Touge Union
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport's Touge Community

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Official Forza 5 Discussion

Go down 
+11
skitchin
Mulchy
lBrawnyemperoRl
Koolaid
Ialyrn
KraZe
bukkaz
betadood
StrawberryGL
Konasumi
MiNd
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
lBrawnyemperoRl
Touge Elite

Official Forza 5 Discussion - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Forza 5 Discussion   Official Forza 5 Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 2:32 am

Yeah with all the downsides fm5 has it still is the greatest racing game out there (excluding pc games) cant wait to hop my ass into that classic celica and the veneno tonight
Back to top Go down
bukkaz
Fujiwara
bukkaz

PostSubject: Re: Official Forza 5 Discussion   Official Forza 5 Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 8:18 am

^ We should have a race on the nurb
Back to top Go down
lBrawnyemperoRl
Touge Elite

PostSubject: Re: Official Forza 5 Discussion   Official Forza 5 Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 9:46 am

Yeah ill hop on right away when i get home and buy me that season pass.

When you gonna be on? Think ill be back around 2-3am maybe
Back to top Go down
bukkaz
Fujiwara
bukkaz

PostSubject: Re: Official Forza 5 Discussion   Official Forza 5 Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 10:54 am

2am-3am your time?
Back to top Go down
lBrawnyemperoRl
Touge Elite

PostSubject: Re: Official Forza 5 Discussion   Official Forza 5 Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 12:53 pm

Yeah think your one hour behind?
Back to top Go down
bukkaz
Fujiwara
bukkaz

PostSubject: Re: Official Forza 5 Discussion   Official Forza 5 Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 4:40 pm

Yeah I think I am
Back to top Go down
lBrawnyemperoRl
Touge Elite

PostSubject: Re: Official Forza 5 Discussion   Official Forza 5 Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 10:26 pm

I was on just now but i couldnt even finish a testlap on nordschleife. Waaaay too tired sorry
Back to top Go down
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Official Forza 5 Discussion   Official Forza 5 Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 4:08 am

I cant do anything about those times on the ring Bukkaz, well at the moment anyway. I have been waiting since the 1st of July for Thrustmaster to replace my wheel, getting a bit pissed off now. The wheel wont connect to my xbox one or pc any more, so I would assume the USB controller in the wheel as fucked up. It still gets power from the mains supply, and there is definitely a signal going through the USB, as the wheel moves slightly at initial plugin. Honestly, I think trading standards might get a call!! So fed up of waiting now, and I really can not be bothered with Forza on a control pad anymore!
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Official Forza 5 Discussion   Official Forza 5 Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 9:09 pm

More free DLC? Woah
Back to top Go down
Akiyama-Wataru
Water Spiller
Akiyama-Wataru

PostSubject: Re: Official Forza 5 Discussion   Official Forza 5 Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 9:13 pm

KraZe wrote:

More free DLC? Woah
Placed Rank 17 on that hot lap and i think Rin Hojo placed 16
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Official Forza 5 Discussion   Official Forza 5 Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2014 10:22 pm

Hey, bumping an old thread since I just snagged FM5.

Been practicing with R class cars so I can top the leaderboards with the 2E and the 312 SP.

With the latter, I hit a 1:39.550 on the longest variant of the Bermese Alps (Ialyrn hit a 1:37 in the same car on the same event) and a 1:43 with the 2E.
Back to top Go down
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Official Forza 5 Discussion   Official Forza 5 Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2014 12:53 pm

I think I have a GT86 tune up on my sharefront that I was working on for some spec racing. You should check it out Obelisk, if it is there that is. If it isn't, let me know and I will share it. Should have the description tougegp if I remember correctly.
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Official Forza 5 Discussion   Official Forza 5 Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2014 12:57 pm

If you have the 2E, i'll share my tune. I'll also send over my 312SP tune for feedback, because I'm still getting oversteer troubles.

As for the GT86, I'll have to go grab one first and then I'll look at it.
Back to top Go down
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Official Forza 5 Discussion   Official Forza 5 Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2014 1:04 pm

With the way FM5 is, you usually have to use TCS with the likes of the 312, the Lotus e21, and some of the other higher classes of cars. The xbox one controller lacks the range of motion the 360 controller had.

Share any tunes you like on FM5, and put the info on here for what I need to search for. The sharefront in FM5 isnt as easy to find things as FM4's storefront. I will test them when I can get to them, and let you know how they handle. I have like 50mill in game, so I can afford to buy the cars+upgrades multiple times over lol. You should also check out mine and Bukkaz Bclass time on the ring. Bukkaz is using a touge legal tune, and is at 90 on the LB, I am in a circuit derived tune and at 91 on the LB.
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Official Forza 5 Discussion   Official Forza 5 Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2014 1:18 pm

I was able to run the 1:39 with the 312 without the TCS, so I guess that counts for something. It mostly slides under braking.

2E tune keywords: Grip, Good All Around description: 2egen
312 tune keyword: Grip, Good for Handling description: time trial
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Official Forza 5 Discussion   Official Forza 5 Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2014 5:04 pm

So, I drove the GT86 tune you put up. It understeers more than I expected it to, but I can handle it.
Back to top Go down
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Official Forza 5 Discussion   Official Forza 5 Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2014 5:28 pm

If you are suffering with understeer, then you must be driving like your in that 312 still lol. Use the brake more, its still a road car. It is tuned to understeer if you go to hot into a corner.

Also, make sure your deadzones are at 0/100 for steering, throttle and brake.
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Official Forza 5 Discussion   Official Forza 5 Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2014 5:31 pm

I'm kinda stuck in 'powerful historic racer' mode lol. I'll fix the deadzones tonight
Back to top Go down
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Official Forza 5 Discussion   Official Forza 5 Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2014 5:36 pm

I can get that, you just have to drive it like a road car though. It will kick the back end out also, but you have to really be treating it with some disrespect.
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Official Forza 5 Discussion   Official Forza 5 Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2014 5:41 pm

I will do what I can to keep it going.

Did you look at my tunes yet?
Back to top Go down
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Official Forza 5 Discussion   Official Forza 5 Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2014 5:49 pm

No, not been on the xbox yet.
Back to top Go down
MiNd
Founder
MiNd

PostSubject: Re: Official Forza 5 Discussion   Official Forza 5 Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2015 9:22 am

So I have bought Forza 5 about a month ago. Since then I spent a few hours playing and here are my thoughts. This is more a rant about things inside the game, not all the features they took out.

So straight away, first thing I noticed is that "Normal steering" seems to be a hybrid between Forza 4's normal steering and simulation steering. In addition it seems very random at times. I have had times where small inputs flick the car as if I was using sim steering, and other times while drifting where the wheel seems to take extremely long to change direction, by the time it does, I'm already facing the other way. I have somewhat adapted to the differences between FM4 and FM5, but still while driving, I occasionally notice strange reactions with the way the car steers.

The physics.....there are things I do like and seem like an improvement and other times, I hate them. I have only driven a handful of cars, probably about 10 in total (I did a few of the class championships so spending lots of time in few of the cars). Most of these purpose built race cars act as expected with them. The few times I jumped in road cars, were in cycled production. I happened to get a race with a few different high end production cars. I ended up laughing out loud several times at my first race with one. Most corners went from comical understeer to tons of oversteer. Having seen some of these cars on top gear, they don't seem like they should handle like this because Jeremy, James, and Richard didn't bash these cars. Most of these production cars seemed like the Lexus RCF that Jeremy tested in one of the last episodes, in which he said it was awful.

The other thing that I cannot stand is the AI Drivatars. Now...in Forza 4, the AI on the hardest difficultly did pretty well. They would have some weird lines or premature braking zones BUTthey were consistent it. After racing the AI several times on a particular track, you quickly learn the 1 or 2 corners where they could potentially go full retard.

Forza 5 Drivatars have the potential to go full retard at every corner and even on some straights.
Very quickly, being the Formula One fan I am, did the F1 category so all AI in the same car. I set the AI on the second highest, Pro, hoping for it to be a good race. NOPE! Even on unbeatable, the highest difficulty, they take half the corners at a snails pace. Very frequently they brake way early or way to late and slide off the track. Only the AI in first place who broke away from the pack seemed to corner somewhat fast, but upon getting closer he also was very dumb. On Spa, this #1 AI regularly took a line which corner cut the last 2 hairpins, as if the walls were the corners, not the actual track. If you took the line normally, he would drive perpendicularly across the track in front of you. Seriously?

I'd like the thank Turn 10 for Drivatars, which bring the annoying and bad drivers into single player.
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Official Forza 5 Discussion   Official Forza 5 Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2015 9:40 am

MiNd wrote:
So I have bought Forza 5 about a month ago. Since then I spent a few hours playing and here are my thoughts. This is more a rant about things inside the game, not all the features they took out.

So straight away, first thing I noticed is that "Normal steering" seems to be a hybrid between Forza 4's normal steering and simulation steering. In addition it seems very random at times. I have had times where small inputs flick the car as if I was using sim steering, and other times while drifting where the wheel seems to take extremely long to change direction, by the time it does, I'm already facing the other way. I have somewhat adapted to the differences between FM4 and FM5, but still while driving, I occasionally notice strange reactions with the way the car steers.

The physics.....there are things I do like and seem like an improvement and other times, I hate them. I have only driven a handful of cars, probably about 10 in total (I did a few of the class championships so spending lots of time in few of the cars). Most of these purpose built race cars act as expected with them. The few times I jumped in road cars, were in cycled production. I happened to get a race with a few different high end production cars. I ended up laughing out loud several times at my first race with one. Most corners went from comical understeer to tons of oversteer. Having seen some of these cars on top gear, they don't seem like they should handle like this because Jeremy, James, and Richard didn't bash these cars. Most of these production cars seemed like the Lexus RCF that Jeremy tested in one of the last episodes, in which he said it was awful.

The other thing that I cannot stand is the AI Drivatars. Now...in Forza 4, the AI on the hardest difficultly did pretty well. They would have some weird lines or premature braking zones BUTthey were consistent it. After racing the AI several times on a particular track, you quickly learn the 1 or 2 corners where they could potentially go full retard.

Forza 5 Drivatars have the potential to go full retard at every corner and even on some straights.
Very quickly, being the Formula One fan I am, did the F1 category so all AI in the same car. I set the AI on the second highest, Pro, hoping for it to be a good race. NOPE! Even on unbeatable, the highest difficulty, they take half the corners at a snails pace. Very frequently they brake way early or way to late and slide off the track. Only the AI in first place who broke away from the pack seemed to corner somewhat fast, but upon getting closer he also was very dumb. On Spa, this #1 AI regularly took a line which corner cut the last 2 hairpins, as if the walls were the corners, not the actual track. If you took the line normally, he would drive perpendicularly across the track in front of you. Seriously?

I'd like the thank Turn 10 for Drivatars, which bring the annoying and bad drivers into single player.
I have to agree with this. While FM5 is a great game, the drivatars and exotic cars make me laugh. There was one time where I was playing with Ialyrn to get some practice with the 458 Italia, and I ended up just missing a braking point. The car freaked out and wiped out harder than it should have.

Thankfully Horizon 2 is a bit better (Except that damned S2 Alfa I have. Need to fix it.)
Back to top Go down
MiNd
Founder
MiNd

PostSubject: Re: Official Forza 5 Discussion   Official Forza 5 Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2015 9:44 am

Horizon 2 fixed these problems, but also drastically dumbed down the physics entirely which takes away much of the enjoyment.

Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Official Forza 5 Discussion   Official Forza 5 Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2015 9:47 am

MiNd wrote:
Horizon 2 fixed these problems, but also drastically dumbed down the physics entirely which takes away much of the enjoyment.

It turned into another Horizon 1, and what I mean.by that is power wins everything, even when the handling is supposed to be more beneficial.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Forza 5 Discussion   Official Forza 5 Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official Forza 5 Discussion
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next