Touge Union
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport's Touge Community

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

retail PS4's failing!!! IGN and Kotaku affected!

Go down 
+5
KraZe
Koolaid
MiNd
StrawberryGL
Ialyrn
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast

retail PS4's failing!!! IGN and Kotaku affected! Empty
PostSubject: retail PS4's failing!!! IGN and Kotaku affected!   retail PS4's failing!!! IGN and Kotaku affected! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 9:21 am

A direct copy and paste from a post I made on the forza forums, just placing it up for information sake only.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

This possibly isn't even a widespread issue, but there are a few reports that retail versions of the PS4 failing.

IGN's retail PS4 stopped outputting while downloading Netflix, one IGN staff member placed a hand on the unit and it outputted PS4 homescreen images till the hand was removed.  Meanwhile, one of the units Kotaku had, they could not plug in the HDMI cable. There are also reports of people who won PS4's in a Taco Bell competetion, where winners received retail PS4's a day early (as per the competition from my understanding), are also experiencing the same/smiler issues. One user apparently streaming to twitch when their PS4 failed.
From what I have read, all affected PS4's have the 1.50 update (day one update) installed before the issue shows up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbQeFR-yML0 IGN video report.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/11/14/broken-playstation-4-systems Updated news report on IGN website, with original report at the bottom.

http://kotaku.com/the-playstation-4-the-kotaku-review-in-progress-1463521231 Kotaku's initial thoughts on the PS4, they mention the issue they had half way down the page.

As I said this may not be a widespread issue, it may just be a pure fluke. But figured it may be wise to post up here to forewarn people of any potential hardware failures.
Back to top Go down
StrawberryGL
Touge Veteran
StrawberryGL

PostSubject: Re: retail PS4's failing!!! IGN and Kotaku affected!   retail PS4's failing!!! IGN and Kotaku affected! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 10:40 am

I can't believe what a fiasco next-gen has turned out to be so far. First the Wii U completely bombs in sales and still has barely any games to date, then the One rears it head in all of it's DRM, watercooler, 499$, Kinect bundled glory, then Forza 5 is confirmed for a quarter of the content that was in FM4 and doesn't support it's own Forza branded wheel, THEN the PS4s start dying even before they leave the shelves and all it's day one exclusives get panned by critics.

Remember, don't buy consoles at launch.

Last edited by StrawberryGL on Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TEHROFLKINFE?feature=mhee
MiNd
Founder
MiNd

PostSubject: Re: retail PS4's failing!!! IGN and Kotaku affected!   retail PS4's failing!!! IGN and Kotaku affected! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 10:41 am

retail PS4's failing!!! IGN and Kotaku affected! Mygosh2_zps964994a4
retail PS4's failing!!! IGN and Kotaku affected! Tumblr_lz5ia86DVz1qdeocv
Back to top Go down
Koolaid
Touge Veteran
Koolaid

PostSubject: Re: retail PS4's failing!!! IGN and Kotaku affected!   retail PS4's failing!!! IGN and Kotaku affected! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 11:04 am

retail PS4's failing!!! IGN and Kotaku affected! 3-56
Back to top Go down
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: retail PS4's failing!!! IGN and Kotaku affected!   retail PS4's failing!!! IGN and Kotaku affected! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 11:47 am

Yep, the bad news keeps coming from both sides; but very worrying that just lately more are coming from the Sony camp. I may not like them as a company so much (2005/2007 Sony Music DRM rootkit scandle, which fudged up my PC at the time! and waiting two weeks to inform PS3 users of a hack on a massive scale to PSN come to mind as reasons why, which is the reason why my bf swapped over to xbox); but I would never wish these sort of hardware failures on the thousands of people who are about to pick up their PS4's. I do hope these are just isolated issues, if there not, Sony will be royally screwed.
Back to top Go down
StrawberryGL
Touge Veteran
StrawberryGL

PostSubject: Re: retail PS4's failing!!! IGN and Kotaku affected!   retail PS4's failing!!! IGN and Kotaku affected! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 12:56 pm

I hope that it won't be on the scale of the 360's failure rate. I had to buy 3 Xboxes total last gen and had to pay for repairs 8 times because they kept red ringing. Never again.
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: retail PS4's failing!!! IGN and Kotaku affected!   retail PS4's failing!!! IGN and Kotaku affected! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 1:21 pm

StrawberryGL wrote:
I hope that it won't be on the scale of the 360's failure rate. I had to buy 3 Xboxes total last gen and had to pay for repairs 8 times because they kept red ringing. Never again.
I've had 4. My first one red ringed the very day I bought it. My second one failed a year later, the third one a year after that, and now my fourth one is miraculously still alive. Only took Microsoft 3 years to fix it. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
MiNd
Founder
MiNd

PostSubject: Re: retail PS4's failing!!! IGN and Kotaku affected!   retail PS4's failing!!! IGN and Kotaku affected! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 1:32 pm

The 1st gen 360 lastest until 2 years ago for me, and it didn't actually red ring, something on the inside of the video output stopped working, I bet if went back and used HDMI cable, it would work. But after it stopped displaying anything I got the slim version, had that since.

So only 2 xboxs since it came out, which is amazing from how much I played it and moved it around (nearly every weekend at one point), I think my xbox has been in like 14 different states lol
Back to top Go down
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: retail PS4's failing!!! IGN and Kotaku affected!   retail PS4's failing!!! IGN and Kotaku affected! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 1:59 pm

ive had 2 as well, my first was a day one 360, lasted almost 3 years. Xbox support replaced the unit, but I bought an arcade while waiting. I sold the unit they sent back to me. My bf bought a slim when he got rid of his ps3.
Back to top Go down
lBrawnyemperoRl
Touge Elite

PostSubject: Re: retail PS4's failing!!! IGN and Kotaku affected!   retail PS4's failing!!! IGN and Kotaku affected! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 2:01 pm

I had a first gen 360 all the way through till i bought the slim two years ago which i only did for the 250gig hd. The old 20gig 360 is still running smooth at a friends house
Back to top Go down
Mulchy
Mountain Pass Master
Mulchy

PostSubject: Re: retail PS4's failing!!! IGN and Kotaku affected!   retail PS4's failing!!! IGN and Kotaku affected! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 6:18 pm

Not surprised to be honest. Not saying Sony did wrong, but with any newly released electronic component there are bound to be issues. The question is how will Sony handle theirs compared to the One? Granted the one has problems that is.
Back to top Go down
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: retail PS4's failing!!! IGN and Kotaku affected!   retail PS4's failing!!! IGN and Kotaku affected! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 3:56 pm

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-4-Support/bd-p/22090

its started

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-4-Support/Broken-PlayStation-4-Systems/td-p/42122503
Back to top Go down
betadood
Touge Enthusiast
betadood

PostSubject: Re: retail PS4's failing!!! IGN and Kotaku affected!   retail PS4's failing!!! IGN and Kotaku affected! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 4:17 pm

And this is why you don't swear brand allegiance and buy a console at launch.
Back to top Go down
http://forzastats.com/Player/Betadood
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: retail PS4's failing!!! IGN and Kotaku affected!   retail PS4's failing!!! IGN and Kotaku affected! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 4:19 pm

Still getting an X1 next week
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: retail PS4's failing!!! IGN and Kotaku affected!   retail PS4's failing!!! IGN and Kotaku affected! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 4:46 pm

Yeah seriously I don't feel any pity if a Sony fanboy gets a faulty PS4. I hope the Xbox fanboys get broken XB1s too, then they'll realize how dumb it is to bash on consoles that haven't even been released yet.

No offense to people buying the next gen consoles, I'm just fed up with the idiotic fanboy fights on the internet.
Back to top Go down
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: retail PS4's failing!!! IGN and Kotaku affected!   retail PS4's failing!!! IGN and Kotaku affected! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 4:53 pm

I know what you mean craze, I dont wish this crap an anyone though. but there is some irony though what with Sony fanboys using the RRod on the 360 in almost every argument recently.
Back to top Go down
betadood
Touge Enthusiast
betadood

PostSubject: Re: retail PS4's failing!!! IGN and Kotaku affected!   retail PS4's failing!!! IGN and Kotaku affected! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 5:00 pm

The last console I bought at launch was my 3DS. And while it's a great system now, it did take about a year and a half to get there. I expect a similar story with the xbox one and PS4.
Back to top Go down
http://forzastats.com/Player/Betadood
StrawberryGL
Touge Veteran
StrawberryGL

PostSubject: Re: retail PS4's failing!!! IGN and Kotaku affected!   retail PS4's failing!!! IGN and Kotaku affected! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 5:08 pm

Ialyrn wrote:
I know what you mean craze, I dont wish this crap an anyone though. but there is some irony though what with Sony fanboys using the RRod on the 360 in almost every argument recently.
And Xbox fans spout "no games" in almost every argument. Fanboys will always find a way to defend their purchase, you'd think it's a religion or something.
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: retail PS4's failing!!! IGN and Kotaku affected!   retail PS4's failing!!! IGN and Kotaku affected! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 11:11 pm

Oh boy defective PS4s rate at over 50% and Gamestop isn't accepting refunds. LOL
Back to top Go down
lBrawnyemperoRl
Touge Elite

PostSubject: Re: retail PS4's failing!!! IGN and Kotaku affected!   retail PS4's failing!!! IGN and Kotaku affected! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 2:29 am

Wtf? Man after all that trolling sony did back then on x1 features like drm and shit they sure fucked up hard
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: retail PS4's failing!!! IGN and Kotaku affected!   retail PS4's failing!!! IGN and Kotaku affected! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 11:50 pm

Sony was building themselves up on X1's failure and then ate their own words. My 360 hasn't failed at all, and neither has my PS2.
Back to top Go down
lBrawnyemperoRl
Touge Elite

PostSubject: Re: retail PS4's failing!!! IGN and Kotaku affected!   retail PS4's failing!!! IGN and Kotaku affected! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 1:32 am

To be honest my first 4 ps2s died every 2 years
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: retail PS4's failing!!! IGN and Kotaku affected!   retail PS4's failing!!! IGN and Kotaku affected! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 1:46 am

First 4? Damn I had the original PS2 since 2001 but I traded it in for a slim in 2004 or so. The slim that I still have stopped working about 3 years ago Sad I would still buy another PS2 just to be able play my NFS games and GT3/4 again.
Back to top Go down
lBrawnyemperoRl
Touge Elite

PostSubject: Re: retail PS4's failing!!! IGN and Kotaku affected!   retail PS4's failing!!! IGN and Kotaku affected! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 2:20 am

I got the slim as well as my fifth and DEFINATELY last ps2. In terms of that my 360never let me down so far. What annoyed me the most bout all those ps2s was that they crapped out only days after they ran out of warranty
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: retail PS4's failing!!! IGN and Kotaku affected!   retail PS4's failing!!! IGN and Kotaku affected! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 5:29 am

You guys had/have issues I never got. I got my slim PS2 in '05 and it never once failed on me, even when I did those 24hr Endurance races.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: retail PS4's failing!!! IGN and Kotaku affected!   retail PS4's failing!!! IGN and Kotaku affected! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

retail PS4's failing!!! IGN and Kotaku affected!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Touge Union :: Off Topic-
Jump to: