Touge Union
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport's Touge Community

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Touge Union World Tour Series (Cancelled)

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

Touge Union World Tour Series (Cancelled) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Touge Union World Tour Series (Cancelled)   Touge Union World Tour Series (Cancelled) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 2:59 pm

On Gran Turismo, no one is a veteran.  I'm a total rookie with GT.  Kona and Nate seem to be the fastest guys playing GT6 right now.  I can't play until next week but seriously there's no rush to start this asap since summer hasn't really started for many people.

I do agree that it would be more fun if people drove similarly spec'd cars rather than different cars from different years from the same racing series.  Although it doesn't bother me at all if some cars are faster than others.  On the contrary these kinds of races are good opportunities to learn which cars are slightly superior so we know what they're capable of.

The biggest problem is that building cars that are over 600pp requires LOTS of money.
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Touge Union World Tour Series (Cancelled)   Touge Union World Tour Series (Cancelled) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 3:01 pm

KraZe wrote:
On Gran Turismo, no one is a veteran.  I'm a total rookie with GT.  Kona and Nate seem to be the fastest guys playing GT6 right now.  I can't play until next week but seriously there's no rush to start this asap since summer hasn't really started for many people.

I do agree that it would be more fun if people drove similarly spec'd cars rather than different cars from different years from the same racing series.  Although it doesn't bother me at all if some cars are faster than others.  On the contrary these kinds of races are good opportunities to learn which cars are slightly superior so we know what they're capable of.

The biggest problem is that building cars that are over 600pp requires LOTS of money.
That's true for most cars.  I'm not sure about the rocket, but I did dump about $103,000 into my Suzuki, not.counting the car itself
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Touge Union World Tour Series (Cancelled)   Touge Union World Tour Series (Cancelled) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 3:03 pm

I still like the GT500 idea.  We can just make it so that all cars belong to the same regulation period (no cars before 200X and no cars after 201X).

P.S. These cars cost a fucking million credits holy shit.

Last edited by KraZe on Fri May 02, 2014 3:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Touge Union World Tour Series (Cancelled)   Touge Union World Tour Series (Cancelled) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 3:06 pm

Why don't we just try the first race and if it comes out skewed severely, how about I place a PP cap for all the cars?
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Touge Union World Tour Series (Cancelled)   Touge Union World Tour Series (Cancelled) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 3:12 pm

PP for GT500 cars range from 575 to 612.
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Touge Union World Tour Series (Cancelled)   Touge Union World Tour Series (Cancelled) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 3:13 pm

I didn't see a 612 pp GT500, unless I missed a car page.
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Touge Union World Tour Series (Cancelled)   Touge Union World Tour Series (Cancelled) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 4:08 pm

One of the Nissan GT-R GT500s after the Z.
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Touge Union World Tour Series (Cancelled)   Touge Union World Tour Series (Cancelled) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 4:09 pm

KraZe wrote:
One of the Nissan GT-R GT500s after the Z.
Oh, so we should set a cap?
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Touge Union World Tour Series (Cancelled)   Touge Union World Tour Series (Cancelled) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 4:21 pm

My mistake the lowest PP is a '00 NSX at 570pp.

I don't really know. I doubt you can upgrade a GT500 so that means for all cars to be competitive the cap needs to be 570 and any cars you wanna use that are above that need to be seriously weight handicapped rendering them uncompetitive. The only cars that would be perfect are those that are already 570 or very close to, like early 2000s cars.

I don't think it's gonna work with a PP cap.

And putting a year restriction would limit the choices considerably.

Any better ideas? Honestly I don't really care if my car is slow or fast I just wanna race.
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Touge Union World Tour Series (Cancelled)   Touge Union World Tour Series (Cancelled) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 4:23 pm

How about capping the PP range to 580-600? Most of the Base Models are in that range.
Back to top Go down
Konasumi
Touge Veteran
Konasumi

PostSubject: Re: Touge Union World Tour Series (Cancelled)   Touge Union World Tour Series (Cancelled) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 9:10 pm

Why not just keep the cars stock?
Back to top Go down
Nate
Tofu Delivery Driver
Nate

PostSubject: Re: Touge Union World Tour Series (Cancelled)   Touge Union World Tour Series (Cancelled) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 5:10 am

KraZe wrote:
My mistake the lowest PP is a '00 NSX at 570pp.

I don't really know.  I doubt you can upgrade a GT500 so that means for all cars to be competitive the cap needs to be 570 and any cars you wanna use that are above that need to be seriously weight handicapped rendering them uncompetitive.  The only cars that would be perfect are those that are already 570 or very close to, like early 2000s cars.

I don't think it's gonna work with a PP cap.

And putting a year restriction would limit the choices considerably.

Any better ideas?  Honestly I don't really care if my car is slow or fast I just wanna race.

Personally I like the idea of using cars from the same year, but I'm not fussed, we can just carry on with what we have if people would prefer?
Back to top Go down
Nate
Tofu Delivery Driver
Nate

PostSubject: Re: Touge Union World Tour Series (Cancelled)   Touge Union World Tour Series (Cancelled) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2014 8:06 am

We could just use cars from the 2008 Super GT series, problem with that is the fact that there is only 3 different cars, but more than enough Teams to cover all drivers. The cars are:

Lexus DENSO DUNLOP SARD SC430 (SUPER GT) ‘08

Lexus ENEOS SC430 (SUPER GT) ‘08

Lexus PETRONAS TOM’S SC430 (SUPER GT) ‘08

Lexus SC430 GT500 Base Model ’08

Nissan GT-R GT500 Base Model ’08

Nissan Calsonic IMPUL GT-R (SUPER GT) ‘08

Nissan MOTUL AUTECH GT-R (SUPER GT) ‘08

Nissan WOODONE ADVAN Clarion GT-R (SUPER GT) ‘08

Nissan XANAVI NISMO GT-R (SUPER GT) ‘08

Nissan YellowHat YMS TOMICA GT-R (SUPER GT) ‘08

Honda EPSON NSX (SUPER GT) ‘08

Honda NSX GT500 Base Model ’08

Let me know what you think?
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Touge Union World Tour Series (Cancelled)   Touge Union World Tour Series (Cancelled) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2014 8:14 am

What are the PP ranges?
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Touge Union World Tour Series (Cancelled)   Touge Union World Tour Series (Cancelled) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2014 10:42 am

^Forget about the PP ranges they don't matter anymore, the cars are from the same year so they're all equal in terms of the rules surrounding their builds, good enough for me. So it will be SC430 vs GT-R vs NSX eh?  I'll wait 'till I play the game again to choose my car.

Last edited by KraZe on Sun May 04, 2014 10:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Touge Union World Tour Series (Cancelled)   Touge Union World Tour Series (Cancelled) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2014 10:44 am

Nate's idea is pretty good. We'll run it.
Back to top Go down
Nate
Tofu Delivery Driver
Nate

PostSubject: Re: Touge Union World Tour Series (Cancelled)   Touge Union World Tour Series (Cancelled) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2014 11:08 am

I will run the NSX for the pure reason that I love NSX's I may run the EPSON design though because it would be cool for us all to run the actual teams Razz
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Touge Union World Tour Series (Cancelled)   Touge Union World Tour Series (Cancelled) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2014 11:20 am

I'll be clearing the car selections at 3:00 EST.
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Touge Union World Tour Series (Cancelled)   Touge Union World Tour Series (Cancelled) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2014 2:10 pm

Nissan XANAVI NISMO GT-R (SUPER GT) ‘08
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Touge Union World Tour Series (Cancelled)   Touge Union World Tour Series (Cancelled) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2014 2:14 pm

Edited.
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Touge Union World Tour Series (Cancelled)   Touge Union World Tour Series (Cancelled) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2014 2:53 pm

You should specify the cars are from 2008 only. Also I think it would be better to have a standing start with no warm-up lap rather than a 50 roll since that's how it's done in the Super GT series, authenticity yo.
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Touge Union World Tour Series (Cancelled)   Touge Union World Tour Series (Cancelled) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2014 3:05 pm

Thanks for the input.
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Touge Union World Tour Series (Cancelled)   Touge Union World Tour Series (Cancelled) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2014 3:38 pm

So first race is at Fuji, how many laps are we talking about? Might as well set a distance target for each race like X number of laps to cover Y number of kilometers or something. We can't make them too long either.
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Touge Union World Tour Series (Cancelled)   Touge Union World Tour Series (Cancelled) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2014 3:45 pm

I'm hoping the races will be about 15 minutes, so 12 laps?
Back to top Go down
V19Triumph68V
Tofu Delivery Driver

PostSubject: Re: Touge Union World Tour Series (Cancelled)   Touge Union World Tour Series (Cancelled) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2014 5:52 pm

I don't own GT6 so my input may end up being useless, and I can't compete anyways, but I gotta ask, is there a way to set it up like forza so you race for a designated amount of time and when the timer is up, it ends and finishing positions are finalized as they stand?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Touge Union World Tour Series (Cancelled)   Touge Union World Tour Series (Cancelled) - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Touge Union World Tour Series (Cancelled)
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next