Touge Union
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport's Touge Community

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Initial D Arcade Stage

Go down 
+12
lBrawnyemperoRl
Obelisk
BeamierMoth
Steinkrunk
MiNd
Avanti
bukkaz
Konasumi
Koolaid
StrawberryGL
KraZe
betadood
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
bukkaz
Fujiwara
bukkaz

Initial D Arcade Stage - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Initial D Arcade Stage   Initial D Arcade Stage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 6:54 pm

Nicely done that man^
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Initial D Arcade Stage   Initial D Arcade Stage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 12:16 am

So I just came back from AWA and I bought myself a Japanese copy of Initial D Extreme Stage for PS3 yo! Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
betadood
Touge Enthusiast
betadood

PostSubject: Re: Initial D Arcade Stage   Initial D Arcade Stage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 12:19 am

What's your PSN? We could do some runs if you want. Mine is bdood86.
Back to top Go down
http://forzastats.com/Player/Betadood
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Initial D Arcade Stage   Initial D Arcade Stage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 12:20 am

FoB_KraZe but I won't be online 'till December Sad

edit: I forgot that one of my friends has a PS3 and lives near my dorm so I'll just play it at his place I'll give you his PSN later.
Back to top Go down
betadood
Touge Enthusiast
betadood

PostSubject: Re: Initial D Arcade Stage   Initial D Arcade Stage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 12:26 am

All right, that should give you plenty of time to get used to the physics and full tune some cars. Make sure to get the DLC off the JPN PSN store, it has the RX8 1st gen miata and the altezza.
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Initial D Arcade Stage   Initial D Arcade Stage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 1:41 pm

betadood wrote:
Man that sucks, at least you have one near you Sad. Although I doubt there are cards there either. It's too bad arcades are all dead in America, unless you count those claw games you find everywhere  Laughing.
Arcades still thrive around here, but not as standalones. There's a massive arcade down in Rhide Island called Dave & Busters, and thete's one a few towns from me called the Charlie Horse.
Back to top Go down
betadood
Touge Enthusiast
betadood

PostSubject: Re: Initial D Arcade Stage   Initial D Arcade Stage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 5:34 pm

I'm pretty sure everyone has heard of dave and busters and stuff like that, what I mean by arcades are ones that have games you would never find in typical arcades. Stuff like light gun games or typical arcade racers only do so much for me. If an arcade doesn't even have a street fighter or pacman around somewhere then I can't really call it an arcade.

Last edited by betadood on Sat May 09, 2015 1:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Initial D Arcade Stage   Initial D Arcade Stage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 5:56 pm

There have been a total of 4 arcades near me that had Initial D ver 3 but only one of them isn't out of business already and the ID machine is so old it only works well 50% of the time. Sad

There was one that had Battle Gear and F355 Challenge they were so cool.
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Initial D Arcade Stage   Initial D Arcade Stage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 6:28 pm

@beta-Oh, in that case, yes. arcades are dead. But you may be able.to find an older machine somewhere.
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Initial D Arcade Stage   Initial D Arcade Stage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 1:25 pm

I have a barely upgraded FD3S and I managed to beat everyone in Lake Akina, Myogi and Akagi. But now I'm getting whooped by Ryosuke at Akina (btw Takumi is a god I can't even see how I can beat him without a fully upgraded car). I might just skip to Irohazaka and beat the Emperors first to make more money for my wankel.
Back to top Go down
betadood
Touge Enthusiast
betadood

PostSubject: Re: Initial D Arcade Stage   Initial D Arcade Stage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 2:28 pm

Yeah the physics are really wierd to get used to, you have to know how fast you can enter and exit corners based on what the game wants. For example a turn might have a 164kmph entry and a 142kmph exit at max. If you go past those speeds then you lose control of your car and the acceleration becomes stunted. Upgrade the FD's handling first as it has a little more power than most cars stock. And usually if someone has around 10 stars for their difficulty then you should just come back to them later.
Back to top Go down
StrawberryGL
Touge Veteran
StrawberryGL

PostSubject: Re: Initial D Arcade Stage   Initial D Arcade Stage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 10:15 am

Just wait until the Tomoyuki race.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TEHROFLKINFE?feature=mhee
lBrawnyemperoRl
Touge Elite

PostSubject: Re: Initial D Arcade Stage   Initial D Arcade Stage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 11:05 am

KraZe wrote:
I have a barely upgraded FD3S and I managed to beat everyone in Lake Akina, Myogi and Akagi.  But now I'm getting whooped by Ryosuke at Akina (btw Takumi is a god I can't even see how I can beat him without a fully upgraded car).  I might just skip to Irohazaka and beat the Emperors first to make more money for my wankel.
got that same problem with takumi on akina downhill on extreme stage. i can barely beat ryosuke but takumi is extreme
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Initial D Arcade Stage   Initial D Arcade Stage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 11:50 am

Once I'm done with the FD I'll make an S2000 next I bet having 6 gears must help a lot!
Back to top Go down
Koolaid
Touge Veteran
Koolaid

PostSubject: Re: Initial D Arcade Stage   Initial D Arcade Stage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 11:51 am

Went back to play at the bar/arcade and they took out the car reader for version 3... T___T
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Initial D Arcade Stage   Initial D Arcade Stage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 6:32 pm

So after upgrading my car a bit more I beat Ryosuke and I had the closest ever race with Takumi.  He overtook me on the 2nd corner, then I used the gutters to gain enough speed to pass him on the first straightaway, then he passed me in the hairpins, and then I managed to glue myself to his butt by the end of the last straight, on the 3 lane wide corner I got side by side to him and went round the outside of the second to last corner but managed to keep him from passing me so the I had the inside on the very last corner and crossed the finish line half a car length ahead.  Funnest race I've had in this game.

Now that I unlocked Tomoyuki I'm pretty pissed because my first attempt I lost by 115m, then my second attempt I lost by 25m, but my third try I almost passed him on the last corner but the fucker blocked me and I ended 4.9m behind kissing his ass.  I have failed to come closer than that.
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Initial D Arcade Stage   Initial D Arcade Stage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 6:35 pm

More upgrades needed.
Back to top Go down
betadood
Touge Enthusiast
betadood

PostSubject: Re: Initial D Arcade Stage   Initial D Arcade Stage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 6:40 pm

Yeah Tomoyuki is ridiculous, it doesn't help that the physics for Happogahara are just the Irohazaka physics slapped on to a different course. Happogahara was a really cool track to, it's a shame that it's so broken in version 4. Good job on beating Takumi though, what's your fastest lap on Akina? Mine is a 3:04 if i'm not mistaken.
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Initial D Arcade Stage   Initial D Arcade Stage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 6:47 pm

Haven't done time trials yet, I'm trying to fully upgrade my FD before doing those but next time I get to play it I'll give it a shot.
Back to top Go down
betadood
Touge Enthusiast
betadood

PostSubject: Re: Initial D Arcade Stage   Initial D Arcade Stage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 6:48 pm

That's a good idea, no point in going for time attacks if your car isn't even fully tuned.
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Initial D Arcade Stage   Initial D Arcade Stage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 1:47 am

Managed to beat Tomoyuki by a hair definitely one of the toughest races I've done.  I did a reference run with my partially tuned car down Akina and clocked a...
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
betadood
Touge Enthusiast
betadood

PostSubject: Re: Initial D Arcade Stage   Initial D Arcade Stage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 3:01 am

What's the stages for your upgrades at? And keep in mind that every course has different physics, you have to know how to exploit each track if that makes any sense.
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Initial D Arcade Stage   Initial D Arcade Stage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 1:08 pm

Yeah I noticed that on Happogahara you get sudden boosts of acceleration if you hit every apex or just take the inside in general. My chassis upgrades are low at Stage 3, my ECU is at Stage 4, my Suspension parts are at Stage 5, and then my Engine is at Stages 6-7.
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Initial D Arcade Stage   Initial D Arcade Stage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 1:51 am

I just beat Bunta with a 3:20.078 DH Akina in the FD3S ^_^ Now I can focus on Full Tuning my car.
Back to top Go down
StrawberryGL
Touge Veteran
StrawberryGL

PostSubject: Re: Initial D Arcade Stage   Initial D Arcade Stage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 3:13 pm

Nice, my best on Akina is a 3:10 in the FC.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TEHROFLKINFE?feature=mhee
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Initial D Arcade Stage   Initial D Arcade Stage - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Initial D Arcade Stage
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next