Touge Union
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport's Touge Community

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Paranoid and anxious auto feels

Go down 
+3
lBrawnyemperoRl
Konasumi
Mulchy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Mulchy
Mountain Pass Master
Mulchy

Paranoid and anxious auto feels Empty
PostSubject: Paranoid and anxious auto feels   Paranoid and anxious auto feels Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 8:26 pm

Not sure how many of you feel this way about your cars, but I feel very unsettled when something is wrong with my car and isn't immediately fixed.

Disregard rarity, price, or condition. A "car-guy's" (or girl's) vehicle is not just a vehicle, but is an object of sentimental and emotional value.

This article/ news is very relevant.

BMW backs into Porsche

What would you guys do if this happened to you and your car?

I would probably go ballistic, considering I get aggravated when my car isn't clean.
Back to top Go down
Konasumi
Touge Veteran
Konasumi

PostSubject: Re: Paranoid and anxious auto feels   Paranoid and anxious auto feels Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 8:29 pm

If something like that happened to me, I'd be furious. Especially since it was a rare vehicle, in this situation.
Back to top Go down
lBrawnyemperoRl
Touge Elite

PostSubject: Re: Paranoid and anxious auto feels   Paranoid and anxious auto feels Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 12:37 am

I wouldve gone full mental on that bitch. Someone hit my car hed be deadmeat
Back to top Go down
StrawberryGL
Touge Veteran
StrawberryGL

PostSubject: Re: Paranoid and anxious auto feels   Paranoid and anxious auto feels Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 12:53 am

I guess i'd be really sad and hope the damage wasn't permanent

Last edited by StrawberryGL on Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TEHROFLKINFE?feature=mhee
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Paranoid and anxious auto feels   Paranoid and anxious auto feels Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 5:17 am

I would have gone nuclear, I love the old 1973 911 carrera rsr. I would have taken the insurance details, made the persons insurance pay out; even if I had the money to repair it myself. If they can afford a BMW, they can afford the increase on their insurance premium.

Doesn't help with the fact I couldn't afford to keep the 1.8 litre 06 ford focus zetec I had because of some asshole though. I lost my fiat 1.9 litre turbo diesel grande punto Sporting, because this asshole was on my side of the road on a blind corner. I ended up in a tree at 50mph+, my car ended up written off, there was no witnesses as it was at 3am in the morning. And the knob told the police he wasn't even in the area at the time, even though I had his license plate number and gave it to the police. The other driver only stopped long enough for me to get the license plate number, didn't even check to see if I was ok, didn't even get out of his car. Sometimes I wish I hadn't swerved to avoid his car, but I don't think I would have walked away from the accident if I hadn't of taken evasive action though. Considering I had been driving for 4 years, and my insurance was only £400 before that accident, it made the premium on the ford £1000+ 2 years on the trot. I had to give the car up because I couldn't afford to pay that. I haven't had a car since. So my view is probably more than a little biased.
Back to top Go down
Koolaid
Touge Veteran
Koolaid

PostSubject: Re: Paranoid and anxious auto feels   Paranoid and anxious auto feels Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 10:47 pm

To damage or take away something you are passionate about ends up leaving a hole in your soul and you have a right to be more than upset.
Theres a certain status that people like to keep and it does not matter if the damage is repairable or not, the car is not in the same state as it was before.
But what can you do?
Not everyone is the same and they just won't understand, nor will they ever.

The best thing to do is just be proactive about things, where to park, being alert, hell try to avoid parking under trees so i don't have to clean bird shit.
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Paranoid and anxious auto feels   Paranoid and anxious auto feels Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 11:16 pm

Now that I have my own car, I'm getting some of these same feelings, especially sincw I've already become attached to the little sedan sitting in my driveway. I try to find vacant parking areas away from the entrance and exit, and I take extreme caution when everyone's driving like an asshole with a knife in their crotch.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Paranoid and anxious auto feels   Paranoid and anxious auto feels Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Paranoid and anxious auto feels
Page 1 of 1