Touge Union
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport's Touge Community

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Logitech G29 and G920 wheels for PC/PS4 or PC/XB1

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

Logitech G29 and G920 wheels for PC/PS4 or PC/XB1 Empty
PostSubject: Logitech G29 and G920 wheels for PC/PS4 or PC/XB1   Logitech G29 and G920 wheels for PC/PS4 or PC/XB1 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2015 2:15 pm

After reading the comments I couldn't help but agree with some.  It's a bit of a rip-off.  Why is it so hard to get a decent wheel for these new generation consoles?  It's a G27 wheel that has doubled its price and made the 6-speed stick shift optional.  I gave up on Fanatec and now Logitech is the only option left and I'm still not fully sold.
Back to top Go down
MiNd
Founder
MiNd

PostSubject: Re: Logitech G29 and G920 wheels for PC/PS4 or PC/XB1   Logitech G29 and G920 wheels for PC/PS4 or PC/XB1 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2015 9:03 pm

The mistake on their part isn't making the wheel (although its basically a G27 with xbox capabilities which probably could have just been patched into the G27 instead of doubling the price), the mistake is going out of your way to say "we listened to the community."

What community wants the same wheel with less features for double the money and can't use it on multiple platforms.
Back to top Go down
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Logitech G29 and G920 wheels for PC/PS4 or PC/XB1   Logitech G29 and G920 wheels for PC/PS4 or PC/XB1 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2015 10:34 pm

From what I understand, Microsoft will only allow a peripheral maker to put a 3rd party controller on the Xbox if it has the Xbox standard buttons in place; along with the xbox guide button. And I believe Sony are doing something similar on the PS4 for full system wide compatibility. Even though game devs can add support on their PS4 games for any device they wish.

But when you take into account the licensing fee Logitech has probably had to pay to put a wheel on the X1, that is most likely where the price increase has come from. Obviously there is no point in Logitech putting a wheel on the Xbox, if they have to sell at a potential loss right out the gate. I am sure the price will drop relatively quickly though.

Still, when you add up how much the full Thrustmaster setup will cost for the xbox one; the new logitech wheel does make some sense. Obviously it doesn't come with the shifter, but it has slightly improved G27 pedals in the box. The shifter should be around £50 to £60.

Either way, it is no bad thing in my opinion for Logitech to have a wheel on the X1; and I am contemplating paying up for the new wheel. If it is anything like the DFGT, G25 and G27; it will have damn near bullet proof reliability. Worth paying the £300 for in my opinion, as it will still be cheaper than the Thrustmaster TX, T3PA (or T3PA Pro) pedal set, and TH8A shifter.
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Logitech G29 and G920 wheels for PC/PS4 or PC/XB1   Logitech G29 and G920 wheels for PC/PS4 or PC/XB1 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2015 11:32 pm

I agree^ I might complain a bit now but if FM6 turns out good then this will be THE wheel I will buy. It's just the lack of options that annoys me really. Disappointed that Fanatec couldn't cook up something.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Logitech G29 and G920 wheels for PC/PS4 or PC/XB1   Logitech G29 and G920 wheels for PC/PS4 or PC/XB1 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Logitech G29 and G920 wheels for PC/PS4 or PC/XB1
Page 1 of 1