Touge Union
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport's Touge Community

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

spring question

Go down 
+2
KraZe
that slime kb
6 posters
AuthorMessage
that slime kb
Touge Veteran
that slime kb

spring question Empty
PostSubject: spring question   spring question Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 10:37 am

if my front and rear shocks have identical stiffness settings (EX:front bump: 7.5 rear bump 7.5) is it safe to say my front and rear springs should be identical too? thats the last noob question i promise Laughing
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

spring question Empty
PostSubject: Re: spring question   spring question Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 11:00 am

I prefer stiffer springs in the front than the back even with equal damping ie. 550 front/500 rear
Back to top Go down
that slime kb
Touge Veteran
that slime kb

spring question Empty
PostSubject: Re: spring question   spring question Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 1:29 pm

thanx again
Back to top Go down
bukkaz
Fujiwara
bukkaz

spring question Empty
PostSubject: Re: spring question   spring question Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 1:32 pm

What car are you referring to?
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4
Touge Enthusiast
SaintedPlacebo4

spring question Empty
PostSubject: Re: spring question   spring question Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 2:59 pm

i refer to have the area with the engine to have stiffer settings. also the more the weight is off, ei 50-50 is different than 53-47
Back to top Go down
http://drakeinternationalracing.webs.com/
that slime kb
Touge Veteran
that slime kb

spring question Empty
PostSubject: Re: spring question   spring question Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 8:24 am

the car im tuning is the s2000. i stiffened my rear springs and evened out the bump and rebound stiffness on my shocks. it feels alot better but im still runnen 4:49s so i'm pretty sure its my shitty driving. gotta keep practicing
Back to top Go down
bigfoot
Touge Enthusiast
bigfoot

spring question Empty
PostSubject: Re: spring question   spring question Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 11:15 am

I would suggest an easier car to learn on
Not to hinder your ambition knock yourself out but thats a real hard carto be fast in.
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4
Touge Enthusiast
SaintedPlacebo4

spring question Empty
PostSubject: Re: spring question   spring question Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 11:28 am

on the other hand if you learn to be fast in something hard then everything else will be easy?
Back to top Go down
http://drakeinternationalracing.webs.com/
bigfoot
Touge Enthusiast
bigfoot

spring question Empty
PostSubject: Re: spring question   spring question Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 11:36 am

Is this in b? Ask anyone im all about driving bastard cars lol but you need a solid foundation. But again dont let me hinder ya.
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

spring question Empty
PostSubject: Re: spring question   spring question Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 11:42 am

You said you stiffened the rear springs? Im guessing stiffer than default right? Try softening the springs instead. Stiff springs only work on racetracks with flat surfaces, Fujimi Kaido is almost a roller coaster in comparison so you will need your suspension to be capable of ample movements.
Back to top Go down
bukkaz
Fujiwara
bukkaz

spring question Empty
PostSubject: Re: spring question   spring question Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 12:14 pm

Ive got sports springs on my 86 so its really soft. Doing that alone changed how the whole car drives. Soft springs really help!
Back to top Go down
Hybrid Comet
Touge Veteran
Hybrid Comet

spring question Empty
PostSubject: Re: spring question   spring question Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 12:42 am

Car tuning is the mpst fun in the game imo, i hace spent wholw lot of time more in the tuning section than in racing, experimenting things. Smile
Back to top Go down
that slime kb
Touge Veteran
that slime kb

spring question Empty
PostSubject: Re: spring question   spring question Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 12:58 pm

i softened the springs and it helped a lot. it's funny how a car could feel really good until you do something to make it feel really great.so far in the past week & 1/2 between tuning and aloooot of practice my new downhill time (dirty) went from 5:01 to 4:46.but only when hot lapping, i get nervous and fuck up when i race
Back to top Go down
bukkaz
Fujiwara
bukkaz

spring question Empty
PostSubject: Re: spring question   spring question Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 1:17 pm

I used to brake under pressure alot too. Still do a tiny bit but nothing like I used to. When an opponent is behind you pretend he is not there and never look back at them. Just concerntrate on your racing line and worry about yourself and not them. You will see everything else will fall into place. And when an opponent is in front of you and focus on how much they brake into corners and try and outbrake them and close the gap more and more in each corner. And trust me when you do that they will panic a bit and start to mess up. After that just look for a safe place to overtake Smile
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

spring question Empty
PostSubject: Re: spring question   spring question Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 1:21 pm

There are three stages to becoming a fast touge racer in my opinion:
1) Learning the track (lines, apexes, critical sections, basic rhythm, etc.)
2) Developing skills (throttle control, late braking, weight shifting, left-foot braking, etc.)
3) Building your weapon (tuning the car, refining your driving style)

Right now you should still be in Stages 1 & 2 (hence the 15 second drop) so try focusing on your real enemy, Kaido itself. There is no need to focus on tuning that isn't necessary yet Wink
But feel free to learn what you like and don't like about your car since it will help you when you get to Stage 3.
Back to top Go down
Hybrid Comet
Touge Veteran
Hybrid Comet

spring question Empty
PostSubject: Re: spring question   spring question Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 12:18 am

bukkaz wrote:
And trust me when you do that they will panic a bit and start to mess up.

Not all man, some actually perform even better when under pressure Smile

But your tips were great. Btw sorry i have been a bit offline for a few days, needed to tune some cars all over since the new account.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

spring question Empty
PostSubject: Re: spring question   spring question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

spring question
Page 1 of 1