Touge Union
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport's Touge Community

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Xbox One vs. PS4

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mulchy
Mountain Pass Master
Mulchy

Xbox One vs. PS4  Empty
PostSubject: Xbox One vs. PS4    Xbox One vs. PS4  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 8:41 pm

So I bought my dad the PS4 today for his birthday.

I don't understand what the whole console war thing is about...
THERE IS NO FUCKING DIFFERENCE BETWEEN GAME PERFORMANCE.
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

Xbox One vs. PS4  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox One vs. PS4    Xbox One vs. PS4  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 8:53 pm

Is it November again?
Xbox One vs. PS4  Attachment
Back to top Go down
Mulchy
Mountain Pass Master
Mulchy

Xbox One vs. PS4  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox One vs. PS4    Xbox One vs. PS4  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 9:02 pm

The difference is I've actually played them...
Back to top Go down
Konasumi
Touge Veteran
Konasumi

Xbox One vs. PS4  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox One vs. PS4    Xbox One vs. PS4  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 10:43 pm

Console wars are stupid. If you want to play Xbox, play Xbox. If you want to play PlayStation, play PlayStation.

About the performance: The Xbox One has DDR3 memory for the GPU and CPU. The PS4 has GDDR5 memory, which is a faster than the DDR3 memory in the Xbox One. Besides that, those two computers are the same inside. Even though the PS4 has better hardware, the games look almost the same between the Xbox One and PS4. Keep in mind that these console just came out. Once we get later into their life cycle and developers start to fully utilize both systems, there could be a slight difference in graphics.

I have no plans right now to buy either of the two consoles. I respect the consoles for what they are, but my platform of choice is PC.
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

Xbox One vs. PS4  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox One vs. PS4    Xbox One vs. PS4  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 10:50 pm

My platform of choice is Xbox 360, PS2, and N64.
Back to top Go down
Koolaid
Touge Veteran
Koolaid

Xbox One vs. PS4  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox One vs. PS4    Xbox One vs. PS4  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 11:49 pm

Yeah, i hate when PS fanboys try to tell me its better...
Its all personal preference based on certain titles half the time, I mean sorry i like the Forza franchise more the GT or any other racing franchise lol.

Most games that are for both platforms have very subtle differences, the biggest difference is that there are some games the XB1 can't run 60fps and have to back down to 30 while PS4 can still run at 60fps but everyone tends to forget these things after 1 minute of gameplay and the average person can only honestly tell the difference when compare the screens side by side.

The way i judge the two is by their entertainment value and they are both pretty damn entertaining.

BTW Mulchy probably bought his dad a PS4 so he can get his money back or more to pay for his Genesis.
Your bitch ass needs to buy Titan Fall, destroying the competition is only so fun solo lol
Back to top Go down
Konasumi
Touge Veteran
Konasumi

Xbox One vs. PS4  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox One vs. PS4    Xbox One vs. PS4  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 1:01 am

You're right Koolaid. The difference in graphics is very subtle between the consoles. The only reason I had an Xbox 360 for as long as I did was because of Halo and Forza. If it weren't for those exclusives, I would have sold it much earlier than I did. If I liked the PS3 exclusives more than the Xbox exclusives, I would have had a PS3 over an Xbox at the start.

By the way, how is Titanfall, Koolaid? I'm thinking about getting it once I get a new video card for my desktop.
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

Xbox One vs. PS4  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox One vs. PS4    Xbox One vs. PS4  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 1:06 am

I've had a PS3 since GT5 came out in November 24th, 2010 and I haven't bothered to buy any games for it other than GT6 and Initial D Extreme Stage.  I kinda wonder why I even have it. The only game I say was worth it was The Last of Us.
Back to top Go down
Konasumi
Touge Veteran
Konasumi

Xbox One vs. PS4  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox One vs. PS4    Xbox One vs. PS4  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 1:17 am

The only games I have for my PS3 are GT6 and GT5. I was thinking about it for a minute, but GameStop will give me a quarter and a chewed up lollipop for it. I also don't want to deal with selling locally.

Who knows, maybe there will be an older game I find that I really like for the PS3. Right now, it's a GT machine.
Back to top Go down
Koolaid
Touge Veteran
Koolaid

Xbox One vs. PS4  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox One vs. PS4    Xbox One vs. PS4  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 1:20 am

Titan Fall is amazing, from what i hear its a lot different than the 360 version and i'll probably end up swapping over to PC when i build one in the summer.
Its a lot of fun and a good change of pace from COD.
If your big in to FPS, whether you win or lose you're still going to have a good time unless you're playing too competitive.
Its kinda like COD, unreal, and Halo with parkour mashed together.
Back to top Go down
Konasumi
Touge Veteran
Konasumi

Xbox One vs. PS4  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox One vs. PS4    Xbox One vs. PS4  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 1:26 am

It sounds great! I'll have to pick it up as soon as I can get a GTX 750 Ti.

Ah, you're building a PC? What specs are you looking at? I'm getting money together right now to build myself a good machine this Summer.
Back to top Go down
StrawberryGL
Touge Veteran
StrawberryGL

Xbox One vs. PS4  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox One vs. PS4    Xbox One vs. PS4  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 9:21 am

Mulchy wrote:
The difference is I've actually played them...

Welcome to 2006, except this time the PS4 has an online fee, so there truly is no difference between them. As of now Xbox has the exclusives, Ps4 is less expensive, at least to me.

I'm really just sticking to my PS3 for now though, my LIVE account ran out and the only game I played on Xbox that I can't play on PS3 is Forza so i'm not gonna renew it. Anyone else get Dark Souls 2? I also want to try Titanfall, I keep hearing that it's really good and I haven't played an FPS since Halo Reach.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TEHROFLKINFE?feature=mhee
Mulchy
Mountain Pass Master
Mulchy

Xbox One vs. PS4  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox One vs. PS4    Xbox One vs. PS4  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 5:54 pm

I meant they're similar in gameplay, to the point where there is no identifiable difference.
Sorry Koolaid :-) I'm still saving for a new car so no games for now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Xbox One vs. PS4  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox One vs. PS4    Xbox One vs. PS4  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Xbox One vs. PS4
Page 1 of 1