Touge Union
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport's Touge Community

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I'm getting faster, new record - [video]

Go down 
+3
lBrawnyemperoRl
bukkaz
CheekyChips
7 posters
AuthorMessage
CheekyChips
Tofu Delivery Driver

I'm getting faster, new record - [video] Empty
PostSubject: I'm getting faster, new record - [video]   I'm getting faster, new record - [video] Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 5:29 am

I am still struggling with the old throttle control etc... Does anyone have a MK1 tune I can use to help guide mine just a little bit more?

Besides that, I think I am slowly progressing!
Back to top Go down
bukkaz
Fujiwara
bukkaz

PostSubject: Re: I'm getting faster, new record - [video]   I'm getting faster, new record - [video] Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 5:46 am

Ive noticed you use abs. Do you also use manual with clutch?
Back to top Go down
CheekyChips
Tofu Delivery Driver

PostSubject: Re: I'm getting faster, new record - [video]   I'm getting faster, new record - [video] Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 6:38 am

I do use ABS & yes I do run clutch, should I / Shouldn't I ?.... Smile
Back to top Go down
lBrawnyemperoRl
Touge Elite

PostSubject: Re: I'm getting faster, new record - [video]   I'm getting faster, new record - [video] Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 7:11 am

you should use the clutch. do you powershift? (staying on the throttle while shifting)

you should get rid of ABS though if possible and get a feel for where to brake so the wheels dont lock. like that braking distances shorten and you can use them more effectively
Back to top Go down
bukkaz
Fujiwara
bukkaz

PostSubject: Re: I'm getting faster, new record - [video]   I'm getting faster, new record - [video] Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 7:14 am

Yeah as black knight said and its best to power shift but be sure not to wheelspin too much when you do and you will shave seconds off Smile
Back to top Go down
lBrawnyemperoRl
Touge Elite

PostSubject: Re: I'm getting faster, new record - [video]   I'm getting faster, new record - [video] Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 7:17 am

yeah thats a problem with very short ratios. but inevitable in touge im afraid. then again you can put very wide tires on the mk1 right? should compensate that a little
Back to top Go down
CheekyChips
Tofu Delivery Driver

PostSubject: Re: I'm getting faster, new record - [video]   I'm getting faster, new record - [video] Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 11:12 am

I don't ever let off when shifting up gears ( I get 0 tire spin and yeah ) .... That already improves my time a little, as for abs I presume it's time to take it off....

As a quick one, I presume I shouldn't hard break and work more on feeling the break slow me instead off eating the barrier? As for that, any opinions on the video / any off my videos?
Back to top Go down
lBrawnyemperoRl
Touge Elite

PostSubject: Re: I'm getting faster, new record - [video]   I'm getting faster, new record - [video] Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 11:14 am

there is - depending on the car and setup - a spot right before the brakes lock up where the brakes hit the hardest. you need to basically train your finger to instantly hit that spot. it takes time to achieve but is soooo worth the effort Smile

apart from that i just watched the video. the car seems shaky yet unwilling to turn it at pace. what kind of suspension and dampers did you put in?
Back to top Go down
that slime kb
Touge Veteran
that slime kb

PostSubject: Re: I'm getting faster, new record - [video]   I'm getting faster, new record - [video] Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 1:24 pm

in the words of tuschiya it looks like you have "undah undah undah" steer
Back to top Go down
FWDtype
Wakaba
FWDtype

PostSubject: Re: I'm getting faster, new record - [video]   I'm getting faster, new record - [video] Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 1:32 pm

that slime kb wrote:
in the words of tuschiya it looks like you have "undah undah undah" steer

Hahhah, yeah he sounds funny. Them master of every car type Smile
Back to top Go down
CheekyChips
Tofu Delivery Driver

PostSubject: Re: I'm getting faster, new record - [video]   I'm getting faster, new record - [video] Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 2:01 pm

There is only very small changes done to the car as I struggle like hell to tune a car for the Touge hence why I drift more then anything, I just fancied a change.....

It's like 28.5 PSI front a rear and everything is a little more softer however, If anyone has ANY tunes I can use as a base outline or to use overall please let me know :3
Back to top Go down
bukkaz
Fujiwara
bukkaz

PostSubject: Re: I'm getting faster, new record - [video]   I'm getting faster, new record - [video] Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 2:39 pm

I can do you a base tune if you like. Its not guna be a great tune but its a good starting point and should be able to get a 2:40 on b reverse with the base tune itself
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: I'm getting faster, new record - [video]   I'm getting faster, new record - [video] Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 2:52 pm

I'll post the base tune I use for all my RWD, FWD, and AWD cars later today in the Touge Tune Database. They are all extremely simple and only require little changes to alter the handling.
Back to top Go down
bukkaz
Fujiwara
bukkaz

PostSubject: Re: I'm getting faster, new record - [video]   I'm getting faster, new record - [video] Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 2:59 pm

Lol scrap what I said about using my base tune, use kraze's lol they will be better than mine Razz
Back to top Go down
Konasumi
Touge Veteran
Konasumi

PostSubject: Re: I'm getting faster, new record - [video]   I'm getting faster, new record - [video] Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 3:04 pm

I loved that video man! You did a great job. You're doing pretty good on the mountain but I would recommend keeping your line a bit more smooth and flowing. Like others said, get rid of the ABS and use clutch. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm getting faster, new record - [video]   I'm getting faster, new record - [video] Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 3:19 pm

CheekyChips wrote:
I do use ABS & yes I do run clutch, should I / Shouldn't I ?.... :)
i also use abs
Back to top Go down
KraZe
King of Eurobeat
KraZe

PostSubject: Re: I'm getting faster, new record - [video]   I'm getting faster, new record - [video] Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 3:28 pm

Human ABS > ABS

It's not even a preference. Braking at the threshold before locking the wheels gives you more braking force than you would get otherwise.
Back to top Go down
CheekyChips
Tofu Delivery Driver

PostSubject: Re: I'm getting faster, new record - [video]   I'm getting faster, new record - [video] Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 3:51 pm

''I'll post the base tune I use for all my RWD, FWD, and AWD cars later today in the Touge Tune Database. They are all extremely simple and only require little changes to alter the handling.''

That will help me so much, I scrapped the MX5 today, completly & going to re-tune.

I have now lost the ABS and still on the clutch, currently in a 240SX and i'm pretty sure I have improved in the past 7 hours off driving lols!

Kon, I have been looking at mine & your scores together, we should play more some time as you are in my FL .... I still can't catch those 10+ seconds that your ahead off my by Sad

On th ABS note, its just past 3/4 to get it to stop you, I found that It's easier to control now with it gone!
Back to top Go down
Konasumi
Touge Veteran
Konasumi

PostSubject: Re: I'm getting faster, new record - [video]   I'm getting faster, new record - [video] Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 5:04 pm

I'd be down for that anytime! Just give me the word. Smile
Back to top Go down
CheekyChips
Tofu Delivery Driver

PostSubject: Re: I'm getting faster, new record - [video]   I'm getting faster, new record - [video] Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 5:37 pm

Honestly, that 2010 Mx5 you are running is insanely fast.

Also, is it possible for you to upload my video as I cant see the reply? Of the ODH in the EK9?
Back to top Go down
Konasumi
Touge Veteran
Konasumi

PostSubject: Re: I'm getting faster, new record - [video]   I'm getting faster, new record - [video] Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 9:38 pm

If you send me the replay I could do that.
Back to top Go down
CheekyChips
Tofu Delivery Driver

PostSubject: Re: I'm getting faster, new record - [video]   I'm getting faster, new record - [video] Icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 7:44 am

This is the problem, I don;t have it, its only available on LB i think Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm getting faster, new record - [video]   I'm getting faster, new record - [video] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I'm getting faster, new record - [video]
Page 1 of 1