Touge Union
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport's Touge Community

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cell Phones

Go down 
+7
MiNd
Konasumi
KraZe
lBrawnyemperoRl
StrawberryGL
Koolaid
Mulchy
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mulchy
Mountain Pass Master
Mulchy

Cell Phones Empty
PostSubject: Cell Phones   Cell Phones Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 12:25 pm

My Droid Razr just got destroyed so I bought an iPhone 5s.

Anyone have any Apple experience?
Likes, difficulties, etc...

Back to top Go down
Koolaid
Touge Veteran
Koolaid

Cell Phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cell Phones   Cell Phones Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 1:00 pm

Apple markets their product so well people honestly don't know what their getting.
late last year i purchased a 32gb iPhone 5 out right last year from tmobile for $800 and some change which i held for 2 weeks until i returned it for a base 16gb Galaxy S4 and bought a 32gb micro sd car card for 640 all in all and i can't say i can be happier with what i have now.

I do love my base model macbook for portability but i hate their phones.
I can also argue why the MacBooks are overpriced and why you can build a better computer but i got my air for $500 brand new lol.

-Lack of organization on the home screens compared to the android layout.
-you pay for most of the apps compared to android.
-90% of the time your thumbs are too big for the screen
-It has one button, a home button that makes any other command have to be from the screen.
Apple is all about design, so where is the neatest place to put a back button?
At the top right, where the iPhone is now long as shit and one hand and right handed users must reach their thumb all the way across the phone which always pissed me off.
-The keyboard is too small, i hate how i have to press the extra button just the access a question mark.
-You never see auto correct gone wrong with android phones, you always see it with the IOS interface.
-You will become an iPhone case hipster
-The is a 50% chance you will break your screen unless you carry a purse.
-Inconvenience of the plugs if you are the only iPhone 5 user in the house.
-With the  5s, Apple has your finger prints.
-You pay $100 more for 8 gbs, while android uses $20 16gb micro sd cards
-16gb does not cut it for people under 30 years old, the amount of video/pictures/apps will exceed 16gbs fast.
-You buy and extra battery or replace it with out voiding the warranty.
- BATTERY LIFE SUCKS BUTTHOLE.
Back to top Go down
StrawberryGL
Touge Veteran
StrawberryGL

Cell Phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cell Phones   Cell Phones Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 1:59 pm

The only smartphone i've ever used are Iphones so I can't compare it to anything, but when the time comes for a new phone in a couple years i'll try out other brands since I won't be on my family's AT&T plan anymore.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TEHROFLKINFE?feature=mhee
lBrawnyemperoRl
Touge Elite

Cell Phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cell Phones   Cell Phones Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 2:12 pm

After using my iphone 5 16gb for more than 2 weeks i can honestly say half these arguments dont have a point there.
The galaxys keyboard is just as tiny. I tested both devices before i decided
There are quite many awesome and FREE apps just as there are for android. Plus youre not forced a creditcard to buy apps
The screen will not break from carrying it in your pants. I do it for over a year now and its unscathed.
The thumbs too big? What kind of murderous claws do you need to have so this applies?
You can argue about the homebutton but then again why would you need more? For people with those gigantic thumbs its better that way so they cant hit the wrong button Wink)
16gb is well enough for a decent amount of apps games etc hundreds of pictures a few videos and a lot of music
Battery life could be better thats true but its still bearable to charge once a day. Plug it in while you sleep and you can use it all day long.
And no offense but if one cant organize the supersimple apple screen right he shouldnt even touch a smartphone.
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

Cell Phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cell Phones   Cell Phones Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 2:15 pm

I've been fine with my iPhone 4S for nearly 2 years, although my friend's Galaxy S3 does seem to be better (especially the camera).
Back to top Go down
Konasumi
Touge Veteran
Konasumi

Cell Phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cell Phones   Cell Phones Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 3:16 pm

I have an iPhone 5, and I love it. It gets the job done for what I need it to do. The camera is pretty good as well. The OS runs very smoothly on my iPhone, as well as games. That goes for the general applications as well.

I got an iPhone over an Android due to the fact that there are better apps for me that are on iOS, and not on Android. I wanted a device that is "press-the-button-and-go". If I was a power user of phones, I would have gotten an Android in a heartbeat. I am not an Apple "fanboy" either. This iPhone and my broken iPod 4 are the only Apple products I own.

I love the phone's design. It looks like something straight out of a museum. I do have a case on it, though, for obvious reasons. The case I chose still makes the phone look good, while providing protection. A friend of mine OBLITERATED his iPhone 5S by dropping it on the cement floor in the locker room without a case. It was not fun for him. The phone cannot even make phone calls anymore. It was that damaged.

One of the only things I dislike about my iPhone would be that it is easy for earwax to get into the phone's speaker. I am a person who gets a lot of earwax, so if I forget to clean out my ears it can become an issue. I can't think of anything else I dislike about my iPhone.
Back to top Go down
Koolaid
Touge Veteran
Koolaid

Cell Phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cell Phones   Cell Phones Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 7:02 pm

The galaxy keyboard is not just as tiny, the phones are wider and reads the touches more accurately.
Hence soooo many auto correct screenshots that which many of us can't help but laugh at.
Half of my friends who own an iPhones have cracked their phones both girls and guys and i have a lot of friends who own them.
The only ones who haven't are those who have spent $80+ on life proof cases.
Take for example a typical american who is active on all the social media sources instagram/FB/Vine, Hi-res photos and 1080p videos kill 16gb quick.
Maybe i hang around a bunch of graphic designers but still as time moves on so does technology and the need for memory space, 16gb is not enough.
The battery life on the Galaxy S4 is significantly better than the 5/5S I've own both and used them quite a lot.
Full charge iPhone 5S by 9am with the amount of games, social networking, youtube, etc. the phone will be dead by 7pm.
Doing the same with the S4, i will still have 40-50% battery, the only fault is that it takes longer to charge.
Go look up the specs, the iPhone stand by is 250 hours while the S4 is 320 on 4g and 370 on 3g.
I'm not saying that IOS is not organized, I'm saying that android organizes it better.
IOS keep all your apps out in the open tho you can simplify it by putting it in to folder but it still forces you to take up space on the home screens.
I can get OCD about small things but when i couldn't organize the things the way i wanted to, it pissed me off.

The only thing i see thats better is that the good apps/games are almost always released on IOS first.

I am in no doubt against apple, but the IPhones are just those who are in to the "hype" and aren't tech davy.
Don't get me wrong, they do the job but you're just paying more for cheap tech.
I can go on and put down their computer tech as well since you can build PC that will match the specs of any Mac for cheaper.
The only difference is just the OS tho PC can run both.
Back to top Go down
MiNd
Founder
MiNd

Cell Phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cell Phones   Cell Phones Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 8:39 pm

I have had a Blackberry, Android, and Iphone. Only complaints are about the Blackberry. No problems with Iphone or android.

Currently I do have an Iphone 5, I can make calls, text, get emails, and go on the internet, what more do you need?

Back to top Go down
Koolaid
Touge Veteran
Koolaid

Cell Phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cell Phones   Cell Phones Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 10:16 pm

But fat girls do the job too but i aint bout dat life.
Sometime you need to be nit picky ;]
Back to top Go down
lBrawnyemperoRl
Touge Elite

Cell Phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cell Phones   Cell Phones Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 1:49 am

Yeat the galaxy comes in cheap plastic which seems like a crime in that price range
Back to top Go down
Smooth92
Founder
Smooth92

Cell Phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cell Phones   Cell Phones Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 8:18 am

If androids ever reach the quality of an iPhone I might switch but I'm not gonna pay that much money for a plastic phone that feels flimsy. I like the products I buy to be high quality and simple to use.
Back to top Go down
CursedShark15
Touge Veteran
CursedShark15

Cell Phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cell Phones   Cell Phones Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 8:29 am

The only bad thing with Android is that sometimes the software won't update for all models.  
My s4 active still hasnt got the 4.4 update while practically all ios software get updated to the recent 7.1.1 software
It's a bugger but from what I've heard 4.4 ain't that great besides the new Art system Mad
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/theawesomeness505
CursedShark15
Touge Veteran
CursedShark15

Cell Phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cell Phones   Cell Phones Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 8:31 am

If you r a common business man but likes to work big, get the s4
If you like to work big and r somewhat adventurous, get the s4 active
Back to top Go down
lBrawnyemperoRl
Touge Elite

Cell Phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cell Phones   Cell Phones Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 8:50 am

oh so you had a galaxy s4 so far? if youre a while into iPhone ownership id be interested in your opinion which you personally think is better (and no not to feel vindicated in my opinion that the iPhone is simply the better device I'm beyond kindergarten already. I'm not a fanboy after all xD)
Back to top Go down
CursedShark15
Touge Veteran
CursedShark15

Cell Phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cell Phones   Cell Phones Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 9:03 am

Yeah iphones and Androids are both reliable phones
But,because of my years of Android usage, im particularly fond for Android. 
But coming to think of it,didnt Apple creates the term"smart phones"? 
Apple does have creativity there but in the long run, Samsung does have various customization options, be it your theme, keyboard, or  accessibility. 

Yes Android does have a larger screen an all but reaching the top of the screen can be a stretch. 
I guess that's where apples smaller screen comes in handy
Back to top Go down
lBrawnyemperoRl
Touge Elite

Cell Phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cell Phones   Cell Phones Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 9:53 am

Definately. I can comfortably use it one-handed. And for Custom you still can put Backgrounds in Wink Not sure Bout them creatin the term Smartphones tho. I have to say i dont really like the Android OS in general
Back to top Go down
Koolaid
Touge Veteran
Koolaid

Cell Phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cell Phones   Cell Phones Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 12:56 pm

CursedShark15 wrote:
The only bad thing with Android is that sometimes the software won't update for all models.  
My s4 active still hasnt got the 4.4 update while practically all ios software get updated to the recent 7.1.1 software
It's a bugger but from what I've heard 4.4 ain't that great besides the new Art system Mad
Updates for androids are based off of your carrier, iPhone updates are all thru apple themselves.

Smooth92 wrote:
If androids ever reach the quality of an iPhone I might switch but I'm not gonna pay that much money for a plastic phone that feels flimsy. I like the products I buy to be high quality and simple to use.
The hardware,not the casing, of the S4 is superior to the iPhone 5, any tech savy person can tell you that.
I never really cared for the material casing for the backing and it never was a problem.
Id imagine its made of that material so you can take it apart and actually replace your battery, sd card, and sim card with ease unlike the iPhones where you have to either waste time backing your files up via iTunes, taking a trip to the retailer, or straight up getting a new phone.
Its also the reason why the s4 is so lightweight compared to any other.

CursedShark15 wrote:
Yes Android does have a larger screen an all but reaching the top of the screen can be a stretch. 
I guess that's where apples smaller screen comes in handy
Theres nothing i really need to grab at the top of the screen other than the docking area where i can drag from the left side.
I hated that iPhones only have a home button and that the back button was always at the top left.
Not to mention the back and menu buttons always wasted space on the iPhone screens
Im sure that may have been fixed in the update when the 5s dropped, but they also adapted the dock and customization based off the android os.
Ive used touch screen smartphones before with a screen just as small as the 4, but i can only deal with it if had its own keyboard and thats what i was worried about when i bought my 5 and why i returned it for an s4 which i had no problems typing with.

I have a handful of friends who work at a TMobile store that sells both iPhone and galaxy phones.
They describe it as IPhones are for hipsters and those who are willing to pay more for simplicity while galaxy users are the techy ones who look to get the most out of their phones and who like having to type with ease.
Back to top Go down
CursedShark15
Touge Veteran
CursedShark15

Cell Phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cell Phones   Cell Phones Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 1:19 pm

Quote :
Koolaid said:
They describe it as IPhones are for hipsters 
lol that means kona's a hipster XD
Back to top Go down
Konasumi
Touge Veteran
Konasumi

Cell Phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cell Phones   Cell Phones Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 1:40 pm

I have an iPhone because it is good for what I need it to do. I didn't get an iPhone because most people my age have one, I got it because it suits my needs.

I cannot deny that the hardware is superior in Android phones, but I don't need a lot of power in my phone. I use my phone mainly for Twitter, to take pictures, and to check my email. I don't play any games on my phone.

I used to own an Android phone, but it was not for me. It was a good phone, but I needed something else.
Back to top Go down
Koolaid
Touge Veteran
Koolaid

Cell Phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cell Phones   Cell Phones Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 4:47 pm

I stated before, yes the IPhone does what its intended to do.
If you're looking for a phone that fulfills the basic needs of a phone with internet access then both phones are more than capable.
Konasumi wrote:
I used to own an Android phone, but it was not for me. It was a good phone, but I needed something else.
If it wasn't a galaxy android then it's probably a load of poop.
CursedShark15 wrote:
Quote :
Koolaid said:
They describe it as IPhones are for hipsters 
lol that means kona's a hipster XD
i meant "or" not "and" my bad.

Back to top Go down
Konasumi
Touge Veteran
Konasumi

Cell Phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cell Phones   Cell Phones Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 4:49 pm

I used a first generation MyTouch.
Back to top Go down
MiNd
Founder
MiNd

Cell Phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cell Phones   Cell Phones Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 5:39 pm

So if Iphone mean hipsters...and me, Kona and Kraze have Iphones.....are we Hipster Version now? lol
Back to top Go down
Mulchy
Mountain Pass Master
Mulchy

Cell Phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cell Phones   Cell Phones Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 9:04 pm

Well so far I don't have any complaints about my 5s, and I didn't have any complaints about my Bionic or Razr while I had them other than the fact that they became outdated and slow which was expected.

Its nice to see your guys opinions on this lol
Back to top Go down
lBrawnyemperoRl
Touge Elite

Cell Phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cell Phones   Cell Phones Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2014 12:31 am

Guess you can call me BlAcK H1PsTeR then from now on mind xD
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

Cell Phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cell Phones   Cell Phones Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2014 4:26 am

I went full hipster for my iPhone 3, I got the 4S later because I was already used to iPhones lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cell Phones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cell Phones   Cell Phones Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cell Phones
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Touge Union :: Off Topic-
Jump to: