Touge Union
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport's Touge Community

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Forza Touge Battle Challenge (FTBC) ***Attendance List***

Go down 
+4
bukkaz
Konasumi
KraZe
SaintedPlacebo4
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SaintedPlacebo4
Touge Enthusiast
SaintedPlacebo4

Forza Touge Battle Challenge (FTBC) ***Attendance List*** Empty
PostSubject: Forza Touge Battle Challenge (FTBC) ***Attendance List***   Forza Touge Battle Challenge (FTBC) ***Attendance List*** Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 9:01 pm

Forza Touge Battle Challenge (FTBC)

Hello Racers!

After a few months in the works, the details have been worked out on The Forza Touge Battle Challenge (FTBC). Every week on, Friday we will meet in a room at Fuji, and races will be held.

1.0 Race Layout
1.1: Each team will race Downhill then Uphill versus another team.
1.2: Each team gets 1 point per victory. First car to finish wins
1.3: In the event that each team has 1 point then a tie breaker race will take place.
1.3a: The tie breaker race will run with traditional touge rules
1.3.1: <100ft Cars switch places and run again
1.3.2: >100ft Lead car wins
1.3.3: Lead car gets passed, lead car loses.

2.0 Car Rules
2.1: Downhill Vehicle Rules
2.1.1: B500 PI. No Forza Aero.
2.1.3: Drive type cannot be changed.
2.1.4: Vehicles cannot be exotic or super cars i.e old super cars, old race cars, anything like that.

2.2 Uphill Vehicle Rules
2.2.1: A600PI. No Forza Aero.
2.2.2: Cars can be built how the racer would like.
2.2.3: Drive type cannot be changed.
2.2.4: Vehicles cannot be exotic or super cars i.e old super cars, old race cars, anything like that.
Note: Each driver on a team can run different cars and run a different car each week if they so wish as long as it is approved.

3.0 Liveries/Schemes/Paints
3.1: Paints can be done how you like, there are no required liveries or decals.
3.2: Fast and the Furious style paints are perfectly fine and as long as there is no profanity all is permitted.

4.0 Procedure
4.1: Each team will select which driver is doing downhill, and which will do uphill.
4.2: In the lobby only the 2 racers will ready up, the rest will spectate.
4.3: The sections for Downhill and Uphill will be announced and rotated each week.
4.4: Whoever wins by the largest margin gets to choose if he wants to lead or follow
4.5: Downhill race is first, followed by Uphill. For the tie breaker drivers get to choose amongst themselves which they would like to choose for the tie breaker.

Friday January 4th New Downhill, New Uphill

Privateer Drivers
Gamer Tag:
Select: Uphill or Downhill (or both)

Team name:
Downhill Driver:
Uphill Driver:

I will keep track of wins and losses for each team and create a ranking system if people would like me to do so. ie: Team Downhill wins, Team Uphill wins, Team tie breaker wins, and then a overall win and loss column with each team ranked 1-whatever. REVISED after the overwhelming movement to keep it simple.

Last edited by SaintedPlacebo4 on Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:01 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://drakeinternationalracing.webs.com/
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Forza Touge Battle Challenge (FTBC) ***Attendance List***   Forza Touge Battle Challenge (FTBC) ***Attendance List*** Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 9:06 pm

woah... this is a lot to take in... confused

Last edited by KraZe on Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Konasumi
Touge Veteran
Konasumi

PostSubject: Re: Forza Touge Battle Challenge (FTBC) ***Attendance List***   Forza Touge Battle Challenge (FTBC) ***Attendance List*** Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 9:07 pm

Never mind...

Last edited by Konasumi on Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4
Touge Enthusiast
SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Forza Touge Battle Challenge (FTBC) ***Attendance List***   Forza Touge Battle Challenge (FTBC) ***Attendance List*** Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 9:08 pm

Didnt take long to write up, had it down for about 3 months but i got side tracked form racing in a GT/GS/ST league. But what better place than here to post it (along with FM4 and another forum i am on)
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Forza Touge Battle Challenge (FTBC) ***Attendance List***   Forza Touge Battle Challenge (FTBC) ***Attendance List*** Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 9:12 pm

This is cool but I don't think weekly team battles will be possible since there aren't that many teams here yet (I think like 5 teams in total?) and not everyone is online that often either.
Also, most touge racers here have built cars that they have been running for a while that do not follow these restrictions (roll cage, slick tires, 550 PI, LB cars, etc.) I think this can be simplified to B500 downhill and A600 uphill in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
bukkaz
Fujiwara
bukkaz

PostSubject: Re: Forza Touge Battle Challenge (FTBC) ***Attendance List***   Forza Touge Battle Challenge (FTBC) ***Attendance List*** Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 9:18 pm

So we gotta run sports tires?
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4
Touge Enthusiast
SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Forza Touge Battle Challenge (FTBC) ***Attendance List***   Forza Touge Battle Challenge (FTBC) ***Attendance List*** Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 9:19 pm

The 550 was to keep out any would be high performance cars such as the Ferraris and the like. And the race slicks, and roll cage take away from the idea of having a street touge league. As for teams, privateer is fine, ill throw that in there. But 5 teams is actually a decent amount considering.

And yes, I would say sports parts as well but I dont have time to look at each car's build.

Also i didnt think it would be too much to ask for someone to build a car with semi street legal specs o.o
Back to top Go down
bukkaz
Fujiwara
bukkaz

PostSubject: Re: Forza Touge Battle Challenge (FTBC) ***Attendance List***   Forza Touge Battle Challenge (FTBC) ***Attendance List*** Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 9:21 pm

Im with kraze on this one
Back to top Go down
StrawberryGL
Touge Veteran
StrawberryGL

PostSubject: Re: Forza Touge Battle Challenge (FTBC) ***Attendance List***   Forza Touge Battle Challenge (FTBC) ***Attendance List*** Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 9:23 pm

Quote :
No race slicks. No *full* roll cage

I'm going to be honest with you, I don't think that's going to be very popular. All the current drivers race with both racing slicks and roll cages. People would need to relearn their cars and create separate tunes just to participate. Most people already look down on Forza Aero but it isn't entirely banned.

Quote :
A550 PI

I'm not even going to guess how you came up with that number, but most A class drivers have already tuned their cars to A600. Again, the drivers would need to relearn everything they've learned about A class driving to participate in your tournament.

Quote :
Cars will be approved. Leader Board cars will be raced at a PI reduction.

I'd like to ask what you consider a "leaderboard car". Undeniably, there are a few cars that have an advantage over others, but there's no reason to penalize people for picking fast cars.

You have a good idea and i'd like to see it become a success, but with these rules I know that I won't be entering, and I know a few others that would be skeptical as well.

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TEHROFLKINFE?feature=mhee
SaintedPlacebo4
Touge Enthusiast
SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Forza Touge Battle Challenge (FTBC) ***Attendance List***   Forza Touge Battle Challenge (FTBC) ***Attendance List*** Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 9:31 pm

Well for starters, show me one league in forza anywhere that has cars built at B500, A600, S700? Other then a few most are built outside of that window for simple reasons. Also, several leagues that are trying to be closer to life have other build restrictions. I got the number 550 very easily. A550 is a B500 car with more horsepower (possibly more grip depending on what car). I come from a more structured background, this whole "i want it to be built the way it is sitting in my garage" is new to me.
Back to top Go down
Koolaid
Touge Veteran
Koolaid

PostSubject: Re: Forza Touge Battle Challenge (FTBC) ***Attendance List***   Forza Touge Battle Challenge (FTBC) ***Attendance List*** Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 9:31 pm

Add street version to the title and everything would be simplified.
Not everyone has a dedicated street class so it'll probably take a bit of time for everyone to have a car tuned to battle with.

Also my take on race and street, for example, b class, both are tuned to 500PI but PI is based on an overall balance of power/weight/handling.
street 500 will not handle as well but will have more power while race 500 will be the complete opposite.
To me it sounds a personal preference build.
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Forza Touge Battle Challenge (FTBC) ***Attendance List***   Forza Touge Battle Challenge (FTBC) ***Attendance List*** Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 9:32 pm

Don't get me wrong I love mixing things up a bit but this would require building cars specific to these events (I think most people here want to drive the cars they have already developed/been developing).
But I DO like the idea of having 2 different teams face off every week with 2 different drivers as their representatives (1 uphill &1 downhill). The drivers for the next week can be chosen through voting within the team which I think is a great way to get people involved (since most teams here have like zero battle experience)
It can look like this:
Forza Touge Battle Challenge (FTBC) ***Attendance List*** Initial-d-334349
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4
Touge Enthusiast
SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Forza Touge Battle Challenge (FTBC) ***Attendance List***   Forza Touge Battle Challenge (FTBC) ***Attendance List*** Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 9:37 pm

The reason i say no slicks or rollcage is because of this, show me a traditional touge car chillin gin the mountains of japan with race slicks ready to go? very very seldom.

Although i will do exactly as koolaid says to solve the issue. If you want to run build a street car. If not well too bad so sad? I dont want ot be a jerk xD but i mean there is a difference from street and race and if i wanted to run B500 all done up as normal then i would say "B500 weekly races"
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Forza Touge Battle Challenge (FTBC) ***Attendance List***   Forza Touge Battle Challenge (FTBC) ***Attendance List*** Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 9:40 pm

How are you gonna police the entry cars? Race tires are damn near undetectable besides a close up view at the tread. Is everyone entering gonna have to send you a tune or something?
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4
Touge Enthusiast
SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Forza Touge Battle Challenge (FTBC) ***Attendance List***   Forza Touge Battle Challenge (FTBC) ***Attendance List*** Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 9:44 pm

Geez i guess honest people dont exist anymore. Honestly, I would have hoped that if someone wanted to participate they would want to play fair. If someone wants to call shenanigans than I guess i would look at the replay. *sigh*

Forza Touge Battle Challenge (FTBC) ***Attendance List*** Epic_Facepalm_5452
Back to top Go down
Konasumi
Touge Veteran
Konasumi

PostSubject: Re: Forza Touge Battle Challenge (FTBC) ***Attendance List***   Forza Touge Battle Challenge (FTBC) ***Attendance List*** Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 9:47 pm

Wait..... Why is there so many restrictions? Leaderboard cars have a handicap? Sport tires? No complete cages? I'm sorry, I just noticed. Sad
Back to top Go down
bukkaz
Fujiwara
bukkaz

PostSubject: Re: Forza Touge Battle Challenge (FTBC) ***Attendance List***   Forza Touge Battle Challenge (FTBC) ***Attendance List*** Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 9:49 pm

Lol I was wondering why u were cool with it Laughing
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4
Touge Enthusiast
SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Forza Touge Battle Challenge (FTBC) ***Attendance List***   Forza Touge Battle Challenge (FTBC) ***Attendance List*** Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 9:49 pm

The purpose of starting this was to have a street car league for touge. You guys all like Initial D. They dont race slicks, or have a roll cage (at least last time i watched the show), this is an attempt to close in on something like that. Is that too much to as for Shocked
Back to top Go down
Konasumi
Touge Veteran
Konasumi

PostSubject: Re: Forza Touge Battle Challenge (FTBC) ***Attendance List***   Forza Touge Battle Challenge (FTBC) ***Attendance List*** Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 9:52 pm

SaintedPlacebo4 wrote:
The purpose of starting this was to have a street car league for touge. You guys all like Initial D. They dont race slicks, or have a roll cage (at least last time i watched the show), this is an attempt to close in on something like that. Is that too much to as for Shocked

I get what you are trying to say, but touge cars are already set with racing slicks and full cages. Initial D spoiler
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
StrawberryGL
Touge Veteran
StrawberryGL

PostSubject: Re: Forza Touge Battle Challenge (FTBC) ***Attendance List***   Forza Touge Battle Challenge (FTBC) ***Attendance List*** Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 10:00 pm

Quote :
Well for starters, show me one league in forza anywhere that has cars built at B500, A600, S700? Also, several leagues that are trying to be closer to life have other build restrictions. I got the number 550 very easily. A550 is a B500 car with more horsepower (possibly more grip depending on what car).

I haven't raced in a Forza League before. I guess it does make sense, since you want a more street style of racing. What I was trying to say was that most of our tiny community is accustomed to standard tuning, and since it seemed like you wanted all the major teams to participate I told you why I thought it wasn't accessible. You're idea is great, and I think it would be fun to race without slicks and roll cages for a change.

SaintedPlacebo4 wrote:
I come from a more structured background, this whole "i want it to be built the way it is sitting in my garage" is new to me.

I don't come from a "structured background" like you then I suppose. I'm not demanding you change your rules.

Quote :
Geez i guess honest people dont exist anymore. Honestly, I would have hoped that if someone wanted to participate they would want to play fair. If someone wants to call shenanigans than I guess i would look at the replay.

Trust me, your going to have to check. Some people are pretty sneaky.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4
Touge Enthusiast
SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Forza Touge Battle Challenge (FTBC) ***Attendance List***   Forza Touge Battle Challenge (FTBC) ***Attendance List*** Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 10:06 pm

StrawberryGL wrote:
Quote :
Well for starters, show me one league in forza anywhere that has cars built at B500, A600, S700? Also, several leagues that are trying to be closer to life have other build restrictions. I got the number 550 very easily. A550 is a B500 car with more horsepower (possibly more grip depending on what car).

I haven't raced in a Forza League before. I guess it does make sense, since you want a more street style of racing. What I was trying to say was that most of our tiny community is accustomed to standard tuning, and since it seemed like you wanted all the major teams to participate I told you why I thought it wasn't accessible. You're idea is great, and I think it would be fun to race without slicks and roll cages for a change.

SaintedPlacebo4 wrote:
I come from a more structured background, this whole "i want it to be built the way it is sitting in my garage" is new to me.

I don't come from a "structured background" like you then I suppose. I'm not demanding you change your rules.

Quote :
Geez i guess honest people dont exist anymore. Honestly, I would have hoped that if someone wanted to participate they would want to play fair. If someone wants to call shenanigans than I guess i would look at the replay.

Trust me, your going to have to check. Some people are pretty sneaky.

Spoiler:

I didn't mean the structured background comment to come off so snarky jocolor my apologies. And im willing to fiddle with the set up/rules its a base idea, the reason im so harsh on the tires, and cage is because that is where (in forza) cars go from street rides to race rides.
Back to top Go down
StrawberryGL
Touge Veteran
StrawberryGL

PostSubject: Re: Forza Touge Battle Challenge (FTBC) ***Attendance List***   Forza Touge Battle Challenge (FTBC) ***Attendance List*** Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 10:21 pm

Quote :
I didn't mean the structured background comment to come off so snarky jocolor my apologies. And im willing to fiddle with the set up/rules its a base idea, the reason im so harsh on the tires, and cage is because that is where (in forza) cars go from street rides to race rides.

None taken, don't worry about it, lol. It's a definitely a fun idea, it'd be interesting to see how far we can push cars without aids like tires and roll cages. It just definitely won't become my main interest. I'll give tuning one a try later.
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Forza Touge Battle Challenge (FTBC) ***Attendance List***   Forza Touge Battle Challenge (FTBC) ***Attendance List*** Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 10:29 pm

No Roll Cages in Initial D? Blasphemy
Forza Touge Battle Challenge (FTBC) ***Attendance List*** Initial-d-334792
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4
Touge Enthusiast
SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Forza Touge Battle Challenge (FTBC) ***Attendance List***   Forza Touge Battle Challenge (FTBC) ***Attendance List*** Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 10:37 pm

he did say "after adding" and as a disclaimer i did say "i only watched up to so far" im assuming that came after he teamed up with peeps.
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4
Touge Enthusiast
SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Forza Touge Battle Challenge (FTBC) ***Attendance List***   Forza Touge Battle Challenge (FTBC) ***Attendance List*** Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 10:38 pm

Anyways if this is going to be an issue then i guess ill scrap the street idea and only have that be for special occasions where ill dish out some for of reward (CR or paints)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forza Touge Battle Challenge (FTBC) ***Attendance List***   Forza Touge Battle Challenge (FTBC) ***Attendance List*** Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Forza Touge Battle Challenge (FTBC) ***Attendance List***
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next