Touge Union
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport's Touge Community

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rear Swaybar HELP!!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Canyonkid
Wakaba

Rear Swaybar HELP!!! Empty
PostSubject: Rear Swaybar HELP!!!   Rear Swaybar HELP!!! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 5:15 pm

I am still trying to tune my eg and was wondering how big all you fwd drivers are running... Any comment is appreciated and also list your rear spring rates in conjuction to your sway bar...Right now i am running a 32 and wondering if anyone runs an even bigger one than that.
Please and Thankyou
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Rear Swaybar HELP!!!   Rear Swaybar HELP!!! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 6:17 pm

I don't drive FWD but Kirk once drove my EG6 & EK9 tunes and he commented that they drove really well. On those tunes I used the same rollbar settings I have on my RWD cars which is:
Front - 14.50
Rear - 4.50
It doesn't really matter what drivetrain the car is because a suspension setup should make a car balanced regardless of which wheels deliver the power.

So yeah in my opinion a rear stiffness of 32 is WAAAYY too high. Doesn't your rear swing out too much and cause oversteer?
Back to top Go down
Canyonkid
Wakaba

PostSubject: Re: Rear Swaybar HELP!!!   Rear Swaybar HELP!!! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 6:36 pm

I guess its partly due to driving style but im able to throw the rear end out on the turns i want but it stays nice and gripped to every other corner where i dont. And to add to that i also run very high rates in the rear just trying get rid of understeer...
Back to top Go down
kirk707
Tofu Delivery Driver

PostSubject: Re: Rear Swaybar HELP!!!   Rear Swaybar HELP!!! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 10:19 pm

You can achieve that same effect with fine tuning other aspects of the car, tho. Such a stiff roll bar can cause understeer and make the car feel very immobile.. You may find tuning the springs and damping for that stiff feeling instead and leaving the roll bars softer, the cars capabilities can be well improved.

That being said, there are many ways to tune FWDs so there isn't exactly one good way to do it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rear Swaybar HELP!!!   Rear Swaybar HELP!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rear Swaybar HELP!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Touge Union :: Forza Motorsport Section-
Jump to: