Touge Union
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport's Touge Community

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[GT5] Battle Challenge: Obelisk vs Konasumi [Kona wins]

Go down 
+3
bukkaz
Konasumi
Obelisk
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
bukkaz
Fujiwara
bukkaz

[GT5] Battle Challenge: Obelisk vs Konasumi [Kona wins] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [GT5] Battle Challenge: Obelisk vs Konasumi [Kona wins]   [GT5] Battle Challenge: Obelisk vs Konasumi [Kona wins] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 8:54 am

Ialyrn wrote:
You should see the S2000 in C and B class in FM5 lol.
lol yeah ive driven it on fm5 and its nice Smile
Back to top Go down
bukkaz
Fujiwara
bukkaz

PostSubject: Re: [GT5] Battle Challenge: Obelisk vs Konasumi [Kona wins]   [GT5] Battle Challenge: Obelisk vs Konasumi [Kona wins] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 9:00 am

I never drove the opera S2K but I managed a 7:38 on the ring in a normal one, cant remember which year the S2000 was though
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: [GT5] Battle Challenge: Obelisk vs Konasumi [Kona wins]   [GT5] Battle Challenge: Obelisk vs Konasumi [Kona wins] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 9:02 am

bukkaz wrote:
I never drove the opera S2K but I managed a 7:38 on the ring in a normal one, cant remember which year the S2000 was though
The Opera is a nice one. I run it with just engine and transmission parts and still managed a 7:46.
Back to top Go down
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: [GT5] Battle Challenge: Obelisk vs Konasumi [Kona wins]   [GT5] Battle Challenge: Obelisk vs Konasumi [Kona wins] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 9:15 am

Obelisk wrote:
bukkaz wrote:
The Opera is a nice one.  I run it with just engine and transmission parts and still managed a 7:46.

Contrary to popular belief, the ring is pretty much a handling track (baring a few sections here an there). This is why those rent for ring suzuki swifts dominate road going sports cars, well unless a pro (or even amateur but good) driver is behind the wheel! The difference in HP on a straight can be nullified in the corners, so by not using upgraded suspension and handling parts; you will be at a pretty big deficit in the corners. In the majority of races, they are won or lost in the corners most times. Given Kona's skill at driving in video games, I am pretty sure he can get away with running more power. I dont mean to be rude here Obelisk, but from what I have seen in forza from you, you really need all the help with handling you can get. All it will take is for Kona to consistently get a better corner exit than you, and you will no longer be able to see him.
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: [GT5] Battle Challenge: Obelisk vs Konasumi [Kona wins]   [GT5] Battle Challenge: Obelisk vs Konasumi [Kona wins] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 9:20 am

Ialyrn wrote:
Obelisk wrote:
bukkaz wrote:
The Opera is a nice one.  I run it with just engine and transmission parts and still managed a 7:46.

Contrary to popular belief, the ring is pretty much a handling track (baring a few sections here an there). This is why those rent for ring suzuki swifts dominate road going sports cars, well unless a pro (or even amateur but good) driver is behind the wheel! The difference in HP on a straight can be nullified in the corners, so by not using upgraded suspension and handling parts; you will be at a pretty big deficit in the corners. In the majority of races, they are won or lost in the corners most times. Given Kona's skill at driving in video games, I am pretty sure he can get away with running more power. I dont mean to be rude here Obelisk, but from what I have seen in forza from you, you really need all the help with handling you can get. All it will take is for Kona to consistently get a better corner exit than you, and you will no longer be able to see him.

My big issue is understanding the numbers in the suspension menu. The only one I understand completely is camber/toe.
Back to top Go down
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: [GT5] Battle Challenge: Obelisk vs Konasumi [Kona wins]   [GT5] Battle Challenge: Obelisk vs Konasumi [Kona wins] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 9:26 am

I have not played GT for a while, but the ways of tuning should be pretty smiler in most respects to Forza. The only real difference is in the physics, so you could always transfer some of what you have learnt from Forza over, and vice versa. The settings themselves wont work great between both games, but the principles will still stand. Its mainly a case of tuning to suit yourself though, but I wont get into the ways I do it, there are plenty of tuning guides around the internet. You should check out tuning advice on youtube, and even ask around on here. You will be surprised how much people will help on here if you ask for it, some people may even surprise you.
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: [GT5] Battle Challenge: Obelisk vs Konasumi [Kona wins]   [GT5] Battle Challenge: Obelisk vs Konasumi [Kona wins] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 1:42 pm

^Whittled the time to a 7:41 on the sports suspension

The battle is going to be in an hour and 15 minutes! All spectators should ask Konasumi or me for invites to watch.
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: [GT5] Battle Challenge: Obelisk vs Konasumi [Kona wins]   [GT5] Battle Challenge: Obelisk vs Konasumi [Kona wins] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 2:52 pm

The battle is in 8 minutes!
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: [GT5] Battle Challenge: Obelisk vs Konasumi [Kona wins]   [GT5] Battle Challenge: Obelisk vs Konasumi [Kona wins] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 3:11 pm

Round 1: Obelisk Loses (Passed (.867 s)
Back to top Go down
Konasumi
Touge Veteran
Konasumi

PostSubject: Re: [GT5] Battle Challenge: Obelisk vs Konasumi [Kona wins]   [GT5] Battle Challenge: Obelisk vs Konasumi [Kona wins] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 3:22 pm

Round 1: Obelisk leads, Konasumi chases.
Round 1 Results: Konasumi Wins (Overtake)
Round 2: Konasumi leads, Obelisk chases.
Round 2 Results: Konasumi Wins (Outrun)

Winner: Konasumi

Good race, Obelisk!
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: [GT5] Battle Challenge: Obelisk vs Konasumi [Kona wins]   [GT5] Battle Challenge: Obelisk vs Konasumi [Kona wins] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 3:25 pm

Good race Kona! If I didn't eat the barrier at the end of the second round, I'd have forced a round 3 because I was catchung up on the back straight.
Back to top Go down
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: [GT5] Battle Challenge: Obelisk vs Konasumi [Kona wins]   [GT5] Battle Challenge: Obelisk vs Konasumi [Kona wins] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 4:04 pm

Congrats Kona
Back to top Go down
Konasumi
Touge Veteran
Konasumi

PostSubject: Re: [GT5] Battle Challenge: Obelisk vs Konasumi [Kona wins]   [GT5] Battle Challenge: Obelisk vs Konasumi [Kona wins] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 4:35 pm

Ialyrn wrote:
Congrats Kona

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: [GT5] Battle Challenge: Obelisk vs Konasumi [Kona wins]   [GT5] Battle Challenge: Obelisk vs Konasumi [Kona wins] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 4:41 pm

Yeah, congrats Kona.

Sooner or later, I'll beat you!
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: [GT5] Battle Challenge: Obelisk vs Konasumi [Kona wins]   [GT5] Battle Challenge: Obelisk vs Konasumi [Kona wins] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 4:25 pm

Hey Ialyrn, do you recall what you said about those exit speeds? I just went back and studied the replays, and I foumd that most of my exit speeds on the heavy turns are about the same as Kona's, and I had consistently higher exit speeds on long, hard kinks such as the one before the carousel hairpins.
Back to top Go down
Nate
Tofu Delivery Driver
Nate

PostSubject: Re: [GT5] Battle Challenge: Obelisk vs Konasumi [Kona wins]   [GT5] Battle Challenge: Obelisk vs Konasumi [Kona wins] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 7:44 pm

Congrats Kona, was there any footage recorded?
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: [GT5] Battle Challenge: Obelisk vs Konasumi [Kona wins]   [GT5] Battle Challenge: Obelisk vs Konasumi [Kona wins] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 8:03 pm

Nate wrote:
Yes. It should be on Kona's channel tomorrow or tuesday.
Back to top Go down
Konasumi
Touge Veteran
Konasumi

PostSubject: Re: [GT5] Battle Challenge: Obelisk vs Konasumi [Kona wins]   [GT5] Battle Challenge: Obelisk vs Konasumi [Kona wins] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 9:24 pm

Obelisk wrote:
Nate wrote:
Yes.  It should be on Kona's channel tomorrow or tuesday.

I am in the final stages of editing it right now. It should be available Tuesday, at the latest.
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: [GT5] Battle Challenge: Obelisk vs Konasumi [Kona wins]   [GT5] Battle Challenge: Obelisk vs Konasumi [Kona wins] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 9:28 pm

"Yaaay" ~Konasumi
Back to top Go down
Nate
Tofu Delivery Driver
Nate

PostSubject: Re: [GT5] Battle Challenge: Obelisk vs Konasumi [Kona wins]   [GT5] Battle Challenge: Obelisk vs Konasumi [Kona wins] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 4:38 am

Obelisk wrote:
Oh god.  Bukkaz, on a scale of 1-10,how potent is the Opera S2K on GT6?  Nate said he ran a 7:36 in one.

Believe me Obelisk, they are very good, so I I'd say 9  Razz 

The Opera S2000 & the Amuse S2000 R1 are very quick when tuned correctly. But to be honest with you I think it's any car that comes with downforce already, race cars/road cars with any rear aero just have so much grip so you can happily tune the car to turn in better and still not lose any.

I drove the *Deep Breath*: Gran Turismo Amuse/Opera Performance GRAN TURISMO 350Z RS and it was also very quick.

Adding your own aero to any of your cars just doesn't give the same results, you'll find the aero settings can run all the way up to 200 on pre-built aero car's but most of the time on a car you have put aero on you'll only get up to 20!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [GT5] Battle Challenge: Obelisk vs Konasumi [Kona wins]   [GT5] Battle Challenge: Obelisk vs Konasumi [Kona wins] - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[GT5] Battle Challenge: Obelisk vs Konasumi [Kona wins]
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2