Touge Union
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport's Touge Community

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Official Forza Touge Rulebook?

Go down 
+2
xTRSx Unknown
Smooth92
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Smooth92
Founder
Smooth92

Official Forza Touge Rulebook? Empty
PostSubject: Official Forza Touge Rulebook?   Official Forza Touge Rulebook? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 1:23 pm

I thought it would be a good idea to have a set of rules we can all refer to. I am asking the community to come together and give a helping hand so we can all agree on a general set of rules.

RULES
How It Works
The objective for the follow car is to stay within 100 feet of the lead car or overtake the lead car if possible. The lead car's objective is to spread the lead by over 100 feet.

Vehicle Rules
- No Lotus Elises/Exiges (B-Class)
- No Lotus Elan (C-Class)
- No Forza Aero

Rules of the Mountain
- Car with least amount of horsepower leads first
- 50mph roll in start (optional)
- Best out of 3 format, lead car changes after each run
- 100+ feet = lead car wins (# of ft to win is agreed on by both drivers)
- 1-99 feet = draw
- Follow car must maintain lead until finish line to win due to overtake
- No riding the rails!
- Minor contact is not an issue, if the spectating judge feels contact was an issue though the round will be restarted, if it happens again round goes to the other driver
- At least 2 Judges needed (1 at the end of the course that watches distance and marks the end of course, and 1 judge in spectator to announce battle start, watch for illegal contact, and passes) 

Example
Driver 1 leads and wins by 124 feet. Heat 1 goes to driver 1. Now Driver 2 leads but only extends the lead by 82 feet. This causes a draw for heat 2. Driver 1 wins the battle.

Last edited by Smooth92 on Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:23 pm; edited 11 times in total
Back to top Go down
xTRSx Unknown
Kaido Aficionado
xTRSx Unknown

PostSubject: Re: Official Forza Touge Rulebook?   Official Forza Touge Rulebook? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 1:34 pm

What about those who only run A Class?
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/DominusThaDon
Smooth92
Founder
Smooth92

PostSubject: Re: Official Forza Touge Rulebook?   Official Forza Touge Rulebook? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 1:37 pm

I copy/pasted from the Touge Wars thread, thanks for pointing that out. Fixed!
Back to top Go down
xTRSx Unknown
Kaido Aficionado
xTRSx Unknown

PostSubject: Re: Official Forza Touge Rulebook?   Official Forza Touge Rulebook? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 1:40 pm

Cool the rules seem ok by me, just dont know if the outrun distance should Be increased to 120-150Ft to give more wiggle room but thats only just a thought
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/DominusThaDon
that slime kb
Touge Veteran
that slime kb

PostSubject: Re: Official Forza Touge Rulebook?   Official Forza Touge Rulebook? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 1:42 pm

Back to top Go down
StrawberryGL
Touge Veteran
StrawberryGL

PostSubject: Re: Official Forza Touge Rulebook?   Official Forza Touge Rulebook? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 1:43 pm

No Forza Aero - Generally true for all forms of touge competition, I still don't think we should outright tell people they aren't allowed to use it, ever.

Cannot use a Lotus - There are a lot of lotuses, I know you meant an Elise but that needs to be specified.

class cars only - We've been racing with other car classes since the beginning, to limit all competition to B class is absurd.

Simulation Damage - Shouldn't be forced but I prefer simulation damage for all serious races

Car with least amount of horsepower leads during the 50 roll - Not everyone does 50 rolls, i much prefer 30.
 2 rounds plus sudden death if needed - I don't like racing a set number of rounds
- 100ft + = Lead Car Wins - 100ft is a little to small a distance for me, 120 is what I use
- 0-99ft = Follow Car Wins - I don't think the follow car should be able to get a win by just sticking within 100ft
- Follow car must maintain lead until finish line to win due to overtake - Makes sense
- No wall riding - Yep
- If the follow car collides into the lead car and affects the run, it is a loss for the follow car. If the hit is minor and doesn't interrupt the lead car, the battle can continue. - Sounds good

I will be chasing the two competitors throughout each heat to spectate the races so no problems occur and to help those who are unsure about how touge works - I don't usually like people chasing unless they'll stay a good 60ft away from the racers

Everyone has their own style of going about things, as long as your rules aren't presented as the only option for touge racing they're decent.

Last edited by StrawberryGL on Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:47 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TEHROFLKINFE?feature=mhee
Smooth92
Founder
Smooth92

PostSubject: Re: Official Forza Touge Rulebook?   Official Forza Touge Rulebook? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 1:44 pm

Should we allow draws? For example,

0-99 = follow car wins

100-150 = draw

150+ = lead car wins

Edit: @Strawberry, that is exactly how I copied it from the old thread but I updated and rephrased a couple things. It will not be limited to B Class, that is just what it was limited to in the tournament.
Back to top Go down
that slime kb
Touge Veteran
that slime kb

PostSubject: Re: Official Forza Touge Rulebook?   Official Forza Touge Rulebook? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 1:51 pm

i think whoever is racing should decide on what rules they want to run with. if you like these rules run with these rules, if you prefer something else then go right ahead
Back to top Go down
Smooth92
Founder
Smooth92

PostSubject: Re: Official Forza Touge Rulebook?   Official Forza Touge Rulebook? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 1:53 pm

I understand that but I think it would be helpful to have a general set of rules. I'm not saying they are going to be the only rules that everyone has to follow them but it would be cool to set up battle threads and just say I want to use these set of rules instead of having to list them per battle thread.

It can also help the new guys who aren't sure how touge battles work on Forza.
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Official Forza Touge Rulebook?   Official Forza Touge Rulebook? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 2:28 pm

that slime kb wrote:
i think whoever is racing should decide on what rules they want to run with. if you like these rules run with these rules, if you prefer something else then go right ahead
/thread

For my 2 cents:
- I prefer 100ft outruns (if I'm trailing behind by more than 100ft I always feel like I'm losing even if I'm not).
- No obligatory # of rounds.  If there is an outrun or an overtake in the first round then deal with it the battle is over.
- Only way to draw and continue the battle with another round is to stay within 100ft without overtaking.
- The only collisions that should penalize a driver are those that result in a spinout/crash/ or forced overtake.
- If you don't sing a Eurobeat song in your head while racing you shouldn't even be on the touge.
- Forced simulation damage should be encouraged.
- No forza aero (Idgaf if they think they "need" it, that shit needs to be BANNED).
- Rolling starts can be whatever speed as long as it's under 55mph (National speed limit yo, don't wanna get arrested before the race even starts right?)
- Replays should be saved as evidence before the battle results are registered on TU.
- Battles should ONLY be between two drivers (three-ways are gay since it's all dudes).
- Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
- Banning Lotus Elises/Exiges (in B & A) and Elans (in C) is cool I guess.
- Post-race cooldown should be facilitated by chocolate ice cream.
- Toy Story 2 was OK.

Not sure what else to add.  But if someone were to challenge me I'd use these rules.
Back to top Go down
StrawberryGL
Touge Veteran
StrawberryGL

PostSubject: Re: Official Forza Touge Rulebook?   Official Forza Touge Rulebook? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 5:03 pm

KraZe wrote:
that slime kb wrote:
/thread

For my 2 cents:
- I prefer 100ft outruns (if I'm trailing behind by more than 100ft I always feel like I'm losing even if I'm not).
- No obligatory # of rounds.  If there is an outrun or an overtake in the first round then deal with it the battle is over.
- Only way to draw and continue the battle with another round is to stay within 100ft without overtaking.
- The only collisions that should penalize a driver are those that result in a spinout/crash/ or forced overtake.
- If you don't sing a Eurobeat song in your head while racing you shouldn't even be on the touge.
- Forced simulation damage should be encouraged.
- No forza aero (Idgaf if they think they "need" it, that shit needs to be BANNED).
- Rolling starts can be whatever speed as long as it's under 55mph (National speed limit yo, don't wanna get arrested before the race even starts right?)
- Replays should be saved as evidence before the battle results are registered on TU.
- Battles should ONLY be between two drivers (three-ways are gay since it's all dudes).
- Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
- Banning Lotus Elises/Exiges (in B & A) and Elans (in C) is cool I guess.
- Post-race cooldown should be facilitated by chocolate ice cream.
- Toy Story 2 was OK.

Not sure what else to add.  But if someone were to challenge me I'd use these rules.

Nope you nailed it.

Hey wait I vote chocolate ice cream should be changed to strawberry/vanilla
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TEHROFLKINFE?feature=mhee
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: Official Forza Touge Rulebook?   Official Forza Touge Rulebook? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 5:07 pm

StrawberryGL wrote:
Nope you nailed it.

Hey wait I vote chocolate ice cream should be changed to strawberry/vanilla
CONFIRMED CANNIBAL
Back to top Go down
betadood
Touge Enthusiast
betadood

PostSubject: Re: Official Forza Touge Rulebook?   Official Forza Touge Rulebook? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 5:48 pm

that slime kb wrote:
Pretty much this, everyone has certain rules that they like while others do not. I know the trend was to do races where the chase car could get points if he stuck close enough, but now races are done with the chase car having to pass to get a point otherwise it's a draw. Same goes for the lead car, an 100ft gap is extremely small for any race so a lot of people do 120-150 nowadays. It all comes down to the racers preferences.
Back to top Go down
http://forzastats.com/Player/Betadood
Smooth92
Founder
Smooth92

PostSubject: Re: Official Forza Touge Rulebook?   Official Forza Touge Rulebook? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 9:18 am

I'll update this when I get home today.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Forza Touge Rulebook?   Official Forza Touge Rulebook? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official Forza Touge Rulebook?
Page 1 of 1