Touge Union
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport's Touge Community

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Newb - Where to Start?

Go down 
+9
Ialyrn
jusputitonmytab
CursedShark15
MiNd
Obelisk
Velarys
lBrawnyemperoRl
bukkaz
sthompson1986
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
lBrawnyemperoRl
Touge Elite

Newb - Where to Start? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newb - Where to Start?   Newb - Where to Start? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 6:58 am

Fujimi Kaido New Downhill
Back to top Go down
sthompson1986
Water Spiller
sthompson1986

PostSubject: Re: Newb - Where to Start?   Newb - Where to Start? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 1:51 pm

BlAcK Kn1gHt 1 wrote:
Fujimi Kaido New Downhill
Thanks
Back to top Go down
Street7Warrior
Water Spiller

PostSubject: Re: Newb - Where to Start?   Newb - Where to Start? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 10:16 pm

Obelisk wrote:
Welcome to Touge Union!  The FF system is pretty fun to drive on the touge--I drive a Twingo on Forza.  Hondas are definitely a solid base to start with, and they can be quite fast in B class.

Just don't use a 4WD in B class---take my word for it.
^ this ("Just don't use a 4WD in B class---take my word for it")
lol affraid  cheers 

The car that im fastest in is is r32 for B class, which currently as of 10-01-13, my for sure fastest is 4.45.??? Cool 
The Nissan gtr r32 is my MAIN downhill B-class car Cool 
(R34 is my main A-class car)Cool 
(I, have tried other cars before)

Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Newb - Where to Start?   Newb - Where to Start? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 10:29 pm

Street7Warrior wrote:
Obelisk wrote:
Welcome to Touge Union!  The FF system is pretty fun to drive on the touge--I drive a Twingo on Forza.  Hondas are definitely a solid base to start with, and they can be quite fast in B class.

Just don't use a 4WD in B class---take my word for it.
^ this ("Just don't use a 4WD in B class---take my word for it")
lol affraid  cheers 

The car that im fastest in is is r32 for B class, which currently as of 10-01-13, my for sure fastest is 4.45.??? Cool 
The Nissan gtr r32 is my MAIN downhill B-class car  Cool 
(R34 is my main A-class car)Cool 
(I, have tried other cars before)

There are SOME good 4WDs, yes, and that 32 is a solid car in Shadow Racers, but generally they get too heavy to use. The prime example being the Alfa Romeo Brera featured in-game.
Back to top Go down
Street7Warrior
Water Spiller

PostSubject: Re: Newb - Where to Start?   Newb - Where to Start? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 12:37 am

Understeer used to be a problem when I started out with the r32, another weakness besides weight.
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Newb - Where to Start?   Newb - Where to Start? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 5:41 am

^You have to really manipulate the suspension.

Warrior, could you gift that tune? I want to try it out.
Back to top Go down
sthompson1986
Water Spiller
sthompson1986

PostSubject: Re: Newb - Where to Start?   Newb - Where to Start? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 6:45 am

I have been getting on Forza online, and doing some public races. How do I go about finding you all? I would guess it would be under the user created/custom race list?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
bukkaz
Fujiwara
bukkaz

PostSubject: Re: Newb - Where to Start?   Newb - Where to Start? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 6:49 am

Yeah go onto custom lobbies and go into point to point races, im usually there in my AE86 Smile
Back to top Go down
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Newb - Where to Start?   Newb - Where to Start? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 6:51 am

Obelisk wrote:
^You have to really manipulate the suspension.

Warrior, could you gift that tune?  I want to try it out.
Besides the weight of the R32, you will find the differential can be causing a proportion of the understeer.
Don't get me wrong here as manipulating the suspension and alignment of the wheels does help, but you also have to set the diff up to deal with the torque steer. This usually means setting the power to go atleast 80% to the rear, along with having a higher accel on the front of anywhere between 40% and 70%. In most cases it would be wise to do a RWD swap on the R32, it reduces the weight more and takes away the torque steer issue completely. In essence it becomes a much more usable car, and you are still able to use the engines power. With the right suspension settings you would get a better turn in response as well.

I built an R32 in B class a long time ago, kept it AWD and was able to run 44's on NDH with it. In the hands of someone like Mindcharger, Kona, koolaid and a few others, I am pretty confident that it would almost be able to hit the 42's. But it would be pretty hard to do, even for those guys.

sthompson you are correct in thinking it is the user created section where we mostly hang out, but at the moment we are all hitting GTA 5 pretty hard. Your best bet would be to post you xbox live gamertag on here so we can add you to our friends list, that way we can invite you along when we hit Fujimi. Sometimes we will be in private lobbies, which do not show up on the user created list. An invite is needed to join those.
Back to top Go down
bukkaz
Fujiwara
bukkaz

PostSubject: Re: Newb - Where to Start?   Newb - Where to Start? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 6:55 am

What she said^ lol, im guna try a B class R32 and see what I get in it Smile
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Newb - Where to Start?   Newb - Where to Start? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 6:59 am

I want to do a 4WD tune but the Bora and Brera are not the best car. Might have to dig around a bit for a non-Skyline 4WD that works.

And maybe a GMC Syclone for the hell of it.
Back to top Go down
Ialyrn
Touge Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Newb - Where to Start?   Newb - Where to Start? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 7:09 am

You can AWD the AE86 and take it up into A-class, but it suffers in B class because you cant get enough power in their and have to run with stock/street tires on default widths.

In the first section of NDH in A class, an AWD AE86 is faster than Bukkaz FD LB time. Thats something to think about!
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Newb - Where to Start?   Newb - Where to Start? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 7:14 am

^I tried an 86 like that once.  Understeer was so bad the car oversteered at the same time.

I'll just look for a smaller car like maybe the 510 for a conversion or try a lighter 4WD in D or C class.
Back to top Go down
Clutch927
Touge Veteran
Clutch927

PostSubject: Re: Newb - Where to Start?   Newb - Where to Start? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 7:21 am

Obelisk, if you really wanna drive that car I say stick with it, you never know man you might be the next shinigami
Back to top Go down
sthompson1986
Water Spiller
sthompson1986

PostSubject: Re: Newb - Where to Start?   Newb - Where to Start? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 12:14 pm

Obelisk wrote:

sthompson you are correct in thinking it is the user created section where we mostly hang out, but at the moment we are all hitting GTA 5 pretty hard. Your best bet would be to post you xbox live gamertag on here so we can add you to our friends list, that way we can invite you along when we hit Fujimi. Sometimes we will be in private lobbies, which do not show up on the user created list. An invite is needed to join those.
My gamertag  =  Sthompson86

Last edited by sthompson1986 on Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Newb - Where to Start?   Newb - Where to Start? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 12:27 pm

You kinda screwed up the quoting there but oh well.

Request me, I'm RMedia Obelisk.
Back to top Go down
sthompson1986
Water Spiller
sthompson1986

PostSubject: Re: Newb - Where to Start?   Newb - Where to Start? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 1:26 pm

Obelisk wrote:
You kinda screwed up the quoting there but oh well.

Request me, I'm RMedia Obelisk.
Added you.
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Newb - Where to Start?   Newb - Where to Start? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 1:35 pm

I'll get to it when I get on my Xbox.
Back to top Go down
Street7Warrior
Water Spiller

PostSubject: Re: Newb - Where to Start?   Newb - Where to Start? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 8:26 pm

^
Obelisk, I got my r32 in the club garage.
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Newb - Where to Start?   Newb - Where to Start? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 8:45 pm

^My controller.is busted.
Back to top Go down
sthompson1986
Water Spiller
sthompson1986

PostSubject: Re: Newb - Where to Start?   Newb - Where to Start? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 7:38 pm

I have been practicing on NDH with a B class 12 Civic Si. Very hard for me to drive with a controller. I am used to my G25 wheel. I also find it hard to judge braking with Forza compared to PC sims. O well still working at it.
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Newb - Where to Start?   Newb - Where to Start? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 7:39 pm

sthompson1986 wrote:
I have been practicing on NDH with a B class 12 Civic Si.  Very hard for me to drive with a controller.  I am used to my G25 wheel.   I also find it hard to judge braking with Forza compared to PC sims.  O well still working at it.
You really struggled the last time we ran. You sure that Civic is built well? It's only 477 PI.
Back to top Go down
sthompson1986
Water Spiller
sthompson1986

PostSubject: Re: Newb - Where to Start?   Newb - Where to Start? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 7:51 pm

The controller is what I am having to get used to. Car modding is not the bigger issue. I feel disconnected from the car. Never have done serious PC/sim racing with a controller just with my G25.

Is there a rig or anything to get the G25 to work with XBox
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Newb - Where to Start?   Newb - Where to Start? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 7:58 pm

You can possibly get a Fanatec (idk how to spell it. KraZe has one, ask him about the series)but Google's your best friend. I'm more a controller person.
Back to top Go down
sthompson1986
Water Spiller
sthompson1986

PostSubject: Re: Newb - Where to Start?   Newb - Where to Start? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 8:07 pm

Obelisk wrote:
You can possibly get a Fanatec (idk how to spell it.  KraZe has one, ask him about the series)but Google's your best friend.  I'm more a controller person.
Yeap - May check on a Fanatec.

Driving isn't the issue it's just what I am steering with.

This is an old video of me on iracing using a wheel.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newb - Where to Start?   Newb - Where to Start? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Newb - Where to Start?
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next