Touge Union
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport's Touge Community

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Drift or Rally

Go down 
+2
Smooth92
Majrdestroy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Majrdestroy
Wakaba
Majrdestroy

Drift or Rally Empty
PostSubject: Drift or Rally   Drift or Rally Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 10:47 am

OK ladies and gents. I am in a predicament. I'm currently in my last year of high school and I drive a 2015 kia sorento. Great car but the only times I've been sideways in it was when a guy tried to run me off the road Lol. I'm looking to get a car for my senior gift from my friends and family. My budget is 2k. What are the options for good rally cars and good drift cars for a build project. The money can just be the price of the car. I plan to mod it myself. Which is better to you guys and does it matter if I live in North Georgia or not? By that I mean which community is bigger withing a 100 mile radius of this area?

Last edited by Majrdestroy on Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Smooth92
Founder
Smooth92

Drift or Rally Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drift or Rally   Drift or Rally Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 5:05 pm

240SX, I recently bought one and I love it. The parts are endless and cheap, they are easy to work on, and they are very reliable. The only huge problem is the rust on them but I bought a rust free one from Georgia so I'm sure you guys don't have that problem.
Back to top Go down
Majrdestroy
Wakaba
Majrdestroy

Drift or Rally Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drift or Rally   Drift or Rally Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 5:09 pm

That's what I've been looking at are 240's. I love the look and do people rally in them? Jw. What did you pay for yours if I might ask and where did you buy it. Question for looking purposes as I'm north of Atlanta. Do you drift in it or is it a daily?
Back to top Go down
lBrawnyemperoRl
Touge Elite

Drift or Rally Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drift or Rally   Drift or Rally Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 5:22 pm

Ive been lookin at a s13 sx in a long shot too as a secondary ride to just enjoy. Also noticed that rust on the few i went to look at.

Lovin the fact tho that in europe its sold as a 2.0 turbo. Not feelin that 2.4 n/a engine in the us-spec
Back to top Go down
Majrdestroy
Wakaba
Majrdestroy

Drift or Rally Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drift or Rally   Drift or Rally Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 5:26 pm

Yeh. I was looking at some 240's, some older 200z and 300zx and then some older BMWs for rallying and I thought a older corolla would be bada$$ to get a non hatch version to rally in.
Back to top Go down
lBrawnyemperoRl
Touge Elite

Drift or Rally Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drift or Rally   Drift or Rally Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 6:26 pm

Yeah thatd be sweet i agree
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

Drift or Rally Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drift or Rally   Drift or Rally Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 7:22 pm

I recommend not getting a 300ZX the parts aren't as readily available and the engine bay is a bitch to work on because the space is so cramped. Also I doubt you could find a good one for less than $4k anyways unless it's a Z31 but that's another story.
Back to top Go down
Majrdestroy
Wakaba
Majrdestroy

Drift or Rally Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drift or Rally   Drift or Rally Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 7:45 pm

Yeh. I haven't found many of those. The bad thing is all the 240's I can find are total crap. Wrecked or bent frame or rusted out. I'mprobably gonna get an older BMW or a corolla and rip the interior out replace with buckets and rally x the shit out of it and make it a daily too. I have one more spare car to drive around if I do break it and I don't think one rally a month will take too much of a toll.
Back to top Go down
Majrdestroy
Wakaba
Majrdestroy

Drift or Rally Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drift or Rally   Drift or Rally Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 7:58 pm

Something like this maybe? This is pretty clean though. I'd have a hard time if I accidentally crashed it Lol.
http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/cto/4695025433.html

Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

Drift or Rally Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drift or Rally   Drift or Rally Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 8:30 pm

Well, dude. For a rally car, you should spring for an FF or AWD car, as those work best off and on the road (Except FFs suffer from excessive wheelspin and understeer if you shove too much power into it without modifying other components.)

For a drift car, 240sx like everyone else says. Hell, find an Silvia front end and make it a JDM Sileighty conversion. Make sure it's an S13 variant, though.
Back to top Go down
Majrdestroy
Wakaba
Majrdestroy

Drift or Rally Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drift or Rally   Drift or Rally Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 8:35 pm

OK. What about an 86 rally/drift build? That's doable is it not? Pretty cheap. Gut it out. Did and bus the hell out of it knthe weekends Lol. Pretty cheap and later I could do an sr20 swap or something years down the road. Plus parts aren't that big of a deal.
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

Drift or Rally Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drift or Rally   Drift or Rally Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 8:36 pm

I'd try to be more recent if I were you. Anything older than 20 years will have fewer and fewer parts available as time passes on.
Back to top Go down
Majrdestroy
Wakaba
Majrdestroy

Drift or Rally Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drift or Rally   Drift or Rally Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 8:40 pm

Bad thing is more recent means more $$$ plus I don't recall want a more recent car. I like the 80's gen boxers. The only 90's cars I like are Nissans and slammed accords/civics and subies.
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

Drift or Rally Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drift or Rally   Drift or Rally Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 8:42 pm

I think it'd be best to use this thread as a supplement and do your own independent research.
Back to top Go down
Majrdestroy
Wakaba
Majrdestroy

Drift or Rally Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drift or Rally   Drift or Rally Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 9:38 pm

That's actually what I'm doing. I never pull from one resource jw what you guys had to say.
Back to top Go down
lBrawnyemperoRl
Touge Elite

Drift or Rally Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drift or Rally   Drift or Rally Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 10:08 pm

Actually talkin bout rallying i wouldnt even go more recent or too pristine. The car WILL inevitably endure dents and scratches so it would be a shame to waste a well conditioned car on that
Back to top Go down
Smooth92
Founder
Smooth92

Drift or Rally Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drift or Rally   Drift or Rally Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 10:09 pm

Majrdestroy wrote:
That's what I've been looking at are 240's. I love the look and do people rally in them? Jw. What did you pay for yours if I might ask and where did you buy it. Question for looking purposes as I'm north of Atlanta. Do you drift in it or is it a daily?
Right now im using it as a daily but im going to build it over the winter. Im also planning on selling my SRT4 to buy a truck and dolly to tow the 240sx to events. I payed $3,000 mainly because originally rust free ones are almost impossible to find in Chicago, it was owned by an old lady and because all of the maintenance was already done (water pump, belts, etc).
Back to top Go down
Koolaid
Touge Veteran
Koolaid

Drift or Rally Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drift or Rally   Drift or Rally Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 7:33 am

I wouldn't say 86 parts aren't redly available lol.
Is this car just going to be a project or do you plan on daily driving it.
Back to top Go down
Majrdestroy
Wakaba
Majrdestroy

Drift or Rally Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drift or Rally   Drift or Rally Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 3:32 pm

Project car to eventually turn into a daily. I just want to do something else besides sit around and play forza, school, and the occasional sleepover. I want a project car to rally/ goof off in that I'm not afraid to ding up. And Yeh probably not readily available but I find a lot of parted ones in pull-a-parts and stuff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Drift or Rally Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drift or Rally   Drift or Rally Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Drift or Rally
Page 1 of 1