Touge Union
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport's Touge Community

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gamer Tags (what made you choose yours?)

Go down 
+12
Peacock
bukkaz
MiNd
that slime kb
StrawberryGL
V19Triumph68V
Koolaid
xTRSx Unknown
Konasumi
Clutch927
KraZe
IVYTRAE
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
IVYTRAE
Tofu Delivery Driver
IVYTRAE

Gamer Tags (what made you choose yours?) Empty
PostSubject: Gamer Tags (what made you choose yours?)   Gamer Tags (what made you choose yours?) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 2:50 pm

Seen a lot if interesting gamer tags over the years. some are really cool, some are really not. Each and everyone has chosen a gamer tag for 1 reason. I think its interesting to see how and why a specific one was chosen by its individual.

What made you choose your Gamer Tag?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHZPSeKvQIRRWMpbbHlxwNw
IVYTRAE
Tofu Delivery Driver
IVYTRAE

PostSubject: Re: Gamer Tags (what made you choose yours?)   Gamer Tags (what made you choose yours?) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 2:55 pm

Ill begin with mine.

IVYTRAE is simply "I Betray" i came up with it before xbox 360 even came out.
Me and my friends use to link up 4 xboxe's and play halo 1 with 16 peopple . I sucked so i started killing my team mates. right away they all said watch out for him he betrays so right there and then i put on my player name. I betray , later on xbox 360 i use ivytrae
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Gamer Tags (what made you choose yours?)   Gamer Tags (what made you choose yours?) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 3:06 pm

Mah gaymurtags in order:

1) Kh501pr- "KH" = initials, "501" = favorite number (oddly), "PR" = Puerto Rico

2) x KH A L I BR x - "x" = I was a n00b, "KH" = initials (again), "BR" = Battle Rifle (Halo fanboy), "Khalibr" =~ "Caliber" (like .50 cal or some shit)

3) KraZe - "KR" = still initials, "Z" = mah 300ZX, "Kray-Z" or "Krays-E"=~ Crazy

Last edited by KraZe on Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Clutch927
Touge Veteran
Clutch927

PostSubject: Re: Gamer Tags (what made you choose yours?)   Gamer Tags (what made you choose yours?) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 3:17 pm

Nfs underground, there was a racer by the name of klutch and since I was a smart ass back then I decided to call myself clutch, 927 is my birthday , that's how you get Clutch927

I played soccer in high school and other teams started calling me clutch bc of the way I played and coach overheard them and I've had the name since.
Back to top Go down
IVYTRAE
Tofu Delivery Driver
IVYTRAE

PostSubject: Re: Gamer Tags (what made you choose yours?)   Gamer Tags (what made you choose yours?) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 3:34 pm

interesting clutch.... and kraze
Back to top Go down
Konasumi
Touge Veteran
Konasumi

PostSubject: Re: Gamer Tags (what made you choose yours?)   Gamer Tags (what made you choose yours?) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 3:41 pm

I was getting REALLY tired of my other gamertag I made when I was 11 years old and I wanted a name that sounded Japanese. After countless hours of watching and researching anime I came up with Kona - Sumi and I combined the two to make Konasumi. I stuck with that name since.
Back to top Go down
xTRSx Unknown
Kaido Aficionado
xTRSx Unknown

PostSubject: Re: Gamer Tags (what made you choose yours?)   Gamer Tags (what made you choose yours?) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 3:42 pm

xTRSx Unknown - "xTRSx" was an old drift team i was on in forza 2 ( Team Rockstar (the real team rockstar with xTRSx eljay and xTRSx mallinco in case anybody knew them back then)) and "Unknown" i chosed that because even tho im around i never really say much or give much info out about me other than the obvious
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/DominusThaDon
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Gamer Tags (what made you choose yours?)   Gamer Tags (what made you choose yours?) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 3:44 pm

Konasumi wrote:
After countless hours of watching and researching anime
LOL
Back to top Go down
IVYTRAE
Tofu Delivery Driver
IVYTRAE

PostSubject: Re: Gamer Tags (what made you choose yours?)   Gamer Tags (what made you choose yours?) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 6:42 pm

what does kona-sumi mean?

never played #2 but it sounds cool, the gt
Back to top Go down
Konasumi
Touge Veteran
Konasumi

PostSubject: Re: Gamer Tags (what made you choose yours?)   Gamer Tags (what made you choose yours?) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 6:51 pm

IVYTRAE wrote:
what does kona-sumi mean?

never played #2 but it sounds cool, the gt

Kona-Sumi is a combination of first and last Japanese names. It doesn't mean anything
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Gamer Tags (what made you choose yours?)   Gamer Tags (what made you choose yours?) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 6:56 pm

Taken from the internet:
Quote :
Kona means powder in Japanese... The Japanese kanji for Kona is 粉 and it means powder.
And depending on the context "Sumi" can mean "Corner" lol.
http://www.jp41.com/kanji/sumi.html

Your GT is literally "Powder corner" lmao
Back to top Go down
Koolaid
Touge Veteran
Koolaid

PostSubject: Re: Gamer Tags (what made you choose yours?)   Gamer Tags (what made you choose yours?) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 7:56 pm

i'm a thirsty ass nigga who watches anime, Koolaid sama
Back to top Go down
V19Triumph68V
Tofu Delivery Driver

PostSubject: Re: Gamer Tags (what made you choose yours?)   Gamer Tags (what made you choose yours?) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 8:00 pm

Oldest GT
NikTheGnarDog
My name is nik
I am a gnar-dog

OldGT
SidetrakGnardog
I was on a drifting team on Forza 3 called SideTrak
I am still a gnar-dog

New GT
V19Triumph68V

V = Random space filling letter
19 =
      Year of the custom motorcycle that me and my father built
68 =
Triumph = Make of the custom chopper that we built

I am still a gnar-dog

Last edited by V19Triumph68V on Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
StrawberryGL
Touge Veteran
StrawberryGL

PostSubject: Re: Gamer Tags (what made you choose yours?)   Gamer Tags (what made you choose yours?) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 12:57 am

10 years old: Leowolf1002, because wolves were cool, leo seemed tacticool, and 101 was taken. So was 102. So was 1001.

13: TEHROFLKNIFE, I watched these Halo 3 parodies on the internet and in one scene a master chief toy grabs a knife and says something like "teh rofl knife demands blood" and then the knife goes "blood plz k thnx lol" it was pretty retarded.

15: Strawberry, I wanted a new name because my old one was kind of embarassing especially being CAPSLOCK, so I thought about it for like a week and since I was 15 I wanted it to be something to do with my age. A play on words in japanese is the name Ichigo which can be heard of as "onefive" or "fifteen", while it also means "strawberry". I thought ichigo was way too weebish so I picked strawberry. It's simple and sounds kind of silly and cute but also cool and stuff. On LIVE Strawberry was taken so I added GL for Gurren Lagann.

KraZe wrote:

I'm jealous

Koolaid wrote:
i'm a thirsty ass nigga who watches anime, Koolaid sama

Gomenasai, my name is Koolaid-Sama.

I’m a 27 year old American Otaku (Anime fan for you gaijins). I draw Anime and Manga on my tablet, and spend my days perfecting my art and playing superior Japanese games. (Disgaea, Final Fantasy, Persona series)

I train with my Katana every day, this superior weapon can cut clean through steel because it is folded over a thousand times, and is vastly superior to any other weapon on earth. I earned my sword license two years ago, and I have been getting better every day.

I speak Japanese fluently, both Kanji and the Osaka dialect, and I write fluently as well. I know everything about Japanese history and their bushido code, which I follow 100%

When I get my Japanese visa, I am moving to Tokyo to attend a prestigious High School to learn more about their magnificent culture. I hope I can become an animator for Studio Ghibli or a game designer!

I own several kimonos, which I wear around town. I want to get used to wearing them before I move to Japan, so I can fit in easier. I bow to my elders and seniors and speak Japanese as often as I can, but rarely does anyone manage to respond.

Wish me luck in Japan!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TEHROFLKINFE?feature=mhee
that slime kb
Touge Veteran
that slime kb

PostSubject: Re: Gamer Tags (what made you choose yours?)   Gamer Tags (what made you choose yours?) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 1:07 am

my lil bro name is kyle basabe and he and his friends call each other slime so "that slime kb" is what his lil corny ass came up with lol so i just stuck with it lol
Back to top Go down
MiNd
Founder
MiNd

PostSubject: Re: Gamer Tags (what made you choose yours?)   Gamer Tags (what made you choose yours?) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 1:24 am

Well my name is kinda stolen, more or less a tribute I guess.

Back when I was 12 or whenever the original half life came out I started playing Half Life: Opposing Force, the online play was very fast paced and the skill gap was incredible, I played that game tons, at the time it was pretty big. The name I used in the game was "ShOcKwAvE". After a LONG time, about a year, I had gotten pretty good and was in the top 25% of people. In just playing constantly I met a lot of chill people, 1 of which was thee absolute best in the game, because of the skill gap, it was amazing how good this guy was, and he was the most chill and nicest person while he destroyed servers of 16 people and going 100 kills with no deaths, his name was "MiNdChArGeR"

Then Halo 2 happened, I got into that, into MLG and competitive gaming. And back then there was a pro player named "ShocKWav3", so to spare myself from being called a poser etc etc, I started looking for names on the Opposing Force stat website, first name I saw....MiNdChArGeR, tried it and it worked.

Back to top Go down
bukkaz
Fujiwara
bukkaz

PostSubject: Re: Gamer Tags (what made you choose yours?)   Gamer Tags (what made you choose yours?) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 1:31 am

Ahhh so your gamertag was chosen after inspiration then Smile
Back to top Go down
MiNd
Founder
MiNd

PostSubject: Re: Gamer Tags (what made you choose yours?)   Gamer Tags (what made you choose yours?) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 1:38 am

I also made a gamertag "Oh My ShOcKwAvE" which is nothing like the pro players one in Halo 3 yet I got tons of messages either calling me a poser and how I sucked and didn't deserve to be pro or super fan boys trying to get on my friends list thinking I was the pro lol

Ruined that name for me lol
Back to top Go down
Peacock
Kaido Aficionado
Peacock

PostSubject: Re: Gamer Tags (what made you choose yours?)   Gamer Tags (what made you choose yours?) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 4:04 am

I get mine from censorship. UrineRooster was intended to be Peacock, which was a nickname i had with my core group of friends since middle school. not sure why though lol
Back to top Go down
lBrawnyemperoRl
Touge Elite

PostSubject: Re: Gamer Tags (what made you choose yours?)   Gamer Tags (what made you choose yours?) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 7:43 am

Got mine from listening to that deep purple song after hearing it once xD

Before i called myself TokyoSkyline which was ok (it came from my love tokyo and the nissan skyline btw) but i never really liked that tag. BUT im terribly uncreative when it comes to names so i couldnt figure out a cooler name till hearing it in the song
Back to top Go down
IVYTRAE
Tofu Delivery Driver
IVYTRAE

PostSubject: Re: Gamer Tags (what made you choose yours?)   Gamer Tags (what made you choose yours?) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 11:26 am

that slime kb wrote:
my lil bro name is kyle basabe and he and his friends call each other slime so "that slime kb" is what his lil corny ass came up with lol so i just stuck with it lol

lol cool name tho
Back to top Go down
IVYTRAE
Tofu Delivery Driver
IVYTRAE

PostSubject: Re: Gamer Tags (what made you choose yours?)   Gamer Tags (what made you choose yours?) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 11:30 am

[quote="StrawberryGL"]10 years old: Leowolf1002, because wolves were cool, leo seemed tacticool, and 101 was taken. So was 102. So was 1001.

13: TEHROFLKNIFE, I watched these Halo 3 parodies on the internet and in one scene a master chief toy grabs a knife and says something like "teh rofl knife demands blood" and then the knife goes "blood plz k thnx lol" it was pretty retarded.

15: Strawberry, I wanted a new name because my old one was kind of embarassing especially being CAPSLOCK, so I thought about it for like a week and since I was 15 I wanted it to be something to do with my age. A play on words in japanese is the name Ichigo which can be heard of as "onefive" or "fifteen", while it also means "strawberry". I thought ichigo was way too weebish so I picked strawberry. It's simple and sounds kind of silly and cute but also cool and stuff. On LIVE Strawberry was taken so I added GL for Gurren Lagann.

KraZe wrote:

very cute strawbery
Back to top Go down
IVYTRAE
Tofu Delivery Driver
IVYTRAE

PostSubject: Re: Gamer Tags (what made you choose yours?)   Gamer Tags (what made you choose yours?) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 11:31 am

i guess this was a good post. there's a lot of interesting gamer tags here with a background. been reading good stuff here
Back to top Go down
V19Triumph68V
Tofu Delivery Driver

PostSubject: Re: Gamer Tags (what made you choose yours?)   Gamer Tags (what made you choose yours?) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 1:09 pm

I agree with you, Ivy. Just remind me not to play any team racing games with you lol.
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Gamer Tags (what made you choose yours?)   Gamer Tags (what made you choose yours?) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 1:20 pm

First ever gamertag on the PC when I was a kid:
(TES) Doug
(TES) = The epic scouts, a small group I made when i was a immature tf2 nut.

Carried my name through to the Wii, where i became xFHCx Doug
FHC was a clan me and a friend on the website Flipnote Hatena made, had it for a while.  And then I picked up a handle on the website, Obelisk-TD, which just became Obelisk later. so when I got the Xbox, my first GT there was xFHCx Obelisk.

After a while, FHC fell apart so my best friend and I regrouped and made Ricochet Media, a general media/gaming group on YouTube, and so I became RMedia Obelisk lol.

At one point I wanted to call myself shadowracer because I was obsessed with the Stealth cars in GT4.

*edit* Nobody I play with in CoD knows what an obelisk is or how to pronounce it so I get labeled as R-Media.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gamer Tags (what made you choose yours?)   Gamer Tags (what made you choose yours?) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gamer Tags (what made you choose yours?)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next