go down
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: [Video] New 2J Personal Best   [Video] New 2J Personal Best Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2015 7:54 pm

KraZe wrote:
Then you know that even though it's hard to get it right, there IS a right way to do it.  It's always gonna be hard to perfect a line but with practice it becomes second nature.

Yep, takes tons of practice to get good consistent lines. Takes even more practice to get consistent fast lines also, but in racing those lines can and do change constantly. I have practiced on the Nords like crazy since its inclusion in GT4, let alone the sheer amount of laps I have done on it in Forza; and more recently Assetto Corsa. There are even places where I still need to improve, and I live on that track.
The nords is almost as hard to learn as Fujimi is, but Fujimi is definitely much harder. This is because it is so tight, and you not only need to know the fast line for time attacks. But you also need to know the fastest defensive line to use in a race if you are out in front. You can get away with not knowing the best defensive line on a race track, because a race track is usually wider and more open. Baring places like Monoco and the mountain section of Bathurst. But you still need to be a wear of what other lines you can take on a particular corner.
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: [Video] New 2J Personal Best   [Video] New 2J Personal Best Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 10:52 am

Related post.

I noticed that there are some weird lines you can pull off within GT6.  On the full Silverstone circuit, I've found that you can enter Brooksland Corner really wide on the right side of the road, and then turn in for the apex and floor it.  You'd be riding the edge of the track for half the turn, though.  It gives you a good entry for Luffield.

Also, on Matterhorn Rotenboden, on the quick uphill chicane, you can either use the exit of the pit lane as extra road to follow the chicane, or cut the turn (drive almost completely over the apex) and coast through the left-hander up the hill. Either line works, but the latter line also throws the right side of the vehicle in the air momentarily...If the car's unstable this can ruin the weight transfer and cause the car to freak out.
Back to top Go down
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: [Video] New 2J Personal Best   [Video] New 2J Personal Best Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 11:16 am

Obelisk wrote:
Related post.

I noticed that there are some weird lines you can pull off within GT6.  On the full Silverstone circuit, I've found that you can enter Brooksland Corner really wide on the right side of the road, and then turn in for the apex and floor it.  You'd be riding the edge of the track for half the turn, though.  It gives you a good entry for Luffield.

Your supposed to take a wide line at Brooklands, as it is the fastest line. That corner is a late apex one, which as you noted, sets you up perfectly for Luffield. Which is a double apex corner. One is at the entrance, you go a little wider in the middle, but not much, and then an apex on the inside exit before going to the edge of the track. You should be full throttle by that point.
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: [Video] New 2J Personal Best   [Video] New 2J Personal Best Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 11:22 am

Ialyrn wrote:
Obelisk wrote:
Related post.

Your supposed to take a wide line at Brooklands, as it is the fastest line. That corner is a late apex one, which as you noted, sets you up perfectly for Luffield. Which is a double apex corner. One is at the entrance, you go a little wider in the middle, but not much, and then an apex on the inside exit before going to the edge of the track. You should be full throttle by that point.

In-game, I'm usually full-throttle by the time I come out of the first apex on Luffield. Racing lines are a strange thing...
Back to top Go down
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: [Video] New 2J Personal Best   [Video] New 2J Personal Best Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 11:25 am

Yes, they are.
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: [Video] New 2J Personal Best   [Video] New 2J Personal Best Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 11:50 am

They're not that strange on flat racing circuits. Most corners are textbook apexes even technical sections. On undulating courses with elevation changes and off-camber corners things get tricky since your level of grip varies throughout the corner.

The only corner I can think of that to me had a weird line was Turn 3 of the Cataluña GP circuit. The really long right hander up the hill. If I had never raced online or watched a Formula 1 race it would have taken me a long time to learn that I was taking that corner wrong. I used to hug the inside of the corner all the way to the exit like a huge hairpin, only when I watched the 2010 F1 race there did I learn you're actually supposed to apex early and then floor it all the way to the exit while driving the car on the complete outside line near the grass. On a race car with lots of downforce, the benefit of overspeeding the corner outweighs the penalty of not driving on the shorter line.
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: [Video] New 2J Personal Best   [Video] New 2J Personal Best Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 11:54 am

KraZe wrote:
They're not that strange on flat racing circuits.  Most corners are textbook apexes even technical sections.  On undulating courses with elevation changes and off-camber corners things get tricky since your level of grip varies throughout the corner.

The only corner I can think of that to me had a weird line was Turn 3 of the Cataluña GP circuit.  The really long right hander up the hill.  If I had never raced online or watched a Formula 1 race it would have taken me a long time to learn that I was taking that corner wrong.  I used to hug the inside of the corner all the way to the exit like a huge hairpin, only when I watched the 2010 F1 race there did I learn you're actually supposed to apex early and then floor it all the way to the exit while driving the car on the complete outside line near the grass.  On a race car with lots of downforce, the benefit of overspeeding the corner outweighs the penalty of not driving on the shorter line.
That also varies with the car itself, with things such as tire grade (for grip), total downforce of the car and the curb weight of the car. If you look at the SRT Tomahawk X, it has insane grip only if you overspeed through every single turn. If you take a more conservative line, it becomes extremely erratic.

But I digress. I'd say Eau Rogue on the Spa circuit is a good turn for an odd line. You have to cut the apex on the first turn, follow the second and then clip the apex on the second left hander. It feels like you're just flying straight up the hill instead of taking a series of turns.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Video] New 2J Personal Best   [Video] New 2J Personal Best Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Video] New 2J Personal Best
Page 1 of 1