Touge Union
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport's Touge Community

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is there a touge field in Horizon?

Go down 
+3
KraZe
Koolaid
Obelisk
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

Is there a touge field in Horizon? Empty
PostSubject: Is there a touge field in Horizon?   Is there a touge field in Horizon? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 6:07 pm

I was just wondering if anyone did touge seriously in Forza Horizon.
Back to top Go down
Koolaid
Touge Veteran
Koolaid

PostSubject: Re: Is there a touge field in Horizon?   Is there a touge field in Horizon? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 6:36 pm

I dont think you can do anything serious in that game lol
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Is there a touge field in Horizon?   Is there a touge field in Horizon? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 6:43 pm

I seriously put that game under my shelf to keep it level.
Back to top Go down
MiNd
Founder
MiNd

PostSubject: Re: Is there a touge field in Horizon?   Is there a touge field in Horizon? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 7:11 pm

Koolaid wrote:
I dont think you can do anything serious in that game lol

KraZe wrote:
I seriously put that game under my shelf to keep it level.

/thread
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Is there a touge field in Horizon?   Is there a touge field in Horizon? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 7:24 pm

You guys cop such an attitude about the game. Is it the fact that it seems arcadish to you? Is it the fact that you can't fine-tune the cars?

It's a solid game, and a step away from the traditional series. Strictly speaking, Horizon scored just under FM4 by critics.
Horizon average score: 88.6
FM4 average score: 91.8

I mean--Both games have their ups and downs. Both are good although I feel that FM4 doesn't really have a plot, it judt has you racing over and over. Horizon has a coherent story line and I like that. I also like 8 players over 18, cleaner races usually.
Back to top Go down
betadood
Touge Enthusiast
betadood

PostSubject: Re: Is there a touge field in Horizon?   Is there a touge field in Horizon? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 7:31 pm

Because game reviews are to always be trusted right? We don't need a crappy ricer plot with wub wub to move us along while playing forza, we just love cars. And because we love cars we except them to handle like they should. The game is not arcadish, it's just arcade in general.
Back to top Go down
http://forzastats.com/Player/Betadood
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Is there a touge field in Horizon?   Is there a touge field in Horizon? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 7:33 pm

^//threadthread

If you need a plot to enjoy a racing simulator then you should obviously stick to arcade games.
Back to top Go down
Koolaid
Touge Veteran
Koolaid

PostSubject: Re: Is there a touge field in Horizon?   Is there a touge field in Horizon? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 7:36 pm

Horizon takes no skill to be a competitive racer, hence not being able to take the game seriously.
I got a quarter of the way thru the game before selling it.

The only thing competitive in that game is King, which me and mind dominated every game LOL

I mean whats the point of leader boards when you can rewind and have a clean lap?? LOLZ
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Is there a touge field in Horizon?   Is there a touge field in Horizon? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 7:39 pm

betadood wrote:
Because game reviews are to always be trusted right? We don't need a crappy ricer plot with wub wub to move us along while playing forza, we just love cars. And because we love cars we except them to handle like they should. The game is not arcadish, it's just arcade in general.
The game does seem rather accurate in the handling department. I did compare the 86 in both games in S class and they seemed to be pretty good. Although the 86 in Horizon is more drift-tuned for some reason. Honestly, I don't see the ricer plot, and you know you can toggle the music on or off. I can see why it would seem like an arcade game, but compare it to actual arcade games. Let's say...2 Fas 2 Furious.

Horizon:
-Replayable
-250 cars at least
-Free roam
-Constructive plot
-Accurate physics
-Very wide variety of customization

2 Fast 2 Furious
-Pay to play
-About 10-15 cars
-Turns can be taken at 2x physically possible speeds
-Crashes are not accurate
-Customization limited to one upgrade per race (Three if paid)
-You lose your progress regardless (User accounts are frustrating to retrieve)

Should I go on, or do you feel ignorant enough?
Back to top Go down
MiNd
Founder
MiNd

PostSubject: Re: Is there a touge field in Horizon?   Is there a touge field in Horizon? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 7:41 pm

But heres a few things you must keep in mind.

This community was built on the hardcore touge enthusiasts, (Call it for now, "Hardcore gamers") and what your talking about with good story line, break from the series, etc etc, thats all for the more "Casual Gamers"

The dumb'd down physics, story line, all that is for alot of the general audience (Causual Gamers), I agree, they did do a good job though, it is a fun game to mess around on, but it doesn't have any things for the more hardcore gamers.

It is the same way with Halo:Reach, game had a great story line, and the multiplayer was good for the general audience, but trust me If you go over to MLG forums (the hardcore competitive players) and say how Halo reach is a great game, you will be torn to shreds by hundreds within moments.

TL DR - Point is, It is a good game, its just not for the competitive touge racers like us.
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Is there a touge field in Horizon?   Is there a touge field in Horizon? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 7:43 pm

Obelisk wrote:
The game does seem rather accurate in the handling department.  I did compare the 86 in both games in S class and they seemed to be pretty good.  Although the 86 in Horizon is more drift-tuned for some reason.  Honestly, I don't see the ricer plot, and you know you can toggle the music on or off.  I can see why it would seem like an arcade game, but compare it to actual arcade games.  Let's say...2 Fas 2 Furious.

Horizon:
-Replayable
-250 cars at least
-Free roam
-Constructive plot
-Accurate physics

2 Fast 2 Furious <--- They made a game? Lmao
-Pay to play
-About 10-15 cars
-Crashes are not accurate <--- Applies to Horizon

Just stop talking. GTFO
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Is there a touge field in Horizon?   Is there a touge field in Horizon? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 7:46 pm

"Hardcore".

I call bull on that.

Hardcore usually implies major league. Is there a major league in Touge Union? Nope. I may be a casual, so? Everyone has their own opinion.

Hardcore means you devote all your time to flying down Fujimi Kaido, i.e. nothing but Kaido. Most people here have professions and/or education for a profession outside the Xbox.
And besides--I just find the fact that there are 'catergories' of gamers irritating. We are all GAMERS.
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Is there a touge field in Horizon?   Is there a touge field in Horizon? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 7:47 pm

KraZe wrote:
Obelisk wrote:
The game does seem rather accurate in the handling department.  I did compare the 86 in both games in S class and they seemed to be pretty good.  Although the 86 in Horizon is more drift-tuned for some reason.  Honestly, I don't see the ricer plot, and you know you can toggle the music on or off.  I can see why it would seem like an arcade game, but compare it to actual arcade games.  Let's say...2 Fas 2 Furious.

Horizon:
-Replayable
-250 cars at least
-Free roam
-Constructive plot
-Accurate physics

2 Fast 2 Furious <--- They made a game? Lmao
-Pay to play
-About 10-15 cars
-Crashes are not accurate <--- Applies to Horizon

Just stop talking. GTFO

This from the ignorant jerk who said 'You wot m8' when I told you I was deaf.
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Is there a touge field in Horizon?   Is there a touge field in Horizon? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 7:48 pm

^I was referring to any crash. On the arcade game, the car just does a 360.
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Is there a touge field in Horizon?   Is there a touge field in Horizon? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 7:49 pm

Is there a touge field in Horizon? 1345834178446
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Is there a touge field in Horizon?   Is there a touge field in Horizon? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 7:52 pm

KraZe wrote:
KraZe, am I going to have to ask a moderator to block you from this thread?
Need I remind you that you called me a child over a suggestion I made for music in a video?
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Is there a touge field in Horizon?   Is there a touge field in Horizon? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 7:58 pm

Obelisk wrote:
I think I'm just gonna leave the union if I keep getting humiliated like this.
I'm sorry I didn't know deaf people listened to music. Ok I'm done byebye.
Back to top Go down
StrawberryGL
Touge Veteran
StrawberryGL

PostSubject: Re: Is there a touge field in Horizon?   Is there a touge field in Horizon? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 7:59 pm

Obelisk wrote:
Everyone has their own opinion

Obelisk wrote:

Obelisk wrote:

And yet, according to you, our opinion is wrong and ignorant, since we don't like what you like.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TEHROFLKINFE?feature=mhee
betadood
Touge Enthusiast
betadood

PostSubject: Re: Is there a touge field in Horizon?   Is there a touge field in Horizon? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 8:01 pm

Obelisk wrote:
KraZe wrote:
KraZe, am I going to have to ask a moderator to block you from this thread?
Need I remind you that you called me a child over a suggestion I made for music in a video?
I don't really think your in a position to be calling help from admins after flinging all those insults around.
Back to top Go down
http://forzastats.com/Player/Betadood
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Is there a touge field in Horizon?   Is there a touge field in Horizon? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 8:02 pm

^All I intended is for people to take it with a grain of salt.

And I was also just attempting to offer a constructive response. My apologies if I came off that way.
Back to top Go down
that slime kb
Touge Veteran
that slime kb

PostSubject: Re: Is there a touge field in Horizon?   Is there a touge field in Horizon? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 8:09 pm

(disclaimer)
The opinions expressed in content posted on this thread are not necessarily the opinions of Fujimi Black Knights. Fujimi Black Knights are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate content posted on this thread, whether caused by the users of this forum or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized by this website. hahaa jkjk. everyone has their own opinions on horizon. so be it. maybe if horizon had tuning and more life like physics the FM4 gamers would accept it. oh and a mountain pass Razz 
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Is there a touge field in Horizon?   Is there a touge field in Horizon? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 8:10 pm

that slime kb wrote:
(disclaimer)
The opinions expressed in content posted on this thread are not necessarily the opinions of Fujimi Black Knights. Fujimi Black Knights are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate content posted on this thread, whether caused by the users of this forum or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized by this website. hahaa jkjk. everyone has their own opinions on horizon. so be it. maybe if horizon had tuning and more life like physics the FM4 gamers would accept it. oh and a mountain pass Razz 
Yeah, my bad.

Well, the Red Rock route is close to a mountain pass but oh well. Gotta do woth what ya got.
Back to top Go down
that slime kb
Touge Veteran
that slime kb

PostSubject: Re: Is there a touge field in Horizon?   Is there a touge field in Horizon? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 8:13 pm

was just joking, trying to lighten up the mood thats all afro 
Back to top Go down
Obelisk
Fujiwara
Obelisk

PostSubject: Re: Is there a touge field in Horizon?   Is there a touge field in Horizon? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 8:16 pm

And I managed to misspell with.
Back to top Go down
MiNd
Founder
MiNd

PostSubject: Re: Is there a touge field in Horizon?   Is there a touge field in Horizon? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 8:20 pm

Hardcore means you are committed, that doesn't mean I have to spend 24/7 doing that. Hardcore doesn't need a "League " to play in.

A good number of us just run touge, thats it, we hop online and practice the mountain, spend hours fine tuning and trying to find the fastest line through each corner. Thats "Hardcore".

Most of us as touge racers, love a specific, focused, and competitive part of Forza 4. Horizon doesn't have that, hence none of us really play.

Your OP said

Obelisk wrote:
I was just wondering if anyone did touge seriously in Forza Horizon.

Short answer is No.

Obelisk wrote:
Well, the Red Rock route is close to a mountain pass but oh well.  Gotta do woth what ya got.

We got Forza 4's Fujimi Kaido (an acutal pass) or Red Rock (somewhat a mountain pass).
We choose Fujimi Kaido, like you said, We work with what we got.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is there a touge field in Horizon?   Is there a touge field in Horizon? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is there a touge field in Horizon?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next